New Pop Finder/MyOrigins?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Táltos View Post
    LOL! What's imminent? I still don't see it!
    Me neither, I just report what has been said. "Imminent" at FTDNA must not be translated to "now"

edit : here you go http://forums.familytreedna.com/show...&postcount=188
    Last edited by Mihajlo; 5th May 2014, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mihajlo View Post
      Me neither, I just report what has been said. "Imminent" at FTDNA must not be translated to "now"

edit : here you go http://forums.familytreedna.com/show...&postcount=188
      Thanks. Oh well, I was hoping today.

Comment

The reality is that they can't be more precise than regional.

Heck, what does Irish mean? Different regions of Ireland have somewhat different admixture. The same is true of Scotland, England and most other places.

Being unhappy about reality isn't very productive. I'll be happy if they break things down reasonably on a regional basis.

Comment

I think myOrigins just went live.

Comment

I can see my new MyOrigins results now, and I am not an admin, so I guess everyone is seeing theirs now. My new results are a lot more realistic. No more strange 12% ME- most of that was the Trans-Ural Peneplain, which makes much more sense when compared to my traditional genealogy research. Supposedly, my mother's family has Native American heritage , but I did not expect to see much of it in my DNA. I suspect that my mother inherited some of the NA DNA in bits and pieces from both sides of her family, but my Dad's family was most certainly 100% European, and it was not likely that we had any true Middle Eastern heritage on either side. I am pleased with the new version of PF!

Comment

Originally posted by MorrigensCrow View Post
              I can see my new MyOrigins results now, and I am not an admin, so I guess everyone is seeing theirs now. My new results are a lot more realistic. No more strange 12% ME- most of that was the Trans-Ural Peneplain, which makes much more sense when compared to my traditional genealogy research. Supposedly, my mother's family has Native American heritage , but I did not expect to see much of it in my DNA. I suspect that my mother inherited some of the NA DNA in bits and pieces from both sides of her family, but my Dad's family was most certainly 100% European, and it was not likely that we had any true Middle Eastern heritage on either side. I am pleased with the new version of PF!
              My results are in too.I am 98% ECI and 2% North Circumpolar.I opted in.The pins are great for locating matches.
              Last edited by 1798; 6th May 2014, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Before + After

Before & After images attached.

Question! Are the heat maps per cluster the same size/shape for everyone or are they tailored to our individual results? My Northeast Asia chunk is massive, as you can see, and I'm wondering if the darkest area is individualized at all.
                Attached Files

Comment

Is there a list of populations for MyOrigins?

Originally posted by dosbears View Post
                  I think myOrigins just went live.
                  Where may we see a list of the reference populations and the number of reference persons in each of those populations?

Does anyone show a heat map over Spain or Portugal? If so, would you please share it?

I have many people in my project with African ancestry but none show any shading over Guinea-Bissau or Gambia. I'm interested in knowing if any ethnic groups from those areas are included in the reference populations.

Thank you and sincerely, Peter

Peter J. Roberts

Comment

MyOrigins Results

95% ECI
                    3% ME(Anatolia and Caucus
                    1% CSA (Eurasian Heartland)

Guess my 12% on paper German/French is buried in there somewhere. My fathers family is very dark haired, hairy,brown eyed and olive skinned . He was 75% Irish and 25% German/French on paper. But his fathers nickname was "Turk" because of his looks.

Comment

Originally posted by peterebay View Post
                      Where may we see a list of the reference populations and the number of reference persons in each of those populations?

Does anyone show a heat map over Spain or Portugal? If so, would you please share it?

I have many people in my project with African ancestry but none show any shading over Guinea-Bissau or Gambia. I'm interested in knowing if any ethnic groups from those areas are included in the reference populations.

Thank you and sincerely, Peter

Peter J. Roberts
                      In the webinar yesterday, they said the reference populations would be listed in the FAQ for myOrigins but I don't when that will be posted.

Comment

Ethnic Makeup

European 84%
                        -European Coastal Islands 51%
                        -Trans-Ural Peneplain 33%
                        Middle Eastern 9%
                        -Anatolia & Caucasus 8%
                        -North African Coastlands 1%
                        Jewish Diaspora 7%
                        -Jewish Diaspora 7%

_______
                        OLD Pop Finder:
                        Europe (Western European) Orcadian 85.67% +/-2.95%
                        Middle East Palestinian, Adygei, Druze, Iranian, Jewish 14.33% +/-2.95%
                        _______
                        On paper I was (before DNA testing. What I was told by family was Czech is prob Slovak. The Ashkenazi line(s) may be from ancestors of a Pole)

German (31.250%)
                        Czech (25.000%)
                        Polish (25.000%)
                        Irish (18.750%)
                        Last edited by Lincoln; 6th May 2014, 12:38 PM. Reason: Detail

Comment

Originally posted by twiglette View Post
                          Before & After images attached.

Question! Are the heat maps per cluster the same size/shape for everyone or are they tailored to our individual results? My Northeast Asia chunk is massive, as you can see, and I'm wondering if the darkest area is individualized at all.
                          I hope it is individualized, honestly, but I am not sure. I will tell you this- my darkest blue is in Switzerland, and I have TONS of Swiss ancestors, so when I saw this, I assumed that the density of the color related to relevance. Hopefully an expert will chime in on your question soon.

My old PF said I was 87% Orcadian, lol. I have 16% ECI now, and 76% European Coastal Plain, 8% Ural. I have a few ancestors that were Welsh and Irish, but the old Orkney percentage was way over the top. My Dad's ancestors are mostly German and Swiss according to their documented geographical locations, but I have found out that many were also from Hungary(or possibly ethnic Germans living in Hungary at one time, not sure).

Lincoln- your old PF results were very similar to my old results (87+% Orkney/12+% ME), but your new MyOrigins results are quite different from mine. It goes to show that there is a lot more detail to the new program.
                          Last edited by MorrigensCrow; 6th May 2014, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Still doesn't match up with my GEDmatch admixture which has the dna from Family Finder. I have 3% American Indian on every model they have but but not on here with the exact same dna

Comment

Comparison of my 23andMe and MyOrigins results:

"My Origins" - 100% European Coastal Plain.

I'm curious if there's any other predominantly British Isles folks getting a similar result?

At 23andMe I get 52.2% British & Irish, 11.6% French & German, 3.1 % Scandinavian, 29.1% Nonspecific N. Euro, 1% Iberian, 0.1% Nonspecific S. Euro, 0.5% Ashkenazi, 2.2% Nonspecific Euro, and 0.1% West African.

If the % cutoff for FTDNA is %, then I can see why the Iberian, Ashkenazi and West African is not showing up since they are under 1%. But, I'm not sure why FTDNA is not able to divide my Insular vs. Continental European background.

Comment

Originally posted by Barreldriver View Post
                                .... Comparison of my 23andMe and MyOrigins results:

"My Origins" - 100% European Coastal Plain. ... ... ... .
                                Did you "expand all"? I was showing 100% European until I realized there was an "expand" button ....

European 100%

Expanded to :
                                European Coastal Islands 44%
                                European Northlands 29%
                                European Coastal Plain 26%
                                North Circumpolar 1%

I like the 1% penguin.

Comment

Working...
                                X