Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilma Wildcat
    replied
    Yeah...I suspect they are running behind, because they already tested four SNP's and got negatives.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Batch 417

Mine is delayed also. They said due to a bad sample Maybe they are just running behind

Leave a comment:

• Wilma Wildcat
    replied
    ^ Delayed until 8/22.

Leave a comment:

• Wilma Wildcat
    replied
    Deep clade due in this batch today; I hope it's on time.

Leave a comment:

• Linds
    replied
    Originally posted by ab123bey View Post
    I'm new here. I had a mtDNA & FF test done, I rec'vd the FF results all 4th cousins. They have given me a date of August 10th for results in batch 417.
    Do they come in earlier?
    I am adopted and trying to find a connection to anyone. Does anyone know how close the matches can get? I don't expect to find a sibling, but 4th cousin without any knowledge of names is almost impossible.
    Thank you

I'm donor-conceived so I did the test for the same reasons you are (though just to trace my paternal side). It totally depends on the luck of the draw, but there are certain groups who are more prone to DNA test. For example Ashkenazi jews. Also many people with well-documented colonial ancestry are often very genealogy-centered. That's how I got lucky, my bio-father's family are all southern colonials. I had a suggested 2nd cousin that turned out to be a 1st cousin 2x removed (I had a suspected man I believed to be my bio father and this test confirmed it). However, even if had not had an idea who he was I still would have had a lot of close matches.

But there are other ethnic groups who are much less interested and you might not get many matches let alone close matches at all. Like I said it's the luck of the draw.

I'd say unless you have a b-parent or child of a b-parent who is searching for you, the closest relative you might get is 1st or 2nd cousins.

And yes, it seems that many FF results come back ahead of schedule if your DNA sample was good quality. Mine came back 6 weeks early!! Today was my due date for my results (batch 414) and my mtDNA results still aren't back and now the due date has been moved to 8/3 so we'll see.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Batch 417

I'm new here. I had a mtDNA & FF test done, I rec'vd the FF results all 4th cousins. They have given me a date of August 10th for results in batch 417.
    Do they come in earlier?
    I am adopted and trying to find a connection to anyone. Does anyone know how close the matches can get? I don't expect to find a sibling, but 4th cousin without any knowledge of names is almost impossible.
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Wilma Wildcat
    replied
    Our FF tests came in, but my brother's deep clade is still pending in this batch, due 8/1.

Leave a comment:

• k.o.gran
    replied
    All my SNP tests from this batch are now done. Again, way ahead of schedule!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Tin SNiPs

They confirmed some previous yDNA markers I had special ordered before and completed two tests on SNPs that are negative. I have gotten one new yDNA marker that I can list and one I cannot. That filled my ysearch.org account. None of the new markers will be able to be listed on my ysearch account now.

All I can do is encourage OTHER people to update their tests now because the sale ends on Tuesday. I do not care about the speed of results. I am a patient man.

I have a possible new SNP in play that has not proven to be negative yet.
    Originally posted by brookes View Post
    Me too, my dad's Deep Clade tests. Some results look like they are trickling in ahead of time. I've noticed that FTDNA is frequently ahead of schedule, yay!
    I included my Picture and my yDNA as presented on ysearch.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JohnLloydScharf; 17 June 2011, 01:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wilma Wildcat
    replied
    My brother's deep clade, too. Looking forward to it.

Leave a comment:

• brookes
    replied
    Me too, my dad's Deep Clade tests. Some results look like they are trickling in ahead of time. I've noticed that FTDNA is frequently ahead of schedule, yay!

Leave a comment:

• k.o.gran
    started a topic Batch 417

Batch 417

Got some SNP tests in this batch, due 1st of August.
Working...
X