MyGroups conversion is delayed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MyGroups conversion is delayed

So, I sent a bulk email out reminding members to look out for the new format on Friday but the message was denied by FTDNA with the following explanation:

"Your bulk email request has been denied for the following reasons: The update will not happen at the planned date. It will take some additional weeks. Please submit a new bulk email request with the necessary modifications to begin the process again"

It would be nice if FTDNA could let all of us administrators know of such issues beforehand. Has anyone else been notified of this delay to the MyGroups conversion yet? Yet again another fail and nail in the coffin for this company!
    Last edited by paulanthony1976; 14 April 2015, 07:13 PM.

FTDNA sent out a GAP newsletter on April 9th that included the following:

Important myGroups update
    Part of the growth has come from the myGroups initiative. Administrators and members alike have become more active and engaged, whether converted to the new format or not.

You’ve given us great feedback and because some of it involves some changes or additions that will take a bit of time, we will not be automatically converting all groups on April 16th as previously planned. We want to make sure that the process goes as smoothly as possible, so we’d rather delay a short while to be sure these items are properly addressed.

We don’t currently have an estimate of when we will make the transition, but we commit to giving you at least a week’s notice before we switch all projects.

Coupons will stop posting as of April 16th as planned.

Gerald

Comment

The delay was announced in the last GAP newsletter. Perhaps you did not get it for some reason.

Comment

Thank you for the clarification. I did not receive that newsletter, so perhaps it went into the spam folder...
        Though glad to hear that they're stopping coupon posts, they wouldnt be so bad if they self-deleted on expiry, but as they dont they just clutter up the activity feed

Comment

I, Myself wish they would just postpone it forever as it will cause nothing but problems with my surname group. Each subgroup not related to the other and they will think every post as being directly related to them. Oh the nightmare I see coming!!! They should let us GAP admins decide to move forward or not. We had not yet and that should have given them clues!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tlgarrison View Post
            I, Myself wish they would just postpone it forever as it will cause nothing but problems with my surname group. Each subgroup not related to the other and they will think every post as being directly related to them. Oh the nightmare I see coming!!! They should let us GAP admins decide to move forward or not. We had not yet and that should have given them clues!!!
            I agree. In projects with unrelated subgroups it will be a disaster. Each subgroup is actually a mini-project. Once a person has tested and been assigned to a subgroup there is no need for them to see news of the other subgroups. Many of the members are easily confused. I foresee many late night sessions for group admins, trying to straighten out the messes, followed by perhaps a mass exodus of project admins.

Comment

Working...
            X