Family Tree Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genealogy Software

I use GRAMPS. It meets all my needs so far.

Walter

Comment

• What is the best software for a MAC?

I used Family Tree Maker when I had a P.C. but my new computer is a MAC and I can't use Family Tree Maker anymore. Is Reunion the best program for a MAC? I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

Comment

• Software for Mac's

I am using Reunion for Macs. Best product, excellent customer service! Helpful and interesting Discussion Forum, which is read by the folks at LeisterPro who product Reunion software. They listen to user needs and add features accordingly.

Comment

• Family Historian

Please add Family Historian to the list. I have been using it for several years now and wouldn't be without it. The program is very flexible, with lots of customisable features (eg, columns, wording in narrative reports). The program has a useful query function so that you can, for instance, run queries on specific lines (eg, to get a list of all the direct male descendants of a specific person to identify suitable candidates for Y-DNA testing). Further information can be found on the company website:

http://www.family-historian.co.uk

There is also a very active users' group website:

http://www.fhug.org.uk

Comment

• I've used Family Tree Maker for some time, but I recently came across a program called RootsMagic that I believe I like better.

Comment

• I use The Master Genealogist... and love it.

Doris Wheeler

Comment

• I use Generations, but I'm running it under Linux. I have too many names in it to try to move to another.

Comment

• Software for Macs

Originally posted by JNorstedt
                  I am using Reunion for Macs. Best product, excellent customer service! Helpful and interesting Discussion Forum, which is read by the folks at LeisterPro who product Reunion software. They listen to user needs and add features accordingly.
                  I too am using Reunion, and I fully endorse JNorstedt's comments.

Comment

• Family Historian v4

I find Family Historian an excellent program and superb especially when dealing with sources and citations. V4 due out in Februrary. See http://www.family-historian.co.uk/index.htm

Alasdair Macdonald
                    Scotland

Comment

• Does PAWriterII count as PAF?

Comment

• Geni

Originally posted by admin View Post
                        Family Tree DNA is starting this thread to have you vote for the Family Tree Software of your choice. If you use one that is not listed in this poll, please let me know and I'll be happy to add.
                        As a complete newbie to all this, I picked one at random - Geni, and it seems to be very good. I have gotten a lot of my family to join, and we are compiling quite a list. What I like is that Geni is Mac- and PC-friendly - no problems using both platforms.

Does anyone else use Geni here?

Doug
                        R-M269
                        mtHaplogroup U5

HVR1 differences from CRS
                        16256T
                        16270T
                        16399G
                        HVR2 differences from CRS
                        73G
                        263G
                        309.1C
                        315.1C
                        573.1C
                        573.2C

Comment

• Genealogy software

On the Macintosh, I use GEDitCOM. I find it a very impressive piece of software, which manipulates directly and exclusively a GEDCOM file.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gamone View Post
                            On the Macintosh, I use GEDitCOM. I find it a very impressive piece of software, which manipulates directly and exclusively a GEDCOM file.
                            Can it read an ahnentafel and put the data into the correct places in a gedcom file?

Comment

• Ahnentafel concept

The GEDitCOM tool reflects precisely (no more, no less) the information contained in a gedcom file, as defined in the GEDCOM 5.5 Standard. Insofar as the Ahnentafel concept is not (as far as I know) an explicit part of this standard, this approach to ordering personal records doesn't seem to be included as a display option in the GEDitCOM software. I hasten to add, though, that I'm by no means a GEDitCOM wizard, merely an amateur user. So, it would be preferable to investigate questions of this kind with the tool's designer, John Nairn.

Comment

• Family Tree Software

You left out MacFamilyTree.
                                I also use on-line PhpGedView

Comment

Working...
                                X