Free Autosomal transfer offer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Autosomal transfer offer?

What are the details of the free autosomal transfer offer?
    I have a surname project and would like to add my siblings' results from 23andMe (yes, I have control of their results).
    Do I need to create separate accounts for each of them, then transfer?

Thanks.

If they don't already have an account you make one and do the transfer at the same time at https://www.familytreedna.com/AutosomalTransfer?

You can only use V3 from 23andme.

Comment

All my Y project members show test on order although none have.

Comment

Will their matches see them? That is, I know that someone transferring "for free" will only see their top few matches, initial and last name, and no means of contacting. If such a person matches me, will I see them and have their contact information?

Comment

Originally posted by sjadelson View Post
          Will their matches see them? That is, I know that someone transferring "for free" will only see their top few matches, initial and last name, and no means of contacting. If such a person matches me, will I see them and have their contact information?
          No, you will not be able to see or contact them until/unless they purchase/unlock the full transfer.

Elise

Comment

Is the free transfer a temporary promo or permanent? I'm a little annoyed now that I paid $69 for the transfer!

Comment

Two problems with the new autosomal transfer.

The e-mail saying results are ready has a typo in the link http://www.familiytreedna.com/login.aspx.

The chromosome browser does not load any matches. In fact, the chromosome browser is not loading matches for existing accounts.

Comment

I transferred Ancestry Data

I transferred my father's Y-dna33 for $19. It's been a few weeks, and there has been no response or indication that anyone has seen it. I joined the R1b project, Huguenot and French Heritage projects, but no one has made any comment.

Comment

I just transferred my Mom's 23andme V3 data. Her initial results should be ready in an hour. I'm going to pay to unlock it. My other kits are on V4 so I can't send them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ann Turner View Post
                    Two problems with the new autosomal transfer.

The e-mail saying results are ready has a typo in the link http://www.familiytreedna.com/login.aspx.

The chromosome browser does not load any matches. In fact, the chromosome browser is not loading matches for existing accounts.
                    Ann the link in my email surprisingly placed me right in my Mom's new account when I clicked on it. No login was needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Germanica View Post
                      Is the free transfer a temporary promo or permanent? I'm a little annoyed now that I paid $69 for the transfer!
                      You don't need to feel annoyed. Leave that to us that paid nearly $300 for a Family Finder test a couple of years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Táltos View Post
                        Ann the link in my email surprisingly placed me right in my Mom's new account when I clicked on it. No login was needed.
                        Maybe they fixed the typo (the extra i in familiy).

I can see the chromosome browser using Chrome but not Firefox.

Comment

Originally posted by Ann Turner View Post
                          [----] I can see the chromosome browser using Chrome but not Firefox.
                          I have upgraded to Firefox 31.2 ESR today and no problem for me.

Genealogical research offers its fair share of excitement, so I moved to Firefox ESR and never looked back.

Comment

If this promo isn't permanent than you at least need to prolong it to a week after the very sudden technical problem at Ancestry for downloading autosomal data...

Comment

Originally posted by dna View Post
                              I have upgraded to Firefox 31.2 ESR today and no problem for me.

Genealogical research offers its fair share of excitement, so I moved to Firefox ESR and never looked back.
                              Hmm, I'm on Firefox 33.0, but Windows XP. I checked my laptop, which is Windows 7, and the Chromosome Browser is OK there. Also the Unlock for Free button is not working on my XP and I see no way to pay the $39. On Windows 7 I can see a banner across the top that says 75% complete and a hyperlink to Unlock All Matches.

Comment

Working...
                              X