Batch 463

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch 463

I have two tests for my father in law in batch 463. A basic Y12 expected 22nd June and a Family Finder expected 4th July.

Earl.

My father in laws FF is back already. Wow that was fast!

Comment

Still waiting for upgrade Y37 -> Y67

Comment

The Y12 came in during the last couple of hours.

Earl.

Comment

Results for Y-DNA-38-47 just came. Waiting for 48-67 yet.

Comment

Any day now?

Impatient. When is this batch going to be completed? I'm waiting on mtDNA.

Karen

Comment

Due 7/4/12

Just found the due date. Seems 8 weeks is longer than I expected. It was batched on 5/9/12.

Comment

Batch 463

Just been notified that samples failed to yield results and some have to be run on B sample. First set of Lower tests came in several weeks ago and determined Halpo Group T1 M70. I am new at this and very upset that the higher tests seemed to have failed. I only have 2 matches that came in at 37 and 67 markers from others but may not be relevant I guess. Hope my Mtdna is going to turn out on my other kit (had to get 2 separate kits) and was going to get FF once the ydna111 came in. Dont know if they will have enough left of ydna to sample paternal line from my brother (father was adopted)

Comment

Hang in there and I know it is frustrating, but my Y-DNA test failed 3 times so it took months for results. I have since ordered other tests with the original samples submitted and they haven't run out yet. Hopefully your results come back sooner than they say.

Regarding your matches at 37 and 67 that is great considering lots of people never get a single match for a very long time. I have never had any exact match over 12 markers on one kit. Depending if your 37 and 67 matches are exact matches to you say 37/37 or 67/67 or anything close then it would be a big clue that you are on the right track. Are your matches exact matches at those levels or nearly exact?
                  Last edited by cjm95; 27th June 2012, 02:52 AM. Reason: info.

Comment

Batch 463

Thanks for the response. At the time the matches came in, the 2 people that matched had different level of tests, one had y37 and the other had a
                    y67. Of the level of returns on my brothers ynda11 test, only 25 markers matched them at 4 Steps. It seems that the highest probable match is a 68% chance and 69% chance of a relative match at 28 generations. I assume that this my not be close enough. This was also in before the Halpo type T1 M70 (they both belong to that as well) was posted for me.
                    I will try to be more patient.

Comment

still wait Batch 463,for a single str test
                      Expected date still 6/25/2012

at the end of July,I sent an e-mail ask about the test,helpdesk repiled"There was a technical communication glitch where the lab did not receive a small batch of orders when they were placed. We discovered this issue and have corrected it; unfortunately, your order was a part of this batch. However, your test is currently running smoothly in the lab, and should have results in about 3-4 weeks. Again, I sincerely apologize for the delay and inconvenience. We appreciate your patience."

but at the same batch I ordered total two strs and one snp test,snp took 2 weeks,one str took over 5 weeks,the other str is missing?

after more than 5 weeks since helpdesk told me test is running,at the end of August I asked again,replied"I have checked with the lab director regarding the individual marker order.The lab had to move on to the final vial of DNA we had due to quality control failures. They have informed me that this order has a very high priority in the lab, and are hoping to have results posted by the end of next week."

Hope things are going well.
                      Last edited by owen; 11th September 2012, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X