Batch 433

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch 433

I have a Deep clade test in this batch...as I am R1b1a2 right now and am looking for a better idea of my deeper origins.

My closest y-DNA cousin's FamilyFinder test placed in Batch 433 due 11/21/2011

Originally posted by JD Edwards View Post
    I have a Deep clade test in this batch...as I am R1b1a2 right now and am looking for a better idea of my deeper origins.

Comment

Getting some more Y-SNPs tested:
      Code:
      L708 	11/21/2011 	433
      L709 	11/21/2011 	433
      L710 	11/21/2011 	433
      L711 	11/21/2011 	433
      They haven't received the sample for my mom's FF yet.

Comment

batch 433 question

If I add to batch 433 an upgrade tonight thursday, will i have to wait till next wednesday for it to go in????

Comment

Originally posted by wilson View Post
          If I add to batch 433 an upgrade tonight thursday, will i have to wait till next wednesday for it to go in????
          You can't add to a batch that's already been created. Anything that you order between now and next Wednesday will go into next week's batch.

Elise

Comment

This is the second group of individual SNPs I've had tested, and they came back even faster than last time. They were due the 21st of next month, but the results posted to my account today--more than five weeks early!
            L708+ L709- L710- L711-

Comment

Originally posted by nathanm View Post
              This is the second group of individual SNPs I've had tested, and they came back even faster than last time. They were due the 21st of next month, but the results posted to my account today--more than five weeks early!
              Now that's a sweet deal right there! I am still waiting on my deep clade results.... No sign of any progress so far...sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by JD Edwards View Post
                Now that's a sweet deal right there! I am still waiting on my deep clade results.... No sign of any progress so far...sigh.
                That's the benefit of being N1c1; one SNP to confirm the haplogroup, and that's as far as the "official" tree goes. But the draft tree has been fleshed out quite a bit by recent WTYs, so I got a few SNPs for placement in the new sub-clades, which helps further the research being done in the N1c1 project.

The downside is I have no good matches beyond 12 markers.

Comment

what do these SNP results tell you? of the new ones i've only test L550+
                  which only confirms my "Varangian"/"Scandinavian II" subclade status...

Comment

Originally posted by dwight View Post
                    what do these SNP results tell you? of the new ones i've only test L550+
                    which only confirms my "Varangian"/"Scandinavian II" subclade status...
                    If you look at Thomas Krahn's draft Y tree for N, L550 defines ISOGG's N1c1d sub-clade. Underneath that, there are three sub-branches defined by different SNPs. The Y-haplogroup N1 Phylogenic Tree shows you're predicted to be L149- L551- L591-, but there aren't any predictions yet for the SNPs I just tested for (except L708, which is upstream from L550). There probably aren't enough people who've tested to predict accurately yet, or for ISOGG to assign a new sub-clade. I'm just doing my part for science. Wouldn't it be cool to be the first person to test positive for one but negative for another SNP, thus defining a further branching of the tree? But I tested negative for all the known SNPs downstream from L550, so I'm still just N1c1d*.
                    Last edited by nathanm; 16 October 2011, 09:19 PM. Reason: forgot about L708

Comment

it would be cool for sure - given that you only have matches at 12 markers, maybe reasonable to think you might have a unique subclade as well!

are the L708 results not posted anywhere? i know there are a few mentioned on the DNA-Forum thread. I guess there really aren't that many results available yet.

If you look at Thomas Krahn's draft Y tree for N, L550 defines ISOGG's N1c1d sub-clade. Underneath that, there are three sub-branches defined by different SNPs. The Y-haplogroup N1 Phylogenic Tree shows you're predicted to be L149- L551- L591-, but there aren't any predictions yet for the SNPs I just tested for (except L708, which is upstream from L550). There probably aren't enough people who've tested to predict accurately yet, or for ISOGG to assign a new sub-clade. I'm just doing my part for science. Wouldn't it be cool to be the first person to test positive for one but negative for another SNP, thus defining a further branching of the tree? But I tested negative for all the known SNPs downstream from L550, so I'm still just N1c1d*.

Comment

Originally posted by dwight View Post
                        are the L708 results not posted anywhere? i know there are a few mentioned on the DNA-Forum thread. I guess there really aren't that many results available yet.
                        You can see several people who've tested for L708 on the N1c1 project's SNP result page. Everyone who's L550+ has also tested L708+, but there are a few Finns who are L708+, but L550-. And last I heard there are still two N WTYs left in the queue.

Comment

thanks - that clarifies things nicely.

You can see several people who've tested for L708 on the N1c1 project's SNP result page. Everyone who's L550+ has also tested L708+, but there are a few Finns who are L708+, but L550-. And last I heard there are still two N WTYs left in the queue.

Comment

Batch 433

I'm anxiously awaiting my FMS that is in batch 433, with a due date of 11/30/11. Do these ever come back early? And has anyone from this batch already received results? (I'm new to FTDNA).

Thanks!
                            Amy

Comment

Yes, they do. They can come in early - they can also be late. It'd be interesting to know statistically how that breaks out!

Originally posted by Amyjeanne View Post
                              I'm anxiously awaiting my FMS that is in batch 433, with a due date of 11/30/11. Do these ever come back early? And has anyone from this batch already received results? (I'm new to FTDNA).

Thanks!
                              Amy

Comment

Working...
                              X