No announcement yet.

Free Autosomal transfer offer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AngeliaR, what was that supposed to be the url for?

Comment

Since we can't see people who transfer unless they decide to pay to unlock, I can't see myself making any effort to try to get my matches at Ancestry to transfer.

I already have the ability to contact these people obviously. That's no big deal. If I could see the segments of DNA they share just long enough to record the info in my spreadsheet that would be a great motivation for me to try to talk them into trying out FTDNA. You should reward your customers with at least that much information!

Comment

Originally posted by LynCra View Post
        AngeliaR, what was that supposed to be the url for?
        It is her referral link. If someone uses her link to transfer instead of the standard one from FTDNA, she gets one credit toward the four she needs to get her transfer unlocked for free instead of paying $39. She is apparently only one away from completion. I did it for two transfers by posting my link on the 23andMe message boards. It worked better in the beginning when there were few links posted and lots of new folks transferring. Now, it has slowed considerably. Lots of transfers made and few folks left to use the referral links.

Comment

Not when I try it. The link took me to a match list for one of my kits !

Comment

Not when I try it. The link took me to a match list for one of my kits !
            If you are logged in and already have autosomal results, that is the expected behavior. Only one autosomal test or transfer is allowed per account. Log out and try again. You will get the new transfer page.

Comment

I am not a transfer customer.

Comment

I am not a transfer customer.
                It does not matter. If you are not logged in, the system does not know who you are. If you are logged in, it takes you to the results page for whatever autosomal was done on that account. I was just demonstrating that the referral link posted works.

Comment

Does anyone know if there is a time limit on "sneak peeks"? 48 hours, a week, or ??? in which to preview the top 20 matches and decide whether to unlock the rest?
                  Last edited by WCoaster; 30 October 2014, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WCoaster View Post
                    Does anyone know if there is a time limit on "sneak peeks"? 48 hours, a week, or ??? in which to preview the top 20 matches and decide whether to unlock the rest?
                    There's no time limit.

Elise

Comment

If there is no time limit for them to unlock, then after a specified (fairly short) length of time you should either make them visible to existing customers or remove their option to see us.

Comment

Originally posted by MoberlyDrake View Post
                        Since we can't see people who transfer unless they decide to pay to unlock, I can't see myself making any effort to try to get my matches at Ancestry to transfer.

I already have the ability to contact these people obviously. That's no big deal. If I could see the segments of DNA they share just long enough to record the info in my spreadsheet that would be a great motivation for me to try to talk them into trying out FTDNA. You should reward your customers with at least that much information!
                        That's why I don't refer my Ancestry matches to transfer here. If I encourage them to transfer to Gedmatch then I can see the results right away if the advise me of their kit number.

I know this is a money-making business and I respect that but paying customers should be able to see these matches(if there's a match within the first twenty) even if they don't end up paying the $39.

Comment

Autosomal transferred to wrong ftdna account

My dad has an account with FTDNA with his Y DNA which I have his permission and control. I recently took advantage of the free autosomal transfer upload with ancestry.com with my son's test results. I uploaded it under my fathers account and then realized I should have started him his own account with ftdna. I started him am account attempted to upload his autosomal results to his account but was told his autosomal results were already under another account (my dads). Now what do I do to get his results under his name and not my dad's? Thank you for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by dxyblus View Post
                            My dad has an account with FTDNA with his Y DNA which I have his permission and control. I recently took advantage of the free autosomal transfer upload with ancestry.com with my son's test results. I uploaded it under my fathers account and then realized I should have started him his own account with ftdna. I started him am account attempted to upload his autosomal results to his account but was told his autosomal results were already under another account (my dads). Now what do I do to get his results under his name and not my dad's? Thank you for your help.
                            Please contact Customer Support -- they can have the file deleted so you can upload to a new account.

http://www.familytreedna.com/contact.aspx

Elise

Comment

Deleting Free Transfer

How does one go about deleting a free transfer?

Comment

23andMe is only V4

I can't see anywhere on 23andme to download v3 format. There is only one option to download and it is v4..... unless I am missing it.....

Comment

Working...
                                X