Labor Day Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Labor Day Sale

FTDNA is having a Labor Day Sale for new Y-DNA kits and Y-DNA upgrades.

I guess they don't really want us to know about it since they didn't announce it here and they didn't send out e-mails to their customers or to their volunteer sales staff (AKA Admins).

I got a "Dear Group Administrators" email and two "Dear Valued Customer" emails announcing the sale.

Two questions about the content of these emails:

(1) The emails say "Big Y is the most comprehensive Y chromosome discovery test on the market." With Full Genomes Corp.'s offerings, what basis is there for FTDNA to make this claim? I notice this was not mentioned in the announcement sent to bloggers (see http://cruwys.blogspot.co.uk/).

(2) "All Y-DNA tests and upgrades have been marked down for significant savings." I see no mention of new Y12 orders, or upgrades from 12 to 25 markers. I would understand if FTDNA didn't want these options "on the menu", but are they still available to project administrators wanting to order them? I have written elsewhere about the importance of being able to order 12-marker tests (or something comparable and priced under $50). And what about individual Y-SNPs? Those are Y-DNA tests too, right? Any sale on those?

Edits: Added question about Y-SNPs, and bolded "All".
    Last edited by Jessant; 28 August 2014, 02:12 PM.

Comment

For me, (1) is a bigger issue than (2). Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for sales like this. I just wish FTDNA would send out accurately worded advertisements.

Comment

Do we know if any of the Big Y orders placed during the Father's Day sale have been completed yet?

It's be nice to know they're at least making some headway on wrapping those up before opening the floodgates with another sale.

Comment

I know a couple people who are still waiting for results who ordered in November and several still waiting from the Father's Day sale.

Comment

I ordered my Big-Y on June 9th and got my results July 8th. I have gotten my BAM file, have had the link sent to YFull and their analysis was completed a few days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by tommypeters View Post
              I ordered my Big-Y on June 9th and got my results July 8th. I have gotten my BAM file, have had the link sent to YFull and their analysis was completed a few days ago.
              Wow! I ordered mine on June 12th, and I'm still waiting.

It's been showing "1-2 weeks" for about 4 weeks now.

I wasn't sure if any of them from that timeframe had been done, as I haven't seen any updates posted in any of the R1a1a projects/fora, which are usually quite active.

Comment

Working...
              X