Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch Number 432

I have two tests pending in Batch 432.

The batch notification indicates Nov 11, 2011.

Family Finder (at the el cheapo price !)
    SNP Z142

The previous SNP test came back weeks ahead of time. I expect the FF will take longer as I'm sure there were many buyers at the Sale price.

Not much to do but wait ...

I have a Family Finder and mtDNA in batch 432...

Comment

I didn't order anything from the sale, but I'm still looking forward to the results of this batch coming in, as the sales usually give an increase in matches.

Comment

Originally posted by k.o.gran View Post
        I didn't order anything from the sale, but I'm still looking forward to the results of this batch coming in, as the sales usually give an increase in matches.
        I hadn't thought of that ... I think I'll order a second FF test for myself...

Comment

If this is the most recent batch, I was kind of hoping that my sister's FF would be in this batch. She mailed it in on Monday from Arkansas. She may have missed the Wednesday deadline.

Comment

Originally posted by JPHutchins View Post
            If this is the most recent batch, I was kind of hoping that my sister's FF would be in this batch. She mailed it in on Monday from Arkansas. She may have missed the Wednesday deadline.
            You will receive an email notification from FTDNA when the kit has arrived. Then it will be batched the following wednesday.

-Kai

Comment

Originally posted by Mudgeeclarke View Post
              I have two tests pending in Batch 432.

The batch notification indicates Nov 11, 2011.

Family Finder (at the el cheapo price !)
              SNP Z142

The previous SNP test came back weeks ahead of time. I expect the FF will take longer as I'm sure there were many buyers at the Sale price.

Not much to do but wait ...
              My SNP test for Z142 came back today Z142+ which was quite speedy, about the same as for the last SNP test. I guess SNP tests are relatively a quick and easy task.

I guess my FF will take a smidgin longer, though.

Comment

I am still awaiting results for two tests in 429,two tests in 432 and one test in 433....

Comment

Originally posted by JD Edwards View Post
                  I am still awaiting results for two tests in 429,two tests in 432 and one test in 433....
                  I have some recent experience at 'waiting' - 4+ months for Y67 - so I "feel your pain", so to speak. Nothing to do, but wait.

Comment

Batch 432

I don"t know how, but I must have made a mistake, I was excitedly thinking the result Y67 was coming this Friday 10/14/2011 but upon looking yesterday, its 11/14/2011?!!!!!!! But I look on the bright side, the Y25 and Y37,came earlier than was expected. I am a newbie to this DNA forum, nice to know you all out there............... I am truly grateful for the work FT do, and sincerely hope it helps "finally" to knock down my solid brick wall?!!!!!!!! Julie Dello

Comment

Originally posted by dello View Post
                      I don"t know how, but I must have made a mistake, I was excitedly thinking the result Y67 was coming this Friday 10/14/2011 but upon looking yesterday, its 11/14/2011?!!!!!!! But I look on the bright side, the Y25 and Y37,came earlier than was expected. I am a newbie to this DNA forum, nice to know you all out there............... I am truly grateful for the work FT do, and sincerely hope it helps "finally" to knock down my solid brick wall?!!!!!!!! Julie Dello
                      Oops, only a month out ! Are you sure it was 2011. At least you have something to work with - the Y37 may start to give you some clues, and I think if the Y37 has already arrived, you're in great shape for an earlier Y67.

Some of my Y37 matches carried over into Y67; a few did not even extend the GD. I wish for you a Y67 perfect match !

Good luck with your Brick Wall. It hasn't helped with mine, yet, but as more results get onto the database, I hope that will change.

Comment

I thank you for those kind words, and I wish for you the same, to be able to demolish your brick wall?!!! I had six matches with a GD OF -2 @ 25 marker, and three with a GD -3 @ the 37 marker (that were on the 25 markers as well) one I can"t count because apparently he has passed, and no one wants to take over his "kit", I contacted everyone and barring that ONE, everyone answered, but we are talking "light" years away, like in the 1850"s, not sure where to go from here except wait and hope for a miracle............

Comment

Originally posted by dello View Post
                          I thank you for those kind words, and I wish for you the same, to be able to demolish your brick wall?!!! I had six matches with a GD OF -2 @ 25 marker, and three with a GD -3 @ the 37 marker (that were on the 25 markers as well) one I can"t count because apparently he has passed, and no one wants to take over his "kit", I contacted everyone and barring that ONE, everyone answered, but we are talking "light" years away, like in the 1850"s, not sure where to go from here except wait and hope for a miracle............
                          Thank you. My 'brick wall' is in its 32nd year! NPE at G GF level.

As you and many more like you keep submitting swabs for tests, we all stand a better chance for the 'miracle'. It's really a matter of numbers. The folks who keep their results 'hidden' by checking the preferences box don't do anyone a service (including themselves). Remember to put your results into YSearch, too, as this will give you a wider database to draw on. There are others where you can enter manually, including Ancestry dot com. And join as many (relevant) projects as you can.

Keep an open mind. And accept that your actions are all for the greater good - even if no 'miracle' happens for you.

Comment

I received the results of my cousin's Family Finder test today! I purchased his test during the sale and he was in this batch. Super fast!!!

His results confirm that the non-paternity event (just discovered with his y-DNA test a few months ago) in our line occurred before 1873. From our knowledge of the characters and personalities of the ancestors who lived after that date, we were sure it didn't occur after that, but it is nice to have absolute proof.

However, there is no one in his list of matches who has the surname his y-DNA test matched. That doesn't mean much because of the changes in women's surnames. I have to start contacting people.

Unfortunately, his chromosome browser isn't working yet though.

Carol Anne

Comment

I got my Family finder results in today ... so I'll be asking plenty of questions soon... JD

Comment

Working...
                              X