Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch 420

Hello!

I am waiting the results of FGS and Deep Clade. The expected date to the results was yesterday, but we don't have results!

Is anybody waiting results too?

FGSV.

I really would like someone reply my Thread about Batch 420.

FGSV

Comment

Originally posted by FGSV View Post

FGSV

Can't help you about Batch 420 submissions or results, but I can tell you I am in Batch 414 for Y-67 (sent in on 15 May) and I am still waiting on panels to Y-67 and Deep Clade. I've learnt not to rely on the promised date.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudgeeclarke View Post
        Can't help you about Batch 420 submissions or results, but I can tell you I am in Batch 414 for Y-67 (sent in on 15 May) and I am still waiting on panels to Y-67 and Deep Clade. I've learnt not to rely on the promised date.
        Didn't you mention that several SNP's have been tested already? The deep clade usually takes some time as it is a step by step process.

Comment

Originally posted by k.o.gran View Post
          Didn't you mention that several SNP's have been tested already? The deep clade usually takes some time as it is a step by step process.
          Yes, my tests were for Y-67 and Deep Clade, and for FGS mtDNA. I got my FGS in about 5-6 weeks and my Y25 panel after about 6-8 weeks I think it was (so far back I can't remember the date !!) Nothing since. Just changes of date on the day 'due'. It'll turn up eventually (he says, hopefully).

Comment

If I were you, I'd write the help desk ([email protected]) and see what they can tell you. It never hurts to ask, and in my experience, they always answer within a few days.

Yes, my tests were for Y-67 and Deep Clade, and for FGS mtDNA. I got my FGS in about 5-6 weeks and my Y25 panel after about 6-8 weeks I think it was (so far back I can't remember the date !!) Nothing since. Just changes of date on the day 'due'. It'll turn up eventually (he says, hopefully).

Comment

FGSV
              I can't say anything about 420. I'm waiting on batches 421 & 423, but did not receive anything yesterday. Glad you did though!

Comment

Well, if SNP's keep popping up on your haplotree, that means the deep clade is in progress. If you click the big arrow that says "YOUR MATCH", you can see which tests are done and which are pending.

Comment

Originally posted by k.o.gran View Post
                  Well, if SNP's keep popping up on your haplotree, that means the deep clade is in progress. If you click the big arrow that says "YOUR MATCH", you can see which tests are done and which are pending.
                  I'm OK with waiting ... but of course I'd like them ASP. I think I'm not alone in that regard .

When L325(-) appeared a couple of days ago under my Haplotree (predicted) I was wondering if that meant it was the deep clade results coming through. Now you have me wondering if that is why they will not give me the Y67 panel results - maybe they keep it all for one release?

I'm a total novice with this DNA science. Under my Haplotree more have just appeared this past hour - I now have L325- L21- L196- L193- L176.2- L165-. Following the lines on the tree to "Your Match", I'm now second guessing what my final Haplogroup will be. At least it keeps me interested !!

I guess there is action, at least, so I am anticipating some more results soon - maybe the whole enchilada.

Comment

7 weeks are gone

Well, I am waiting the results since 6th July! So, 7 weeks are gone!

The reply of Mr. Bennett was: "A few more days. the sample has been run and one of he 8932 fragments failed so we are running it again. I suspect it will be uploaded on Thursday". "Yes after the one fragment is run it takes about a day to score".

Does Anybody know what is this fragment?

FGSV.
                    Last edited by FGSV; 24 August 2011, 06:34 PM. Reason: wrong!!!

Comment

I've got the result of mtDNA FGS

Hello!

Please, look at my results of mtDNA FGS! Kit number: 95858.

I don't have matches! And, now? What do I do?

If someone have my matches and belong to the Haplogroup V, contact me, please!

FGSV.
                      Last edited by FGSV; 26 August 2011, 05:32 PM. Reason: erase the name!

Comment

Hello!

Please, look at my results of mtDNA FGS! Kit number: 95858.

I don't have matches! And, now? What do I do?

If someone have my matches and belong to the Haplogroup V, contact me, please!

FGSV.

Did you send your results to Mitosearch already? Are there matches there for you?

Have you looked at a Project specifically for HG V?

PS: Edit added: http://www.familytreedna.com/public/...v/default.aspx

I also see more with Google ....
                        Last edited by Mudgeeclarke; 26 August 2011, 08:18 PM.

Comment

No matches too!

Did you send your results to Mitosearch already? Are there matches there for you?

Have you looked at a Project specifically for HG V?

PS: Edit added: http://www.familytreedna.com/public/...v/default.aspx

I also see more with Google ....
                          Hello!

I did not send my results to Mitosearch, because I have no matches!

I am in this Project!

How must I put in the google to find matches?

FGSV.

Comment

Hello!

I am in this Project!

FGSV.
                            You might not even have any after you do. My father has 1 HVR1 match in FTDNA's database, none in Mitosearch, and none in SMGF. Seems unless your H, it's easy to be "unique".

Comment

Hello!

I am in this Project!

FGSV.
                              OK, Mitosearch (and Y-Search) is optional, but it's easy to send your data to it from your FTDNA page. The choice is yours. It helped me.

As far as Projects (Y-DNA MtDna etc) are concerned, there are more available than are listed at FTDNA. So I use various Search Engines to see what else is out there. Again, the choice is yours.

And, even if you have no matches 'today', there is no telling when a test from someone else will create a match for you. Keep checking back. I just happen to follow the principle that making my data widely available, and also looking far and wide, gives me the best chance to find more information.

But how you personally go about it comes down to your own personal choice.

BTW, my mtDna U3b has only a few matches (none at FGS), and the main U3b Project admin has not been doing anything to the Project pages for 2 years. But I did get some links there and I did get some emails. I hope you get lucky soon !!

Comment

Working...
                              X