Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    late to the party

I just submitted a sample (for Y-DNA 37) this week and got registered for the forums last night.

My primary genealogy software is ancestry.com (USA only). I've been a subscriber since 2006. In my opinion, it's getting better as time passes.

A friend gave me Family Tree Maker 2010 about a year ago, but I've only looked at it a couple of times. A cousin may give me a free copy of FTM 2012 in the near future, and it is supposed to work very well with ancestry.com.

Farther back in time I used PAF and still have it installed and actually used it to create the simple paternal line gedcom file I just uploaded to FTDNA a couple of days ago.

I think that I will try some of the other suggested programs. I tried free Legacy several years ago, but my PC then didn't have enough power to run it satisfactorily.

Ed

Leave a comment:

• Earl Davis
    replied
    I used Generations for over a decade and loved it. A couple of years ago I made the switch to Family Historian for the advanced features it offers while still providing a user interface layout quite similar to Generations.

Earl.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Family Tree Maker is my choice

I have used Family Tree Maker since I started my family tree in 1986. I started out with I believe it was 2.5 and now have FTM 2012. A long time ago I started with it and though I tried one other one for a short while too I didn't like it as well so stuck with my FTM.

Leave a comment:

• itschac
    replied
    Dê o seu voto - o que o Software Family Tree você usa?

EU USO MyHeritage Family Tree Builder

Leave a comment:

• Lklundin
    replied
    Gramps

I use Gramps, see
    http://gramps-project.org/

-Lars.

Leave a comment:

• itschac
    replied
    Uso Family Tree Builder.

Leave a comment:

• itschac
    replied
    Family Tree Builder

Originally posted by 192971 View Post
    i use family tree builder by myheritage.com. It was free until my family tree grew to have more than 200 people. I have found many additions to my tree from other users there and others have used my findings, too.

http://www.myheritage.com/family-tree-builder
    uso family tree builder
    Last edited by itschac; 9th November 2011, 12:53 PM. Reason: n

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    What are you expecting for a reply???? I selected the software I use.

Leave a comment:

• LynCra
    replied
    I use the deluxe version of Legacy on my PC and synchronise to the ipad "Families" app for easy reference when I am out doing research. I then use Gedcom export and import to get the data into Ancestry and GenesReunited. Disadvantage with this technique for upload to ancestry is that you cannot overwrite a tree so every update means having to resend invites to the others who access the tree.

Leave a comment:

• Mudgeeclarke
    replied
    I use MacFamilyTree by Synium. Very low price, very stable, and the developers are extremely quick to provide free updates for Mac OS updates e.g to Mac OS X Lion.

(Not an Option in the Poll.)

Leave a comment:

• jimbogilly
    replied
    Originally posted by admin View Post
    Family Tree DNA is starting this thread to have you vote for the Family Tree Software of your choice. If you use one that is not listed in this poll, please let me know and I'll be happy to add.
    I use Ultimate Family Tree, although the option to upgrade is negligable as it has been discontinued.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    family roots

Family Tree Maker.Here's what you'll receive with Family Tree Maker software
    Build your tree and search for your ancestors at the same time
    Choose from different tree templates
    Share your tree with family and friends
    New web search feature.
    Updated user friendly interface.
    Great price for loyal Family Origins customers!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Reunion

Back when I had a PC, I used FTM. After I switched systems, I started using Ancestry.com, storing my info online (though with hard copies and hand written notes as back-up). Finally, I decided if FTM went belly up, I might lose some info. Everything migrated over to Reunion, except for images. As I didn't have many, it was easy to add those.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Oops. I see that TMG is actually listed twice on your compiled list of genealogy programs. Wholly Genes (TMG) is the same product as The Master Genealogist.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I switched to TMG (the Master Genealogist) when it first came out; I love it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X