Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weekly Information Technology/Engineering Update (10 Dec 2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I will - thank you.

Also, I just checked my son's FF matches. I, and his mother, show-up in his listing. Neither of his parents are identified as FF matches in the new matrix.

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong it the selection process?

PM being sent with kit No.s...

Comment

Matrix question

I am using the Matrix to evaluate apparent overlapping segments. I downloaded all matches from the Chromosome Browser (GREAT new feature!!!) in a .csv file, saved as a spreadsheet file, and sorted by Chromosome and then longest cM.

Then I removed everything under 7 cMs and color-coded by apparent matching segments. I have then used the Matrix to evaluate the matches.

I have a long match (for me) of 31 cMs (who hasn't responded) on FTDNA. I will call him VB. I have two possible cousins who overlap the first half of his string, and with each other. I have another possible cousin who overlaps on the second half of his string.

NONE of these people matrix with each other??? No little blue check marks at all. They all appear to overlap with VB on the chromosome browser but not on the Matrix.

I have another match with no contact information with whom I have four separate fairly long matching strings, on three different chromosomes, ranging from 18, 13, 8 to 6.3. None of hers show on the Matrix with anyone else although some of the strings have people who overlap and matrix with each other.

Help please. What am I not understanding?

Comment

Arrange for the matches list not to default to the first name after selection of lower listed names but to remain on last selected name to obviate the need for rescrolling. I have 387 matches to scroll through and some folk have many more.

Comment

Matrix doesn't work for me

I am administrator for 3 kits studying one surname. We all descend from a common Grandfather & Grandmother. Kit 1- matrix does not show ANY relationships to 4 known cousins that match on FF, & one is a 1st cousin! Kits 2 & 3 -matrix show relationships to 2 of 3 known cousins & FF matches. So this tool does not work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by fullerbb View Post
            I am administrator for 3 kits studying one surname. We all descend from a common Grandfather & Grandmother. Kit 1- matrix does not show ANY relationships to 4 known cousins that match on FF, & one is a 1st cousin! Kits 2 & 3 -matrix show relationships to 2 of 3 known cousins & FF matches. So this tool does not work for me.
            Hi,

Could you send me, [email protected], the kit numbers and relationships for each person? Jon and I will look into it.

Comment

Working...
            X