Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarmat
    replied
    Also, I just got my first ever notification of a Y match, but there's no new match on my list.

Leave a comment:

• Sarmat
    replied
    Originally posted by michellef View Post
    Marilyn, Thanks so much for the information! This is a known issue that is getting serious attention from our engineering team. I hope to see this resolved soon.
    Why does it require the engineering team to take the words "close relative" out of an email template?

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by MarilynL View Post
    Today is the third time I've opened an email with the Subject line "We Found a New Family Finder Relative!"... and then read in the body of the email that I have a "New Close Family Finder match".

When I go to my Family Finder list, I do not find any new Close Family members listed. I've never had one yet, and still do not have one listed.

What's going on? Am I misunderstanding the email?

Best, Marilyn
    When I get an email like that I go to my matches pages,put a date in for the previous week and check for new matches in the previous 7 days. It works for me. Even if I don't get an email about a match I do it when I log in.
    Also, the number of matches in my browser goes up every week.

Leave a comment:

• jennytefft
    replied
    YDNA match emails not all correct

I received three emails on Sunday. One said I had one 37 Marker match, another said I had two 25 marker matches and these emails were correct. But then I had one match at 12 which I did not receive an email about. And I had two at 67 which resulted in an email that said I had six matches at 67!! The only thing I can figure is the email with the 67 matches is actually the total of all matches at all levels rather than just the 67 matches.

They have changed the wording to say they have found a relative, rather than a close match.
    Last edited by jennytefft; 10 February 2015, 09:10 AM. Reason: added one line

Leave a comment:

• MarilynL
    replied
    Hi Michelle,

Thanks for letting us all know that you are working on a fix. I'm glad this will help resolve the issue.

Best, Marilyn

Leave a comment:

• michellef
    replied
    Known Issue

Marilyn, Thanks so much for the information! This is a known issue that is getting serious attention from our engineering team. I hope to see this resolved soon.

Leave a comment:

• MarilynL
    replied
    The first time I received an email with the wording, I was so excited... but soon realized there was some mistake, that I did not have a new "close relative".

Not only that, but the new relative was not even on my first or second page of 2nd to 4th cousins (my closest matches by relationship).

Since there is a category for "close relatives", I feel that the terminology in the mailings should only use "close relative" for relatives that fall into the "close relative" category.

Best, Marilyn

Leave a comment:

• dna
    replied
    The same happens when it is your matching party who disables matching on their end... Unfortunately...

W.

P.S. However, Germanica could be right on target. It could be just a wrong choice of words.
    Last edited by dna; 22 January 2015, 09:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Germanica
    replied
    It's nothing to do with the settings - if someone has any of those options set to "No", they won't get emails about it. It specifically says:

"Make the following DNA matches available on my Family Finder matches page and show my profile/contact information to those matches. Also notify me about new matches by email (Immediate, Close and Distant only). "Yes" enables all of the above. "No" disables all of the above."

I have noticed the "close match" terminology in the email too, it's misleading and they should definitely change it. I'm guessing "close" means closer than 2nd cousins because that's the closest estimate matches I have and none of them are under "close relatives". Yet I have gotten the email saying I have a new close relative match. I don't know if it's an error (ie, they're sending out the wrong email), or if they're just not using the term "close" consistently (ie, left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing).

Leave a comment:

• MarilynL
    replied
    That's exactly what my settings look like...

Thanks, DNA,

That's exactly what my settings look like... so I don't think that's the issue. I wish it were!

Best, Marilyn

Leave a comment:

• dna
    replied
    Please verify whether your settings look exactly like in the picture below.

If they are not like that, then change them look like in the picture above, save, logout, wait 10-15 minutes, login back.

The above settings are under the tab Match and E-mail Settings on the page myFTDNA - Account Settings https://my.familytreedna.com/account...spx?subtabid=1

W.

P.S.
    No guarantee, but worth checking...

Leave a comment:

• MarilynL
    started a topic New Close Family Finder match - Not true

New Close Family Finder match - Not true

Today is the third time I've opened an email with the Subject line "We Found a New Family Finder Relative!"... and then read in the body of the email that I have a "New Close Family Finder match".

When I go to my Family Finder list, I do not find any new Close Family members listed. I've never had one yet, and still do not have one listed.

What's going on? Am I misunderstanding the email?

Best, Marilyn
Working...
X