• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Solothurn
    FTDNA Customer
    • Sep 2012

Free Three Day Access to Ancestry.co.uk

If anybody needs access to UK records, from today ancestry.co.uk is opening up their site for you to explore with free access to more than 1 billion UK records. It’s three days only, ending 8 February, 2015 at 23:59 GMT.
    Usually with their free periods access requires free registration!
  • RabGib
    FTDNA Customer
    • Feb 2015

Visiting the UK site didn't show this free promotion. Am I missing something? Are we to register first?
    Thanks,
    R

Comment

• RabGib
      FTDNA Customer
      • Feb 2015

A general Google search produced the offer:

Often I see Ancestry 14 day free trials. I wonder how this one is different or better? Because it is specifically UK?

R

Comment

• Solothurn
        FTDNA Customer
        • Sep 2012

I am sorry for my misleading opener I have a free account as I used to subscribe a few years ago. I accessed the censuses today without a subscription. So the offer is only open to people who already have an account (without a subscription though)

Originally posted by RabGib View Post
        Visiting the UK site didn't show this free promotion. Am I missing something? Are we to register first?
        Thanks,
        R

Comment

• Solothurn
          FTDNA Customer
          • Sep 2012

I think if you have had the free trial in the past you do have an account!

Comment

• MikeP
            FTDNA Customer
            • Jan 2015

I got an ad directly from Ancestry. I've never had a UK account. I'm hoping to spend some time this weekend, before the window closes.

Comment

• RabGib
              FTDNA Customer
              • Feb 2015

It's an odd thing.
              I can use the link above to go to the 3 day free promotion. I can bring up an ancestor, there I see small previews of many documents and I can view MOST of the ones that have a "view free access" button that I click. But then I can bring up the name for a different ancestor and none of the buttons -whether they say "view free access" or not - will let me actually see the document, instead in all cases I'm forwarded to a "Free 14 day trial" page.

Now I have had a free 14 day trial in years past, and maybe this has something to do with my difficulties, but the spotty and frustrating nature of this "free access" trial makes it pretty much unusable.

R

Comment

Working...
              X