Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gedmatch no longer accepting FTDNA kits

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I don't think anyone disagreed with that. Maybe no one really wanted to think about it. At least BAM file creation is back.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by MMaddi View Post
      Everyone knows where they stand. Problem solved.
      I don't know where I stand because GEDmatch seems to be waiting on FTDNA to do what ever it is they want to do so I can use MY raw data the way I want to use it.

      Until GEDmatch is allowed to accept MY raw data the problem is not solved!!!!

      Comment


      • GEDMATCH Login gives Friday 8th April as the date it hopes to begin uploading again
        Last edited by betadams; 4 April 2016, 10:24 AM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by The_Contemplator View Post
          I don't think anyone disagreed with that. Maybe no one really wanted to think about it. At least BAM file creation is back.
          I've yet to have my button enabled...

          Comment


          • Originally posted by RandyZie View Post
            I've yet to have my button enabled...
            If you have sent in your BAM file request, then it will get there. There is just a backlog of requests they are doing but the BAM file creation is back. But if you haven't already, go request it.

            Comment


            • Gedmatch, 4/7/2016

              "We regret that we are still unable to begin FTDNA uploads. We are unable to give an estimated date for doing this as it is not in our control. "

              Comment


              • Time to convert the FTDNA kit to a 23andme kit. There are procedures on the Internet.

                Comment


                • GEDmatch now has a note up about accepting the new concatenated file format. However, I was unable to decompress the gz file with 7-zip, the program recommended by FTDNA. There is an error message about data after the payload data, and 7-zip stays stuck at 99%. Anybody else having a problem?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Ann Turner View Post
                    GEDmatch now has a note up about accepting the new concatenated file format. However, I was unable to decompress the gz file with 7-zip, the program recommended by FTDNA. There is an error message about data after the payload data, and 7-zip stays stuck at 99%. Anybody else having a problem?
                    I just tried it. I was able to decompress mine.

                    Comment


                    • Should the file be uploaded to gedmatch as a zip file? Which is better to use, 36 or 37?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Armando View Post
                        I just tried it. I was able to decompress mine.
                        Using 7-ZIP?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by fasteddie View Post
                          Should the file be uploaded to gedmatch as a zip file? Which is better to use, 36 or 37?
                          either or

                          Gedmatch uses Build 36, but will convert build 37 if uploaded.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Ann Turner View Post
                            Using 7-ZIP?
                            WinRAR works, I just have trial verison...

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Ann Turner View Post
                              Using 7-ZIP?
                              Yes, with the 64bit version 15.14 (2015-12-31)

                              Comment


                              • Sometime this evening a new message appeared on the GEDmatch main page for accounts.

                                "Note that existing 'F' (FTDNA) kit numbers on GEDmatch will be changed to 'T' followed by a random kit number. This change does not affect Ancestry or 23andMe kit numbers. If you need to make copies of your results with the old kit numbers, please do so now. Name and email information for matches will stay the same, and can be used to retain continuity in your records.

                                "We are once again accepting FTDNA file uploads - new format files only."

                                So, whatever was necessary for FTDNA to do to convert their raw data files has been done and uploads to GEDmatch of FTDNA results have resumed.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X