Replace missing release form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
    That is not what was being sent with the collection kit last year.

The PDF seems to correspond to the version from some years ago.

W. (Mr.)

Comment

Originally posted by dna View Post
      That is not what was being sent with the collection kit last year. The PDF seems to correspond to the version from some years ago. W. (Mr.)
      Since it is the form currently on their website I'm sure they will accept it and I thought that is what this topic was about.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
        Since it is the form currently on their website I'm sure they will accept it and I thought that is what this topic was about.
        Yes, I agree that sending a signed printout of the PDF is probably enough.

W. (Mr.)

Comment

The signed printout would be accepted.

-Darren

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
            The signed printout would be accepted.

-Darren
            Could you clarify the difference between the downloaded release form and the (apparently) new printed release form that accompanies new sample kits? Does consent to the download version imply consent to the printed version?

Also, I didn't pay all that much attention to the consent process for a transfer to Family Finder. I have transferred files for other people, where I do have their consent to see their results at 23andMe or AncestryDNA. Could you refresh my memory on what transpired?

Comment

Originally posted by Ann Turner View Post
              Could you clarify the difference between the downloaded release form and the (apparently) new printed release form that accompanies new sample kits? Does consent to the download version imply consent to the printed version? [----]
              I think that the PDF would be updated to the current (2015, yes 2015!...) version shortly.

And when I carefully read the terms of service (twice over past six years), they did include some legalese about changes to the terms of service. Otherwise, on each change, we would need to agree to a new ToS policy.

W. (Mr.)

P.S.
              I like that there is a release form, and not just a one-liner I agree to www.acompany.com/tos. It helps me in explaining to the new participants what they are agreeing to.

Comment

I don't have a copy on hand at the moment. I will see if I can get one in the morning. I don't know if anyone else happens to have a scanned copy of the newer release form they can share.

-Darren

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                  I don't have a copy on hand at the moment. I will see if I can get one in the morning. I don't know if anyone else happens to have a scanned copy of the newer release form they can share.

-Darren
                  I have passed a copy to Darren - W. (Mr.)

Comment

Ann Turner,

I am going to send your more information by email, I need to research the transfers a little more. Will try and get a reply in the next 24 to 48 hours.

-Darren

Comment

Working...
                    X