Batch 422

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch 422

Anyone receive notification they're in this batch yet? I haven't, and am getting concerned my grandfather's kit may be permanently lost in the mail

Originally posted by katerennie4 View Post
    Anyone receive notification they're in this batch yet? I haven't, and am getting concerned my grandfather's kit may be permanently lost in the mail
    Even though they batch orders on Wednesday, a lot of times it shows up really late in the evening or the next day (I'm only speaking from my own experience). I assume they update the site at night. Check your FTDNA pending labs tab tomorrow and it may have shown up by then, assuming it made that batch. The waiting game is the name of this game. I'm still waiting for results from batch 418. I would think it would be unusual for a sample to be lost in the mail, but not impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by ekc123 View Post
      Even though they batch orders on Wednesday, a lot of times it shows up really late in the evening or the next day (I'm only speaking from my own experience). I assume they update the site at night. Check your FTDNA pending labs tab tomorrow and it may have shown up by then, assuming it made that batch. The waiting game is the name of this game. I'm still waiting for results from batch 418. I would think it would be unusual for a sample to be lost in the mail, but not impossible.
      Thanks, I'll try to hold out hope I was just surprised when it didn't show up last week, b/c I sent my father's back at the same time & they arrived at FTDNA no prob. Hopefully I'll get something by morning

Comment

Thanks, I'll try to hold out hope I was just surprised when it didn't show up last week, b/c I sent my father's back at the same time & they arrived at FTDNA no prob. Hopefully I'll get something by morning
        If your father's has been batched and it was sent at the same time, you might want to call them to make sure they received your grandfather's kit. Last time I placed an order, the batch # showed up on Thursday, even though they batch orders on Wednesdays. On the other hand, the ways of the USPS are mysterious. I've ordered stuff before and given up on it ever arriving only to have it show up in my mailbox 2 or 3 weeks late.

Comment

I have members of my project in batch 422 and their results are expected 9/7. I'd maybe give them a call to make sure they got his kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Linds View Post
            I have members of my project in batch 422 and their results are expected 9/7. I'd maybe give them a call to make sure they got his kit.
            Thanks, well guess that answers my question, they still haven't gotten it

I emailed them last week to see if they knew where it was, and they emailed me back on Monday to say they hadn't gotten it yet, but to wait a little while longer b/c the two kits may have been separated in the mail. Just frustrating to wait....now I'm wishing I had paid the 50 cents or whatever, for the insurance.

Comment

Thanks, well guess that answers my question, they still haven't gotten it

I emailed them last week to see if they knew where it was, and they emailed me back on Monday to say they hadn't gotten it yet, but to wait a little while longer b/c the two kits may have been separated in the mail. Just frustrating to wait....now I'm wishing I had paid the 50 cents or whatever, for the insurance.
              How did it turn out? Did they find your kit or issue a batch number for it?

Comment

Originally posted by ekc123 View Post
                How did it turn out? Did they find your kit or issue a batch number for it?
                Still nothing I spoke with the admin of another family dna project who called FTDNA about my missing kit. Apparently they told him that some kits are still coming in without enough postage, and FTDNA hasn't picked those up in abt 2 weeks. They also told him that sometimes kits with enough postage get mixed in with these. Until I hear otherwise from FTDNA, I'm hoping this is what happened to mine.

Comment

Well, FTDNA is mailing me out a new kit; looks like they're giving up on it ever reaching them. If it arrives by this weekend, will be mailed back Monday, so should show up in batch 425, I'm thinking. And will DEFINITELY be tracking & requesting confirmation on this one. No more screw-ups!

Comment

Batch 422

I received confirmation weeks ago about Batch422

Comment

I'm in this batch too.

Walk Through the Y(WTY) --> 08/31/2011

Comment

Batch 422

Me three!
                        The due date tells me 9/5, but we'll see....

Comment

Just got my MtDNA FGS almost a week early.

Comment

Interesting... Today is my target date and I haven't received any results yet. Starting to look like my delivery date may be pushed back.

Comment

Originally posted by kokeb View Post
                              Interesting... Today is my target date and I haven't received any results yet. Starting to look like my delivery date may be pushed back.
                              Shocker !!

(Must be like my Batch 414 !! but I hope for you that it is not ... so boring to wait an extra generation or two ...)

Comment

Working...
                              X