23andMe transfer batches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 23andMe transfer batches?

Does any one know how long it takes to process and post the 23and Me transfers?

Originally posted by ahernandez View Post
    Does any one know how long it takes to process and post the 23and Me transfers?
    Nobody outside FTDNA yet. They just started offering autosomal transfers yesterday, so all we have to go by is the FAQ, which states two weeks. Hopefully, that's a conservative estimate.

Comment

Batch 2

My data was successfully loaded.
      I have not yet received an email, but it shows a due date (GAP) of 8/23/2000.
      There will probably be an update on this in the next few days.

Trying to decide if and how many others I want to transfer over.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeliaR View Post
        My data was successfully loaded.
        Trying to decide if and how many others I want to transfer over.
        You need to decide soon. I read on another forum that the $50 introductory price for this transfer (v3 chip data, from 23andMe to Family Finder) ends Feb. 10th.

Not to be an alarmist. I just assume the price will then rise.

Comment

Well, as of an upload earlier today, they are still adding to "Batch 2". How many uploads will be in a batch? Will they be waiting for "Batch 2" to be filled before doing the conversions or is the "Batch 2" along with the 8/23/2000 (null value) expected date also meaningless?

They went live with the upload offer 9 days ago (1/31/12), but had the bug with the pure V3 vs the V3s uploaded from V2.

Looks like uploads done on 1/31 were already "Batch 2", so was there even a "Batch 1" for those sold to customers or fair to assume that batch was used for their BETA testing before they went live selling to the public?

How long does it take just to do the computer processing given no actual testing involved?

Comment

Well, it's been a week or so. Have the transfers begun showing up?

Comment

i uploaded on feb 8, which is 10 days ago. there was a note in news waiting that said they apologize for delay, that they had alot of ff orders in the last 2 weeks, and after they batched the 2nd of those, then they would deal with the uploads. they then said it would be sometime next week.

Comment

Working...
              X