X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eroz
    Guest replied
    Deep Clade Extended Again......

New Date of 11/14/11 for the Deep Clade.

Just a suggestion......how about testing the main branches before testing all the end branches.

Leave a comment:

• k.o.gran

• k.o.gran
    replied
    Originally posted by eroz View Post
    Now to 10/24.

Does the Deep Clade normally take this long?
    Deep Clade is a step by step process. I suspect some of your results are already posted under YDNA -> Haplotree. Click the marker that says "YOUR MATCH" to see the progress in detail.

-Kai

Leave a comment:

• eroz
    Guest replied
    Deep Clade Extended Again......

Now to 10/24.

Does the Deep Clade normally take this long?

Leave a comment:

• eroz
    Guest replied
    Deep Clade Extended

Just got the notice that my Deep Clade Test was extended to 10/03.....

Leave a comment:

• efgen
    Webinar Coordinator

• efgen
    replied
    Originally posted by katerennie4 View Post
    Interestingly, while FTDNA could not predict his haplogroup, the rest of his step 1-4 matches are all E1b1b1*. Many are Ashkenazi (these would be his 3-4 step mutation matches). It is a fact I find interesting, since my grandfather's family was Catholic as far back as I can trace. Guess that means a rather recent conversion?
    Haplogroup predictions don't show up immediately -- it should show up within a day or two.

Don't assume that the Ashkenazi matches mean your family had Jewish ancestry, especially at 3-4 step mutations on only 25 markers. Your grandfather could be in a completely different subclade from the Ashkenazi matches, which would mean there's no connection for thousands of years.

Please add your grandfather to the E-M35 (E1b1b1) project -- from there, I can look at his results and give you more specific information.

http://www.familytreedna.com/group-j...=E-M35_Project

Elise

Admin, Jewish E Project
    Co-Admin, E-M35 Project

Leave a comment:

• katerennie4

• katerennie4
    replied
    hmm, well got my grandfather's first 25-marker results! His only 25-marker matches (2 step mutations) both are his last name/variant. His other matches are 3-4 mutations away, listed in haplogroup origins.

Interestingly, while FTDNA could not predict his haplogroup, the rest of his step 1-4 matches are all E1b1b1*. Many are Ashkenazi (these would be his 3-4 step mutation matches). It is a fact I find interesting, since my grandfather's family was Catholic as far back as I can trace. Guess that means a rather recent conversion?

Leave a comment:

• katerennie4

• katerennie4
    replied
    Originally posted by dwight View Post
    Nor would he. (Not sure if your "LOL" means you realize that or not)
    Oh, sorry for the confusion, my remark was b/c my grandfather's maternal line & my father's maternal line are from an area very close to one another, and esp after I got my father's rare results, I started getting a little nervous my grandfather's might come back identical. I had no reason to believe they'd be related, just nervous I'd have to tell my parents b/c I can only imagine their reaction, lol (I know, we're all related back in time, but it's another thing to have the proof staring you in the face).

Leave a comment:

• dwight
    FTDNA Customer

• dwight
    replied
    Nor would he. (Not sure if your "LOL" means you realize that or not)
    Originally posted by katerennie4 View Post
    received first results today! My grandfather's mtdna is haplogroup H, and based on a calculator, likely H2a2. One thing is nice about that, he doesn't match my father's mtdna, lol.

Leave a comment:

• katerennie4

• katerennie4
    replied
    received first results today! My grandfather's mtdna is haplogroup H, and based on a calculator, likely H2a2. One thing is nice about that, he doesn't match my father's mtdna, lol.

Leave a comment:

• BenTurin

• BenTurin
    replied
    Raw Data

The Raw Data download is working and all seems to be fixed.

Leave a comment:

• flyfishrman

• flyfishrman
    replied
    result

yep, no changes. I'm still 100% Ocardian.

Leave a comment:

• tkb

• tkb
    replied
    Population Finder

Is your Population Finder still the same flyfishrman? after being able to download your files?

Leave a comment:

• flyfishrman

• flyfishrman
    replied
    Ff

I'm able to download and see matches..2 and 3rd cousins!! Woo hoo!

Leave a comment:

• Mihajlo
    FTDNA Customer

• Mihajlo
    replied
    I can see the matches too now. Still can't download anything about the file.

Leave a comment:

• tkb

• tkb
    replied
    Matches !!

I have MATCHES Today but still cant download files they must be working on it .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X