Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batch 396

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Batch 396

    I received my results for markers 1-37 and 48-60 ahead of schedule.
    Now FTDNA sent me an email stating that my sample failed to reveal results for markers 38-47 and 61-67.
    They are going to retest and expect to have results by the end of the month.

    Wtf?

    They got 50 markers from my sample, but the last 17 are inconclusive?
    Seems more likely they screwed up my sample.

    Does that mean that the 50 makers so far a inaccurate?
    I haven't any matches for my surname.

    I'm not very happy.

  • #2
    DNA testing requires a series of complex chemical reactions. FTDNA does the Y-DNA test in several panels, and each panel goes through these chemical reactions separately. So it's definitely possible for some panels to fail while others succeed. The panels that did complete successfully and have been reported to you are fine -- the lab wouldn't have let the results be provided to you if there was a problem with them.

    While delays can be frustrating, the upside is that you will have quality results in the end

    Elise

    Comment


    • #3
      and you won't see any matches until all the panels are done.

      Originally posted by efgen View Post
      DNA testing requires a series of complex chemical reactions. FTDNA does the Y-DNA test in several panels, and each panel goes through these chemical reactions separately. So it's definitely possible for some panels to fail while others succeed. The panels that did complete successfully and have been reported to you are fine -- the lab wouldn't have let the results be provided to you if there was a problem with them.

      While delays can be frustrating, the upside is that you will have quality results in the end

      Elise

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by dwight View Post
        and you won't see any matches until all the panels are done.
        That's not true... his markers 1-37 are done, so he'll see those matches.

        The only time you'll see *no* matches at all is if markers 1-12 aren't in yet.

        Elise

        Comment


        • #5
          true 'nuf. no matches above the 37 marker level....
          Originally posted by efgen View Post
          That's not true... his markers 1-37 are done, so he'll see those matches.

          The only time you'll see *no* matches at all is if markers 1-12 aren't in yet.

          Elise

          Comment


          • #6
            The Magic of Science...

            I posted this thread the day I received the email.

            Today the rest of my results are completed... ok...

            I'm just about to check if there are any conclusive matches.
            Maybe if I just wish hard enough there will be some matches with my surname.
            Wishing has seemed to help with the scientific aspect of getting the final marker panels finished.

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm in Batch 396 and I started a thread a while ago to keep track of results in it. Would have been nice if you could have searched for an existing thread so I knew there were new results posted.

              ETA: I did not realize the UI automatically defaults the view to exclude topics with no activity for over 30 days - my bad!! Never mind my whinging.
              Last edited by brookes; 9 March 2011, 10:37 PM.

              Comment

              Working...
              X