No announcement yet.

Waiting On processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When a test is ordered is irrelevant. You can start your countdown not until at least when the test is batched (and sometimes that's not even the case).

Here's the time frame as listed on the FAQ page

As of May 26, 2015, our testing is running per normal turn around, except the following delays:

mtDNA – 9 to 11 weeks

Y-DNA -10 to 13 weeks

Family Finder – 5 to 6

So, if a test was batched on March 5th then you are looking at June 4th and that's if your test sample did not run into any problems where it is necessary to run it through again which could add several weeks onto the testing time.

On my last two Y tests, one took 15 1/2 weeks and the other took 17 1/2 weeks.

Comment

On the FAQ page, turnaround time for YDNA test is as follows
      As of May 26, our testing is running per normal turn around, except the following delays:
      mtDNA – 9 to 11 weeks

Y-DNA -10 to 13 weeks

Family Finder – 5 to 6

I just got my batch number and it tells the following

AWAITING TESTS
      Tests Lab Procedure Batch Expected Notes
      Y-DNA37 Y-DNA1-12 Markers 625 07/01/2015 - 07/15/2015
      Y-DNA37 Y-DNA13-25 Markers 625 07/15/2015 - 07/29/2015
      Y-DNA37 Y-DNA26-37 Markers 625 07/15/2015 - 07/29/2015
      This is only around 6-8 weeks.

Which dates should I trust more to avoid disappointment?

Comment

Originally posted by M E M View Post
        Batch 607 (YDNA 37 to 111) - Batched 01/28/2015 pushed out again - (6/17-7/1).
        Y-DNA37 to 111 (Batch 607)
        Ordered 01/24/2015
        Batched 01/28/2015
        Completed 06/05/2015

mtDNA Plus (Batch 607)
        Ordered 01/24/2015
        Batched 01/28/2015
        Completed 03/02/2015

Comment

Originally posted by M E M View Post
          Y-DNA37 to 111 (Batch 607)
          Ordered 01/24/2015
          Batched 01/28/2015
          Completed 06/05/2015

mtDNA Plus (Batch 607)
          Ordered 01/24/2015
          Batched 01/28/2015
          Completed 03/02/2015
          Can you access the results and see the matches? I know that you might not have any with 67 or 111 markers, but what about mtDNA ?

W. (Mr.)

Comment

Originally posted by dna View Post
            Can you access the results and see the matches? I know that you might not have any with 67 or 111 markers, but what about mtDNA ?
            W. (Mr.)
            YES to both mtDNA and Y-DNA.

Comment

Incredible Poor Service

I ordered the free autosomal transfer in February. In March I went ahead and paid for the expanded list of matches, even though I had not received the original order.

It is now mid-July and no sign of either of those orders being done. I certainly would not order anything else from FamilytreeDNA. Since I am already 61 years old, I fear I might not live to see the order completed.

Comment

Did you upload your raw data? Where was the original testing done?

Comment

MAKE SURE YOU UPLOAD THE CORRECT RAW DATA

Originally posted by mikechilds54 View Post
                  I ordered the free autosomal transfer in February. In March I went ahead and paid for the expanded list of matches, even though I had not received the original order.

It is now mid-July and no sign of either of those orders being done. I certainly would not order anything else from FamilytreeDNA. Since I am already 61 years old, I fear I might not live to see the order completed.
                  Mike , that is really abnormal. Autosomal transfers would never usually take that long. A week or so is more usual. There is a limit on the chip version of Raw Data from 23&Me that can be transferred over to FTDNA. There are 3 versions and you need to check to see which is the one that you transferred. The Illumina OmniExpress Chip V3
                  (Version 3 only) is acceptable for upload. Version 2 and Version 4 from 23&Me WILL NOT TRANSFER OVER because those chips use a different data set to FTDNA version !

You can go to the learning centre and check out the various FAQ's here:
                  https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/sitemap/

https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/imports/transfer-autosomal-ancestry/download-autosomal-dna-results-23andme/

Alexandrina

Comment

Originally posted by mikechilds54 View Post

Hello,

Can you please send me a private message with your transfer kit number and your contact email address. I would like to look into this and see what may be going on.

Darren
                    Family Tree DNA

Comment

I did the same thing and my results were posted within 2 or 3 days. I hope you get your results since Darren is looking in to it.

Comment

Autosomal Transfer

I assisted an individual get her raw data transferred from Ancestry.com last week and it was challenging, to say the least. The instructions are not as clear as they should be for someone who is not familiar with the FTDNA website. I had to call customer service to ensure I understood the process so I could assist this individual. However, when all the steps were done correctly, all of the unlocked results were available in less than 24 hours.

Connie

Comment

Working...
                        X