Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Congratulations on your new position, Rebekah! (announcement from FTDNA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations on your new position, Rebekah! (announcement from FTDNA)

We at Family Tree DNA are both excited and sad to announce that Rebekah Canada has been offered and accepted a position in another area of Gene by Gene.

From Rebekah:
    As many of you know, I have a history of involvement in extended projects that take me away from the community. On Thursday, I was offered the opportunity to be part of another such project. It is the chance to do something amazingly, breathtakingly wonderful. I am taking it.

We as a community in the forums and as project members have come so far, please continue to move forward.

P.S. For my project members, do not worry, I am still your admin for the foreseeable future.

We're excited for the opportunity presented to her, but we're also sad we won't have her knowledge and expertise about genealogy and the community. We are grateful for what she has accomplished in authoring our Learning Center and more recently in representing Family Tree DNA in social media, the Forums, and in so many other tasks.

We're committed to keep the forums and social channels active, useful, and resourceful for our loyal community. While these are big shoes to fill, we plan to identify and place a replacement moderator in the near term. If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, please let us know via www.familytreedna.com/contact.aspx.

Janine Cloud
    Family Tree DNA

Happy for Rebekah.. unsure about the rest..

Comment

Congrats

That is great news. You have been a great help in the forums, but I know we have people around who can answer questions.

Can't wait to hear what you have coming out of your new project.

Comment

Rebekah: Best of luck in your new endeavors. Your many contributions have been appreciated.

Comment

Thank you very much Rebekah

Originally posted by ljc View Post
          From Rebekah:
          [INDENT]As many of you know, I have a history of involvement in extended projects that take me away from the community. On Thursday, I was offered the opportunity to be part of another such project. It is the chance to do something amazingly, breathtakingly wonderful. I am taking it.

We as a community in the forums and as project members have come so far, please continue to move forward.
          I wish you good luck and hope you will enjoy your new project. Thank you very much for supporting us here in the forum and customer support. I think you did a great job and understand very well, that it was not allway easy to be done ;-)

Petra

Comment

Congratulations to Rebekah! Thank you for the work you and others do here.

Comment

It was brief but intense... We'll miss you here.

Good luck in your new project! ;-)

Comment

Who is our new liaison person?

Comment

Originally posted by royfarnol View Post
                  [email protected]

Comment

Congrats on your new opportunities, Rebekah Canada!

You did well here on this forum.

Please come back and visit when you can.

Best regards,

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by royfarnol View Post
                      We're still working on this and appreciate your patience while we find just the right person or persons. Rebekah set the bar high and we'll do our best to get someone to live up to the standards she set.

We do appreciate everyone's patience during the transition!

Comment

Seems like a win win for everyone.

Comment

Rebekah was able to remind all of us how many people are here and how smart the users here are overall. We can definitely help each other while Rebekah's replacement is announced. Let's keep the momentum going as a thank you for what Rebekah has brought us.

Comment

Congratulations

I had just recently discovered how helpful the Forum is and appreciated your work. I trust FTDNA will find someone to carry on the good work you began.

Comment

I do not like to see Rebekah C. leave this board, as she was really good here as a moderator. But OK, life goes on, and I wish her the best of good luck and success in her new vocation.

Comment

Working...
                              X