Family Finder Delays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Finder Delays

Family Tree DNA has worked hard to ensure that the standards for Family Finder results delivery are within 3-4 weeks. An unforeseen complication with one of our suppliers has taken them longer to resolve than we would have hoped. We expect to be back to normal operations and have all outstanding Family Finder results delivered within the next 10 business days.

Originally posted by JeremyB View Post
    Family Tree DNA has worked hard to ensure that the standards for Family Finder results delivery are within 3-4 weeks.
    Not hard enough, it seems.

An unforeseen complication with one of our suppliers has taken them longer to resolve than we would have hoped.
    Why don't you appoint the "D" in FTDNA to "Delay"?
    If I would be responsible for the management of this company I would have either more than just one supplier or have a stockpile of whatever is needed to keep the business running.
    Last edited by M.B.; 6 September 2015, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Family Tree DNA has worked hard to ensure that the standards for Family Finder results delivery are within 3-4 weeks. An unforeseen complication with one of our suppliers has taken them longer to resolve than we would have hoped. We expect to be back to normal operations and have all outstanding Family Finder results delivered within the next 10 business days.
      I appreciate the communications on the delay Any updates on this? I'm waiting on the results of a kit that was submitted almost two moths ago. I wish FTDNA the best on getting their quality control goals in getting results back within 3-4 weeks.

Comment

Delay on ff

I too am hoping my ff will come in this week. Batched 7/8 #633. Got my 67 marker results last Thursday, but as you see, mine has been 10 weeks... The second delay gave me dates 9/16-9/30. I hope! I hope!!

Comment

Still waiting for FF batch 632 here, but people in later batches seem to be getting their results already

Comment

Originally posted by nicolam View Post
            Still waiting for FF batch 632 here, but people in later batches seem to be getting their results already
            Do you think they are picking on us in batch 632? Letting the other kids cut in line first?

Comment

I think they are extremely badly organized! People in batches 635/636 are getting results now, it's as if they are putting them all into one big fridge as they arrive, but instead of rotating them and doing them in the order they arrive they are taking the new ones from the front first. I guess I am getting impatient as I want the results so I can prove a disputed relationship between 2 people. I think we will all be dead before we get the results at this rate.
              Last edited by nicolam; 15 September 2015, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Our kit in 633,635 and 637 have all come through! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by LAK View Post
                  Our kit in 633,635 and 637 have all come through! :-)
                  Good news for you at least . I wish I'd sent the test back a few weeks later now. I posted it back on 3rd July, it was received by FTDNA on 21st July, with a first estimate for results 12th-26th August. I understand the problem with the supplier has caused part of the delay, but I am starting to suspect batch 632 has been lost as I've not heard of anyone getting results from this batch so far. If another kit has to be sent out that will add months onto when we get the results. I am wondering whether to order a kit from Ancestry as I know they are much quicker, but it is an elderly person (80s) and I don't think they would be able to do a saliva test

Comment

Originally posted by nicolam View Post
                    Good news for you at least . I wish I'd sent the test back a few weeks later now. I posted it back on 3rd July, it was received by FTDNA on 21st July, with a first estimate for results 12th-26th August. I understand the problem with the supplier has caused part of the delay, but I am starting to suspect batch 632 has been lost as I've not heard of anyone getting results from this batch so far. If another kit has to be sent out that will add months onto when we get the results. I am wondering whether to order a kit from Ancestry as I know they are much quicker, but it is an elderly person (80s) and I don't think they would be able to do a saliva test
                    Well I guess I was wrong - results are in now, though they weren't there an hour ago

Comment

Working...
                    X