Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have they done now??? Family Finder Relationships Completely Changed!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but matches are gone

but some matches are gone! no matter how I sort...

Comment

It sure would be nice if they would let us know what's happening when they decide to change something, and preferably in advance!!!

Comment

I just saw in another thread that we had new matches. I went to check, and I notice that the old default sort order has been restored.

Comment

Hi all,

The default sorting criteria was unintentionally reset as part of an update alleviating issues some customers have been having when trying to access Family Finder matches.

One of our engineers is working on reversing the change as I type this. We apologize for any confusion this caused.

Comment

Thank you, TaylorT!!

It is now sorting by Relationship Range as the default and within each relationship range by longest block. Before, looking at all my downloads for various kits, it was just sorting by longest block regardless of the relationship range. The way it is now is a little different, but it works and is actually better than before as it is now taking shared cM into consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by phje View Post
              It is now sorting by Relationship Range as the default and within each relationship range by longest block. Before, looking at all my downloads for various kits, it was just sorting by longest block regardless of the relationship range. The way it is now is a little different, but it works and is actually better than before as it is now taking shared cM into consideration.
              Well nix that. Longest Block is now the default again.

Comment

Definitely for the kits I managed, the initial sort when I logged in was always Relationship Range. Which was and is what I wanted.

Being able to have more than just a primary sort field would be a plus.

Comment

Anyone else has a problem when sorting differently, either by Relationship, Date, mtDNA haplogroup, etc. and then go back into LONGEST BLOCK, does it sort that too? Mine just "blinks" then stays on the last thing I sorted. In order for me to see by Longest Block, I have to exit then go back in again.

Comment

Originally posted by mamoahina View Post
                    Anyone else has a problem when sorting differently, either by Relationship, Date, mtDNA haplogroup, etc. and then go back into LONGEST BLOCK, does it sort that too? Mine just "blinks" then stays on the last thing I sorted. In order for me to see by Longest Block, I have to exit then go back in again.
                    Yes, I'm having the same problem, as I expect is everyone.

The question is, is anyone at FTDNA aware of it?

My guess is that they either don't know about it (but should, as it's been like it for several days) or they're burying their heads in the sand and hoping it'll go away.

~

On a separate point:

The previous default Sort, post Log-In (before these recent changes took place) was the 'Relationship Range' option rather than the 'Longest Block' one, as it is now.

Comment

I think the Longest Block shows quality of matches, so it is a very good first choice

Comment

Working...
                      X