Group Project Coupons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Project Coupons

I have had some questions regarding the group project daily coupons. The last day will be April 16 and the coupons will not be valid after that day.

-Darren
    Family Tree DNA

Originally posted by Darren View Post
    I have had some questions regarding the group project daily coupons. The last day will be April 16 and the coupons will not be valid after that day.
    Thank you, Darren. Since the coupons will be soon useless, can they be deleted from the Activity Feed to clean things up?

Comment

If you log into your GAP account and then go to your myGroups page you will be able to delete message by message. If you click on the little downward arrow in the upper right hand corner of the message it will bring a drop down menu that will allow you to delete each message.

Comment

Getting Rid of Coupon Codes

Can someone please tell me how to get rid of the Coupon Code messages from a projects Activity Feed?

I signed into GAP, selected Activity Feed, fought with the Edit/Delete box to delete all of the old messages. Today I signed into the public site for the project and ALL of the #$&% coupon code messages were still there.

I guess the only way to get rid of them is to disable the Activity Feed.

Comment

It looks like FTDNA have stopped us from deleting the coupon posts. The delete function will not work.
          The delete does appear to work for non coupon posts though.

Comment

I deleted mine and they came right back as soon as I returned to the Activity Feed page.

I tried again and this time while on Activity Feed I logged out. Signed back in and as of yet they have not reappeared. Will have to see if they are back tomorrow.

Clicking on the delete function is a little troublesome at times as it disappears as soon as you move the mouse to choose delete. my workaround for that was to click on the arrow to show Edit and Delete then right click, popup window freezes background long enough to choose delete.

Comment

Code still worked for me!

Actually, these codes still worked for me. I ordered two kits over the weekend using two codes for $20 off.

Comment

Originally posted by CBradshaw View Post
                Actually, these codes still worked for me. I ordered two kits over the weekend using two codes for $20 off.
                The codes were still working until sometime on Saturday, when they were turned off. All codes now say, "This coupon has expired."

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post

-Darren
                  Family Tree DNA
                  It would have been suuuuuper great to get some kind notification that the coupons themselves would be void after April 16. I got the email saying they would no longer be posted, however I wasn't aware they would all become invalid. So much for that Big-Y coupon we were going to use...

Comment

I got some of these deleted and then the button stopped working..
                    Was all of this instituted to get Group Admins to drop everything and leave? Wondering...

Comment

Originally posted by Kathleen Carrow View Post
                      I got some of these deleted and then the button stopped working..
                      Was all of this instituted to get Group Admins to drop everything and leave? Wondering...
                      Come back another day and retry... At times it seemed like one of those skill games at a fair you know how to win, but the win always escapes you

W. (Mr.)

Comment

Originally posted by Bohunk View Post
                        It would have been suuuuuper great to get some kind notification that the coupons themselves would be void after April 16. I got the email saying they would no longer be posted, however I wasn't aware they would all become invalid. So much for that Big-Y coupon we were going to use...
                        I think they wanted the coupons to expire before the backlog was cleared out.

Comment

Problem Solved

I found the solution. I turned off the Activity Feed and now the coupons no longer are shown. Of course they wouldn't show when the Activity Feed doesn't show.

Comment

If you turn off the Activity Feed you don't see My Groups..
                            but when you go out and look elsewhere the Group Coupons still show.. very weird.

Comment

I spend 10 seconds trying to capture that dropdown menu so I can get the delete option. VERY frustrating that the basic UI does not seem to have an appropriate delay or hotspot to allow for normal cursor movement or selection. FTDNA IT needs to scrub the expired coupons from all of the groups.

Comment

Working...
                              X