SNP-Packs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SNP-Packs

Where can we find information about the SNP-pack candidates? Which SNP-packs are currently being offered. Which SNPs are included in each pack?

Still no word on the SNP panel tests or SNP-packs as they are calling them now. The only person that would have any idea and has posted any information, as far as I know, is MMaddi. He responded to a post by Doug McDonald. I forget Doug's username here.

They do need to hurry up and release something.

Comment

Here's a link - http://forums.familytreedna.com/show...672#post394672 - to my post about SNP-packs, which Armando referred to. However, my post was specifically about the U106 SNP-pack(s).

To my knowledge, the only SNP-pack that's available for purchase so far is the M222 one, which was the beta for the SNP-pack program. As far as I know, SNP-packs for other haplogroup/subclades are still under development. At least I haven't heard that FTDNA has announced availability of SNP-packs other than M222.
      Last edited by MMaddi; 5 November 2014, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Thanks. Adding extra characters as required!

Comment

Out of curiosity, can you still order an M222 SNP pack?

R

Comment

There is now also an R1b-Z253 SNP pack. It showed up as an offer in my father's account (he is currently Z253). After conferring with a project admin, I ordered it on 23 Jan., and it was batched on 29 Jan. in batch #607. I still have not seen an estimated completion date for it.

I think if you are in an M222 project, the project admin(s) could find out if that pack was still being offered. If not, perhaps contacting the help desk would do it.

Comment

I've ordered the Z253 SNP pack on Jan 22nd, it batched Jan 28th (607).
              Still no estimated completion date.

Anybody know what's going on with this?

Comment

Originally posted by JasonJ View Post
                I've ordered the Z253 SNP pack on Jan 22nd, it batched Jan 28th (607).
                Still no estimated completion date.

Anybody know what's going on with this?
                Jason, same here. Still no estimate on completion date, and I haven't seen anything else about it. I checked both the Yahoo! Group for the R1b-L21-Project, and the Z253 project at FTDNA, and no news at either.

It's "waiting game" time!

Comment

Originally posted by MMaddi View Post
                  Here's a link - http://forums.familytreedna.com/show...672#post394672 - to my post about SNP-packs, which Armando referred to. However, my post was specifically about the U106 SNP-pack(s).

To my knowledge, the only SNP-pack that's available for purchase so far is the M222 one, which was the beta for the SNP-pack program. As far as I know, SNP-packs for other haplogroup/subclades are still under development. At least I haven't heard that FTDNA has announced availability of SNP-packs other than M222.
                  Originally posted by KATM View Post
                  There is now also an R1b-Z253 SNP pack. It showed up as an offer in my father's account (he is currently Z253).

There's also a haplogroup G SNP Pack available now.

Comment

Where do you find reference to these available SNP tests (such as M222)? Because I don't see them on the FTDNA product page "All Tests." https://www.familytreedna.com/products.aspx?

R

Comment

I'm not sure, but I think they might only show up on the Upgrade menu if you've been predicted or confirmed as belonging to the applicable haplogroup.

Comment

Originally posted by KATM View Post
                        Jason, same here. Still no estimate on completion date, and I haven't seen anything else about it. I checked both the Yahoo! Group for the R1b-L21-Project, and the Z253 project at FTDNA, and no news at either.

It's "waiting game" time!
                        Houston, we have lift-off!

The Haplotree has updated for me,
                        it's showing untested SNPs downstream of Z253 in orange (Test in Progress).

It's no ETA, but it's something.

Comment

Working...
                        X