GEDMATCH - FTDNA PROBLEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GEDMATCH - FTDNA PROBLEM

Following is posted on Gedmatch: could someone at FTDNA provide an explanation:

Autosomal raw DNA
    NOTICE: Apparently, FTDNA has changed the format of their raw DNA data files, and they are no longer compatible with GEDmatch upload software. Please contact FTDNA for more information.

Originally posted by goldschlager View Post
    Following is posted on Gedmatch: could someone at FTDNA provide an explanation:

Autosomal raw DNA
    NOTICE: Apparently, FTDNA has changed the format of their raw DNA data files, and they are no longer compatible with GEDmatch upload software. Please contact FTDNA for more information.
    Hi,

It is simple. We recently updated our matching program to be many times faster. There is a bug in the new process that keeps the file from being resorted by chromosome/position. Sorting by RSID is the Illumina default. Our team needs some time to fix the sort order issue.

Thanks for understanding. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Rebekah Canada View Post
      Hi,

It is simple. We recently updated our matching program to be many times faster. There is a bug in the new process that keeps the file from being resorted by chromosome/position. Sorting by RSID is the Illumina default. Our team needs some time to fix the sort order issue.

Thanks for understanding. :-)
      Until the sorting issue is fixed, if anyone wants to sort based chr/pos as in the old format, they can use New To Old FTDNA Format.

Comment

Originally posted by felix View Post
        Until the sorting issue is fixed, if anyone wants to sort based chr/pos as in the old format, they can use New To Old FTDNA Format.
        Thank you Felix.

Comment

gedmatch -ftdna problem

any idea how long it will take? gedmatch not taking ANY ftdna uploads.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenGenie View Post
            any idea how long it will take? gedmatch not taking ANY ftdna uploads.
            What this means is that there is no FTDNA upload link, so Felix's utility is moot.

This appears to be an honest mistake and amazing it can't be fixed in a week...

Comment

Originally posted by hansonrf View Post
              What this means is that there is no FTDNA upload link, so Felix's utility is moot.

This appears to be an honest mistake and amazing it can't be fixed in a week...
              Hi,

We have the fix in testing. It will be in production by Friday. We unfortunately cannot test the fix to be sure it works, as they are not allowing uploads.

GEDMatch can then take down their message, and if servers hold and the creeks don't rise, all will be well. My fingers are crossed that all works out. :-)

Comment

creeks or Creeks

if servers hold and the creeks don't rise, all will be well. My fingers are crossed that all works out. :-)
                Should that be creeks or Creeks? I was always told that went back to the time when the settlers had to worry about Creek Indians.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
                  Should that be creeks or Creeks? I was always told that went back to the time when the settlers had to worry about Creek Indians.
                  Now Jim, we both know that the Creeks that rise are pronounced the same as Francis Crick's surname. ;-)

Comment

I have uploaded my FTDNA files today without a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by veramiller View Post
                      I have uploaded my FTDNA files today without a problem.
                      Hi,

Family Finder files are back to their normal sort order. So, all X
                      file data is sorted by RSID, and all Autosomal data is sorted by
                      Chromosome/Position.

For the record, no SNPs were harmed in the process or the writing of
                      this message. However, some X-Chromosome SNPs were subjected to extensive interrogation for the X-matching bug fixes we will push live later today.
                      ;-)

Comment

Need Help

Hi,

Family Finder files are back to their normal sort order. So, all X
                        file data is sorted by RSID, and all Autosomal data is sorted by
                        Chromosome/Position.

For the record, no SNPs were harmed in the process or the writing of
                        this message. However, some X-Chromosome SNPs were subjected to extensive interrogation for the X-matching bug fixes we will push live later today.
                        ;-)
                        Hi Rebekah.
                        I'm really confused as to whether I can upload my Geno 2.0 files from FTDNA to Gedmatch. I have transferred my Geno 2.0 to FTDNA, no problem. I have NOT done Family Finder with FTDNA but have done Y-DNA37 and SNP testing with FTDNA. Do I need to do FTDNA's Family Finder before I can upload my files to Gedmatch? Is there any other testing I NEED to do with FTDNA before I can upload to Gedmatch? I do plan on upgrading to Y-DNA67 in the very near future (I should have done it during your sale but...).
                        Thanks,
                        Sean Hopkins
                        FTDNA Kit# 279338

Comment

Originally posted by I'm Hoppy View Post
                          Hi Rebekah.
                          I'm really confused as to whether I can upload my Geno 2.0 files from FTDNA to Gedmatch. I have transferred my Geno 2.0 to FTDNA, no problem. I have NOT done Family Finder with FTDNA but have done Y-DNA37 and SNP testing with FTDNA. Do I need to do FTDNA's Family Finder before I can upload my files to Gedmatch? Is there any other testing I NEED to do with FTDNA before I can upload to Gedmatch? I do plan on upgrading to Y-DNA67 in the very near future (I should have done it during your sale but...).
                          Thanks,
                          Sean Hopkins
                          FTDNA Kit# 279338
                          Hello,

As I understand it, GEDMatch is for Family Finder type results. You will need to Family Finder test before you use it.

Comment

Working...
                          X