Batch 456 is underway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch 456 is underway

I notice that batch 456 is underway. I have a SNP test, which is due back around 20 May.

I have a few advanced str tests in this batch.

DYS441 DYS441 456 5/7/2012
    DYS445 DYS445 456 5/7/2012
    DYS464X DYS464X 456 5/7/2012
    DYS452 DYS452 456 5/7/2012
    Y-GATA-A10 Y-GATA-A10 456 5/7/2012
    Y-GGAAT-1B07 Y-GGAAT-1B07 456 5/7/2012
    DYS463 DYS463 456 5/7/2012
    DYS461 DYS461 456 5/7/2012
    DYS635 DYS635 456 5/7/2012

I have a couple 100% matches using the smgf search tool. These advanced str tests are to see if these matches persist.

Comment

I've two FF due 5 - 16

Comment

Code:
        L58  456  5/7/2012
        ISOGG added a new subclade of N1c1d for L58.

Comment

batch 456... already underway

Yes... often times FT DNA will schedule 5 or 6 weeks to conduct a test. The last time I had an advanced test ordered (to find out a particular DYS value)... the results came back in only 2 weeks.

It is nice to see that batch 456 is already underway... and I hope that it means they are going to report results quickly again.
          Last edited by Lugan Gene; 25th March 2012, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I would expect the lab to have our tests back earlier than the projected dates. I made a mistake, when I first started this 456 thread. My old eyes don't focus right sometimes. Mine is actually due back by 7 May, (not 20 May).

Comment

My Y-DNA-1-12 is ready today! Waiting for 13-37.

Comment

Has anyone received their results from this batch yet? I have an mtDNA test in this batch, but no sign that it's close to being done. Due date of May 7

Comment

Originally posted by mpsarabia View Post
                  Has anyone received their results from this batch yet? I have an mtDNA test in this batch, but no sign that it's close to being done. Due date of May 7
                  I have a supposedly simple SNP test (Z85) in this batch; due back May 7th. No sign yet.

Comment

Here we are, at the end of the work week, and my and others' tests are due by Monday, May 7th. I wonder when we are going to see something?

Comment

PDHOTLEN-- it's 5/7, the expected date for my mtDNA test results from this batch to be done. Have your results come in yet?

Comment

Not yet; I just checked. But I recall once they entered results after hours. I also recall, way back a few years ago, that mine went over that due date. It seems they had to run something a second time.

Comment

I see. I just checked and there is now a 'note' attached to the mtDNA test on my progress page. Apparently they have to run the test a second time because the first run "failed to yield results." Is this rare, or does it happen often enough? Did the second run yield results for you, or did they ask you to submit another sample?

Thanks for responding to me, by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by mpsarabia View Post
                            I see. I just checked and there is now a 'note' attached to the mtDNA test on my progress page. Apparently they have to run the test a second time because the first run "failed to yield results." Is this rare, or does it happen often enough? Did the second run yield results for you, or did they ask you to submit another sample?

Thanks for responding to me, by the way.
                            We are going through the same thing with my elderly father's mt DNA test. It is disappointing to wait this long and then to be told the test has to be run again. They are using the same samples he gave for the FamilyFinder test. Results from that test came back long before they were due.

Comment

Originally posted by mixedkid View Post
                              We are going through the same thing with my elderly father's mt DNA test. It is disappointing to wait this long and then to be told the test has to be run again. They are using the same samples he gave for the FamilyFinder test. Results from that test came back long before they were due.
                              Here it is, May 10th already, and I still haven't gotten my SNP test back, which had a due date of 7 May. And there has been no message explaining why. That test is mainly for research, and not for genealogical purposes, though. I should be awarded a commendation ribbon for my donation to science. On the other hand, I'm waiting for my Family Finder test, due sometime in June. And that is obviously much more important to me for genealogical purposes.

Comment

Working...
                              X