Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katydid
    replied
    I agree with you. I was just pointing it out as a (hopefully) temporary alternative to not being able to readily distinguish old matches from new ones.

Originally posted by Tenn4ever View Post
    Yes, that does work. However, that is extremely annoying. Didn't used to have to do that. It's something else that just adds to the time of having to do our genealogy work.

Leave a comment:

• Tenn4ever
    replied
    Yes, that does work. However, that is extremely annoying. Didn't used to have to do that. It's something else that just adds to the time of having to do our genealogy work.

Leave a comment:

• Katydid
    replied
    Try "New Since" as a Temporary Workaround

I posted this in another thread previously. I found that if you choose the "New Since" option from the "Relation" menu and put in a date (such as 7/1/2015), only those matches that are truly new since that date will appear. Try that and see if it works for you.

Originally posted by AECrowell View Post
    I am among the users who use the Match Date to organize results into a database I manage with Excel. Since the match lists began with only one name field, I sort by Match Date when I input our new matches. This is now impossible. My father's kit now has all his (old) matches, numbering more than a thousand, with the same date. PLEASE tell me this will be fixed!

Leave a comment:

• AECrowell
    replied
    All Matches Have New Dates

I am among the users who use the Match Date to organize results into a database I manage with Excel. Since the match lists began with only one name field, I sort by Match Date when I input our new matches. This is now impossible. My father's kit now has all his (old) matches, numbering more than a thousand, with the same date. PLEASE tell me this will be fixed!

Leave a comment:

• ToddH
    replied
    I first received my FF results on 4/20/2012. Now all my matches are dated 7/17/2015. Like others it was important to me to be able to sort my matches by date and now this is not possible. Any chance of bringing back the original match dates?

Leave a comment:

• Haggis
    replied
    Why are old matches showing up as new?

There has been a real onslaught of "new matches" since late last week. That's normally welcome. But it is a real irritation to spend time and effort to investigate a promising brand new match only to realize that it is one that was in my list a year or more ago. Maybe if mine were the only kit I managed it wouldn't matter so much but I've got at least a half dozen kits suffering this nonsense.

Please explain and correct.

Leave a comment:

• Nataliea35
    replied
    Is there a possibility there is still a problem/bug with one sided matching? Because my matches that I did contact before this craziness couldn't find me.
    Here is my timeline.
    1. Transferred from Ancestry 3/31
    2. Paid for the rest 6/26
    3. Got matches on 6/30 but no MyOrigins-had a banner say wait 24 hours. Waited 3 days. Called and they said it was a bug and to wait 3 days. Called again. Nothing. And they said I had another bug with one-sided matching.
    4. 7/10- ALL but my 20 matches disappeared again. Still no MyOrigins. And I have a few different matches than from March.
    5. It is now 7/20 and still nothing.

Natalie

Leave a comment:

• adehoff
    replied
    All matches rerun?

All the matches are now dated July 17 with the exception of a few that were received during the week of July 13 -- I look at my matches by date so having the "old" matches already reviewed become the "new" matches is not at all appreciated.

I appreciate having Family Finder to use as a tool, but it is time for FTDNA to stop the knee-jerk corrections and provide a consistent and accurate product.

Off my soapbox and back to genealogy.

Leave a comment:

• khazaria
    replied
    Now it says FF is being rerun for my own kit whose initial results were posted in Dec 2014.

Leave a comment:

• dna
    replied
    @Darren

Hello Darren,

could you please take a look at the following post khazaria has made?
    http://forums.familytreedna.com/show...874#post414874
    It is about not so subtle changes to the Family Finder results.

W. (Mr.)

Leave a comment:

• mattn
    replied
    I had a FF kit in batch 628 that shows "Results Completed: 7/14/15" it has myOrigins info but when I go to the match list it says "The test is currently on order..." and no matches show yet the names of the matches show in the chromosome browser but many say the segment data is not available. Is this issue related to what you mention and will it correct itself by Tuesday?

Leave a comment:

• Darren
    started a topic Update on Family Finder

Update on Family Finder

Hello all,

I just wanted to give an update on a Family Finder issue that happened at the end of this week.

Our engineering team has been doing maintenance on the Family Finder database for several weeks. In the most recent session, a small number of kits had results temporarily un-posted. This was not something they anticipated having happen for any length of time as it did not happen previously. They are looking into the causes of the issue. Results should be return automatically over the next 24 hours or so.

If your results have not returned by Tuesday afternoon, please let us know so we can check on them.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your patience.

-Darren
    Family Tree DNA
Working...
X