No announcement yet.

Batch 466

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not saying that 23andMe is better for genealogy, but I've had it with the waiting here. I've ordered a test from 23andMe with expedited shipping. If I get my results from them before FTDNA sorts all this out, I'll probably think twice about donating money to FTDNA. At the least I could upload my raw data to gedmatch.

Comment

I don't mind waiting a bit longer, but when they do the mtDNA full sequence for one person in the same batch, you'd think they'd have done all of those people with the same test in that batch number. For one person to get their results back and another person be pushed back to a later date with no explanation, is what gets me. Just tell me WHY?

Comment

I read in the facts and while perusing these forums that there are many many variables. Ones that could make each dna test sample have to be tested and re tested. The more I read ( the FAQ pages) and the more questions I ask the more I learn. They start a batch and give everyone a results day, but from there each DNA test is uniquely it's own and very variable.

I didn't get any explanations each time they pushed back my test dates. But I guess they do tell you if they have to run the tests again and they say they will keep runninhg the tests until they get it right.

I have no idea what goes on in the labs but I watched all of the video clips and have a better idea.

Some of the other batches have also gone longer, I read some of them and this all seems to be very normal, frustrating but normal.
        Last edited by Sunflowerzz; 8th August 2012, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Finally a Response!

Here's the response from corporate. I'm glad they finally responded. My initial test for the HVR1 was with the National Geo. Genome Project in 2009. Anyway, here's what FTDNA said....

"Thank you for e-mailing us today. We appreciate your patience and cooperation while we retest your mtDNA sample, as the first round of tests we performed failed to yield results up to our strict quality control. Your results should be available on 9/4/2012. If we require another sample to test, we will send you a new kit free of charge. We apologize for the delay and and any inconvenience this might cause, and thank you for bearing with us until we get results that meet the high standards that both of our company and our customers expect."

This is all I ask. I can wait.

Comment

Nice response, Thanks for sharing.

Lorraine

Comment

Re-batched?

Originally posted by southjerseygeni View Post
              Here's the response from corporate. I'm glad they finally responded. My initial test for the HVR1 was with the National Geo. Genome Project in 2009. Anyway, here's what FTDNA said....

"Thank you for e-mailing us today. We appreciate your patience and cooperation while we retest your mtDNA sample, as the first round of tests we performed failed to yield results up to our strict quality control. Your results should be available on 9/4/2012. If we require another sample to test, we will send you a new kit free of charge. We apologize for the delay and and any inconvenience this might cause, and thank you for bearing with us until we get results that meet the high standards that both of our company and our customers expect."

This is all I ask. I can wait.
              I'm wondering if they couldn't find my kit to do the test? The original was done with National Geographic. My original batch was 466 now it says "received at lab 7/24/2012. There is no new batch number assigned. Makes me wonder if they were looking for it since the end of May when I ordered the mtDNA full sequence originally?

Comment

Still IMPATIENTLY waiting

3rd due date coming up (9/4), and I had hoped my mtDNA full sequence would be back by now. I kind of wish they would send me another kit, then I guess will have to wait 3 more months for the test. I'm disappointed in how slow this is. Plus IF it comes in on 9/4, I'll be out of the country for a while.

Comment

[QUOTE=southjerseygeni;345413]Here's the response from corporate. I'm glad they finally responded. My initial test for the HVR1 was with the National Geo. Genome Project in 2009. Anyway, here's what FTDNA said....

This (above) was the response I got in July after sending for the test May 30. Now it's been moved back a third time to 9/24. I'm swiftly running out of patience. Send me another kit already if you can't get the results!

Comment

Working...
                  X