Batch 418

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch 418

Is there anyone else in this batch with a due date of Aug 8 who hasn't received their results yet?

I have not received my 67 marker upgrade yet, and I am a little anxious as the results of my 37 marker were not what I expected and I've been searching for a non-paternity event in the line. Since the results of the upgrade are taking this long, I'm wondering if they are getting totally different results this time (maybe I got someone else's results on the 37?) and they are rerunning the test.

Carol Anne

Originally posted by MoberlyDrake View Post
    Is there anyone else in this batch with a due date of Aug 8 who hasn't received their results yet?

I have not received my 67 marker upgrade yet, and I am a little anxious as the results of my 37 marker were not what I expected and I've been searching for a non-paternity event in the line. Since the results of the upgrade are taking this long, I'm wondering if they are getting totally different results this time (maybe I got someone else's results on the 37?) and they are rerunning the test.

Carol Anne
    I had the same date for the exact same upgrade, and got my results a month early. Have they revised your estimated completion date? The only possibility I can think of is if there wasn't enough DNA in the vial they tested at first, and had to go to the next vial and retest.

Although we're typically impatient, and their normally speedy service gives us expectations they'll finish early, it isn't the 8th yet. If the day comes, and you still see no results, I'd give them a call.

Comment

I have someone with a 37 - 67 upgrade in the same batch and same estimated completion date. One panel came back last week. I'm still waiting for the other two panels. I have another with a completion date of Aug. 10 and none of his panels have been completed.

Susan

Comment

I ordered the 37 marker test on DNA Day, and despite the fact that it was among the kits held at the post office due to the postal rate increase, I got my results 3 or 4 weeks before the estimated date, but with totally different surname matches than I was looking for. So I've been scrambling around searching for evidence of a non-paternity event ever since! The new surname is rather common and there were men bearing that surname in all the counties where my ancestresses would have been living at the time of the birth of a direct male ancestor.

The fact that the results of the 67 marker test are taking so much longer than the first one just made me wonder might be going on now!

Carol Anne

Comment

Originally posted by similligan View Post
          I have someone with a 37 - 67 upgrade in the same batch and same estimated completion date. One panel came back last week. I'm still waiting for the other two panels. I have another with a completion date of Aug. 10 and none of his panels have been completed.
          Could you or someone please elaborate on what a "panel" is? Is it a partial result that project administrators can see before the full result is completed?

Thanks,
          H

Comment

Someone can give you a more detailed explanation about why it's done in panels I'm sure, but in terms of how the results appear, with my first 37 marker test, I received a chart (on my webpage) showing the results for markers 1-12. The following afternoon another chart appeared showing the results for markers 13-25, and a few hours later one for markers 26-37.

Carol Anne

Comment

Panel

Hi

A panel would be a group of markers say 1 to 12, 13 to 25 and 26 to 37 the results come in as panels of markers in other words on a Y-dna 37 marker test you get three panels usually separated by a week or so.

Comment

Originally posted by MoberlyDrake View Post
                I'm in that group, with that (37 to 67) upgrade -- no results yet, and no message about retesting. Technically, 8/8 is still tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks all for the explanations!

Comment

Originally posted by razyn View Post
                    I'm in that group, with that (37 to 67) upgrade -- no results yet, and no message about retesting. Technically, 8/8 is still tomorrow.

Me too, same test and waiting

Comment

Me too - waiting for DF21 result

Comment

Technically, it's yesterday... anyway, today I got the canned message that my sample failed to yield a result (on any of the three panels for that upgrade), and my new target date is Aug. 29th.

Comment

Technically, it's yesterday... anyway, today I got the canned message that my sample failed to yield a result (on any of the three panels for that upgrade), and my new target date is Aug. 29th.
                          Me too, three tests...

"This test failed to yield results for your sample. Your sample is being rerun now. Results from this round of testing are expected by this date."

Comment

I also got the canned message. I am also waiting for a 37-67 from batch 418. I had previously spoken with FTDNA though and they told me that the machine was down for a while, which threw off the timing.

Comment

Originally posted by BenTurin View Post
                              I also got the canned message. I am also waiting for a 37-67 from batch 418. I had previously spoken with FTDNA though and they told me that the machine was down for a while, which threw off the timing.
                              If this is true, it's very unprofessional. If the machine was down so the run was delayed, it's a "late run", not a "re-run". They should have adjusted the due date on everyone's results straight away when they knew that they were going to be late.

Comment

Working...
                              X