Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch 391 Family Finder

This is the message I have from FTDNA for Batch 391 due today 31/ 01/ 2011

I will call tomorrow and see what is going on others have been delayed so I figure this has to.

"Pending Items
    TESTS EXPECTED* BATCH NOTES
    Family Finder(FamilyFinder) 03/07/2011 391 Your

Batch 391

Your “expected date” has recently been updated to reflect a more accurate timeframe for your results to be ready. We sincerely appreciate your continued patience and cooperation. One of the following circumstances applies to you: 1) We have recently received your DNA collection kit and have begun testing. 2) Multiple attempts have been made to test the DNA we had stored in our lab. All attempts failed to pass our strict quality control standards. If we have no additional vials of DNA stored, you will be sent an additional collection kit so that we may continue testing. 3) We are waiting for you to return the DNA collection kit we sent to you. The “expected date” only applies to those of you who have remaining DNA stored in our lab for testing. If you have any questions about the progress of your DNA test, please e-mail us at [email protected] or call us at 713-868-1438, M-F, 8am-5pm CST
    Last edited by CAM; 31 January 2011, 06:47 PM. Reason: message cut off

Comment

Same story on my FF test. I figure they're pretty backlogged from the holiday rush. At least they told us of the change more than a week before it was due. I'd really hate to be notified of a delay after the deadline had already passed. I'm still hoping my mtDNA test results are posted on schedule.

Comment

Batch 391

Originally posted by nathanm View Post
        Same story on my FF test. I figure they're pretty backlogged from the holiday rush. At least they told us of the change more than a week before it was due. I'd really hate to be notified of a delay after the deadline had already passed. I'm still hoping my mtDNA test results are posted on schedule.

I new my uncles FF resukts would be delayed because of what I have been reading on the Forum. So I e-mailed them and I asked what batch they were up to this is what they sid below. I just called to make sure they had not tried to use the vial they had stored since it was the last one they have and if the test cannot prove results with that vial they will have to send another out to my Uncle. So it was confirmed they have not tried running the test.
        So everything goes as expected it should be done 7 March 2011.

"Thank you for your email. The delays that we have experienced recently with Family Finder are based on necessary modifications in the testing process that were unanticipated when you placed your initial order. This is a delay for all Family Finder results, not just yours specifically. We apologize for the inconvenience. Sometimes the modifications take much more time than we would like. However, we believe that the modifications we are implementing will greatly improve the process for running Family Finder tests and we sincerely appreciate your patience. While not all results in a batch will come back at once we see that the majority of the testing currently being worked on are from batch 388."

Cam

Comment

I've not once been notified of the delay. I've written twice - once when we'd gone a week beyond the original due date, and a second time when we'd gone a week beyond the date they gave me in their response email (the website has never been updated). The first time they said "the end of next week," the second time "middle of February". But both "updates" were communicated to me only after I wrote them.

Not customer service at its finest.

Originally posted by nathanm View Post

Comment

Family Finder

This is the 1st. time I have experienced a delay my own family finder results came in early that was about a 1 yr. ago.

My Uncles Y-DNA also early.

My uncles Family Finder delayed I did have a notice which I copied above in a previous e-mail with reasons why it could have been delayed but none of them fit. So I called and asked.

The day the FF results were due when I first checked nothing had been changed later that evening when I checked again they had the note in Pending items. I had called FTDNA a few weeks ago and had a question for them on something else. I knew at that time they were having delays with FF so I also asked about those results and they told me they would be a delay in them that they were working on something to do eith FF.

Yes they should have let everyone know . I hope they can learn from their mistakes . I would like to have other people in my family tested but I will have to think about that when I am able to do it.

Cam

Comment

Working...
            X