Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batch 423

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Filed an error report about 9 hours ago. I wonder what is going on. If they are not responding to email, is there someone else to contact about technical issues?

    Comment


    • #32
      Same problem here ! I was in that batch, got family finder result yesterday but I can't download the autosomal file. I have an error !

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by jsun View Post
        Filed an error report about 9 hours ago. I wonder what is going on. If they are not responding to email, is there someone else to contact about technical issues?
        I am sure they will respond. You can also call, I have always found them to be extremely helpful.

        Comment


        • #34
          Matches !!

          I have MATCHES Today but still cant download files they must be working on it .

          Comment


          • #35
            I can see the matches too now. Still can't download anything about the file.

            Comment


            • #36
              Ff

              I'm able to download and see matches..2 and 3rd cousins!! Woo hoo!

              Comment


              • #37
                Population Finder

                Is your Population Finder still the same flyfishrman? after being able to download your files?

                Comment


                • #38
                  result

                  yep, no changes. I'm still 100% Ocardian.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Raw Data

                    The Raw Data download is working and all seems to be fixed.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      received first results today! My grandfather's mtdna is haplogroup H, and based on a calculator, likely H2a2. One thing is nice about that, he doesn't match my father's mtdna, lol.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Nor would he. (Not sure if your "LOL" means you realize that or not)
                        Originally posted by katerennie4 View Post
                        received first results today! My grandfather's mtdna is haplogroup H, and based on a calculator, likely H2a2. One thing is nice about that, he doesn't match my father's mtdna, lol.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by dwight View Post
                          Nor would he. (Not sure if your "LOL" means you realize that or not)
                          Oh, sorry for the confusion, my remark was b/c my grandfather's maternal line & my father's maternal line are from an area very close to one another, and esp after I got my father's rare results, I started getting a little nervous my grandfather's might come back identical. I had no reason to believe they'd be related, just nervous I'd have to tell my parents b/c I can only imagine their reaction, lol (I know, we're all related back in time, but it's another thing to have the proof staring you in the face).

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            hmm, well got my grandfather's first 25-marker results! His only 25-marker matches (2 step mutations) both are his last name/variant. His other matches are 3-4 mutations away, listed in haplogroup origins.

                            Interestingly, while FTDNA could not predict his haplogroup, the rest of his step 1-4 matches are all E1b1b1*. Many are Ashkenazi (these would be his 3-4 step mutation matches). It is a fact I find interesting, since my grandfather's family was Catholic as far back as I can trace. Guess that means a rather recent conversion?

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by katerennie4 View Post
                              Interestingly, while FTDNA could not predict his haplogroup, the rest of his step 1-4 matches are all E1b1b1*. Many are Ashkenazi (these would be his 3-4 step mutation matches). It is a fact I find interesting, since my grandfather's family was Catholic as far back as I can trace. Guess that means a rather recent conversion?
                              Haplogroup predictions don't show up immediately -- it should show up within a day or two.

                              Don't assume that the Ashkenazi matches mean your family had Jewish ancestry, especially at 3-4 step mutations on only 25 markers. Your grandfather could be in a completely different subclade from the Ashkenazi matches, which would mean there's no connection for thousands of years.

                              Please add your grandfather to the E-M35 (E1b1b1) project -- from there, I can look at his results and give you more specific information.

                              http://www.familytreedna.com/group-j...=E-M35_Project

                              Elise

                              Admin, Jewish E Project
                              Co-Admin, E-M35 Project

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Deep Clade Extended

                                Just got the notice that my Deep Clade Test was extended to 10/03.....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X