Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the advantages to this new FF interface?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loobster View Post
    So - what are we supposed to do about those 1-person trees that they created? Can we delete them? Why would they have created them without our permission?
    I have not seen them created automatically. I have seen them created because the kit owner clicked on myFamilyTree link.

Mr W

Comment

Originally posted by Juanita View Post
      When I run the "People who match one or both kits" in GedMatch for 2 FTDNA results, there is a 'common' match from FTDNA that does not appear when I run the 'in common' utility in FTDNA.
      For those who are familiar with this GedMatch utility here are the results:

Shared 11.7
      Largest 11.7
      Gen5.1
      Shared 16.5
      Largest 11.3
      Gen 4.9
      Gen Difference 0.2

What's going on here?
      This match does not have a total of 20 cM so they may not be considered a match at FTDNA.

I know FTDNA has now allows an alternate algorithm for a match if the largest segment is greater than 9 but maybe GedMatch to FTDNA does not recognize this.

The other possibility is that your longest matches are both in the 11s. Maybe FTDNA has noted a break and divided them up into smaller segments. And now the longest segment is less than 9. To me, this seems the slightly more likely possibility.

Most of my segments from FTDNA to GedMatch are transferred with high consistency, but I do have several that vary so its not an absolute.

Comment

re: 1-person trees that FTDNA created --
        Originally posted by dna View Post
        I have not seen them created automatically. I have seen them created because the kit owner clicked on myFamilyTree link.
        Mr W
        Not sure. For some I may have accidentally clicked - or hovered and had it treated as if I chose it.
        In any case --
        Can they be deleted? And if so, how?
        Last edited by loobster; 23 July 2016, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by loobster View Post
          re: 1-person trees that FTDNA created --

Not sure. For some I may have accidentally clicked - or hovered and had it treated as if I chose it.
          In any case --
          Can they be deleted? And if so, how?
          Theoretically..., when viewing a tree there is an option Settings, after you click on it there is an option Delete Family Tree, then once again Delete.

But it did not work for me...

Mr W

Comment

Various Bugs

1. It should be easy to fix not showing trees with only 1 person as a tree.
            2. The ICW and Not ICW should be part of the individual, not a button at top that needs to scrolled to and checked again.
            3. The Save (csv/excel) should only save the filtered folks, not all folks.
            4. The ICW of filtered folks should compare to the whole database, not just the the filtered list. The filter can be reapplied if desired, but not the normal use.
            5. It might be nice to add the matrix to the selection along with the Chr browser.
            6. Put back the old relationships. Let them be tied to the family tree in the family tree, not FF. It used to take seconds to select a relationship in FF and now I have to build a part of the tree outside my ancestors (that I don't want to post) just to be able to select a match relationship.

I am sure I forgot a few of the bugs ('changes' in some cases) that are an issue. They really need a beta test group to look at some of these changes before they implement them for everyone. Some I like, but fix the bugs before you keep adding. Adding features by introducing bugs is not a good practice.
            Last edited by Bill_VT; 12 November 2016, 10:44 AM.

Comment

You said it! (er, wrote it)

Originally posted by Bill_VT View Post
              1. It should be easy to fix not showing trees with only 1 person as a tree.

6. Put back the old relationships. Let them be tied to the family tree in the family tree, not FF. It used to take seconds to select a relationship in FF and now I have to build a part of the tree outside my ancestors (that I don't want to post) just to be able to select a match relationship.
              I removed my GEDCOM in disgust with the new relationship "feature." No one was asked if they wanted the value of "phasing" over being able to establish relationships between kit managers, and who wants to look at a tree with one or two persons in it? If I wanted to be on Ancestry, that is where I would be.

Comment

People with only one person in their tree should no longer show up as having a tree. This appears to be corrected when I checked earlier. I have note heard any time table or ultimately if the old known relationship list will come back. I will let you know should I hear anything.

-Darren
                Family Tree DNA

Comment

Working...
                X