Batch 429

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch 429

I have a test for SNP Z49 (for U152 Project). Due 24 Oct 2011.

me too (L448).

Waiting time is the hardest time

Comment

Originally posted by pascal the kraut View Post
      me too (L448).

Waiting time is the hardest time
      Agree !!

My mother tongue is Australian, but I speak English, too. Not so much Krautish.

Comment

I'm waiting for my very first yDNA 37 test results in this batch.....I'm new to this DNA research with the exception of having had a 3rd cousin take a test to try and fill in some gaps on his side of my family tree ..the long wait for results is the worst thing for me so far.

Comment

Anyone get any results back from this batch yet?

Comment

The SNP result is back today

Originally posted by Mudgeeclarke View Post
            I have a test for SNP Z49 (for U152 Project). Due 24 Oct 2011.
            That was quick. SNP - SNAP. I am Z49+

I feel better already

Comment

Originally posted by Mudgeeclarke View Post
              That was quick. SNP - SNAP. I am Z49+

I feel better already

So what do those results mean? I'm just curious..

Comment

Originally posted by JD Edwards View Post
                So what do those results mean? I'm just curious..
                D'ya know, if I fully understood it all, I'd tell you. I'm in a Group "R-U152 and Subclades Research Project" which seems a well conducted research project with good credentials whose goal is viz: "The main purposes of this advanced research project is the expansion of the U152 and Subclades Phylogeny by the discovery of new SNPs, the study of their point of origins and their probable migration routes."

As my Haplogroup R1b ...... is a common one, I've been told (and have read) that testing individual SNPs in a incremental way slowly but surely 'improves' your overall result and "the deeper you go in the phylogentic Tree the better quality will be your matches"

As I have an NPE at G GF level, I have no particular surname to hang my hat on in a DNA sense, so I am happy to add my data for the common good and at only $29 a SNP test, it's not a burden. Of course, I hope to come out a winner at some stage and find a quality match, but if by helping the researchers follow the yellow brick road just a little more, and someone else gets an "eureka" moment, that's OK too.

I'm sure many other Forum users can give you a proper answer, which will make the matter clearer.

Comment

Working...
                X