Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taz85
    replied
    Looks like the reason why my mtDNA results are taking so long is because I have Heteroplasmy. I sure hope I won't have to wait another month, But I don't doubt it.

Leave a comment:

• Taz85
    replied
    HVR1 was due Jan 24th. Ive been waiting 11 weeks. I'm pretty sick n tired of this.

Leave a comment:

• Sw33tdecent
    replied
    Never mind....I found the answer to my question.....

Leave a comment:

• CorkyBean
    replied
    Takes a little time to show up

Originally posted by AngeliaR View Post
    I have also been able to find matches and use the chromosome browser.

So far, I sent notes to the one possible 3rd cousin and seven possible 4ths and have heard back from about half so far.

One thing puzzles me though. Of the potential "cousins" who responded, several said they cannot find my "match" or information on their side in FF yet. In the meantime we have been comparing ancestral names and data attempting to figure out where the possible link may be.
    Angelia,

I heard FTDNA once say that once they put the results into the system, it can take 24 -48 hours to show up for everyone. I don't understand the process, but I picture it acting like a wave. It hits the beach, then it moves further inland. (I may be all wet. *pun intended). Maybe one of our more informed forum members can explain it better.

Corky Bean

Leave a comment:

• k.o.gran
    replied
    You're lucky to have a chromosome browser... On my page it is missing.

Leave a comment:

• AngeliaR
    replied
    FF functions

So far, I sent notes to the one possible 3rd cousin and seven possible 4ths and have heard back from about half so far.

One thing puzzles me though. Of the potential "cousins" who responded, several said they cannot find my "match" or information on their side in FF yet. In the meantime we have been comparing ancestral names and data attempting to figure out where the possible link may be.

Leave a comment:

• Sw33tdecent
    replied
    Yes, I have the side bar. However, nothing is working. No matter what I do. The poplulation percentage isn't working. According to FTD the results may not show for a few more weeks due to the upgrade. Guess you are luckier then me.

Leave a comment:

• nathanm
    replied
    Originally posted by Sw33tdecent View Post
    FTD blew smoke up my tail pipe, by posting/emailing that my FF results were in; only to find out that it was not working properly. Now there is no pending status and I have no idea when it will be back. I already called in...which did not provide me with much....back to the lab
    How is it not working? Do you have the FF menu in the sidebar on the left? Not all the functionality is there yet, but the matches and chromosome browser are working for me. One note though, matches defaults to "Close and Immediate" relations, which gives me no results. But when I switch to "Show All Matches," my one match shows up.

Leave a comment:

• Sw33tdecent
    replied
    FTD blew smoke up my tail pipe, by posting/emailing that my FF results were in; only to find out that it was not working properly. Now there is no pending status and I have no idea when it will be back. I already called in...which did not provide me with much....back to the lab

Leave a comment:

• banshee
    replied
    I received results tonight.
    Can't download raw results, notation says it's coming soon.
    Also no Population Finder.
    Same here on all three counts. I have four possible 5th cousins so far. Was relieved to finally get it. Now I have to try to understand how the results work!

Leave a comment:

• LucyBelle
    replied
    Matches in!

I woke up a little while ago and by chance checked email. FF results are in and I have matches already!
    Those poor IT guys must be hammering it!
    What an emotional roller coaster this has been, I can just imagine those guys and the tough time they've gone through. Turning bat channel off.

Leave a comment:

• DeeTyler
    replied
    Another Batch 390 FF confirmation here, as well as a Batch 391 FF as well.

Leave a comment:

• Sw33tdecent
    replied
    ^^ I was coming to post the same thing. I am hoping that the results can be downloaded tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• AngeliaR
    replied
    Family Finder Results - In!

I received results tonight.
    Can't download raw results, notation says it's coming soon.
    Also no Population Finder.

Thrilled to have a possible 3rd cousin match already along with several speculatives.

Leave a comment:

• CAM
    replied
    Family Finder

Originally posted by Sw33tdecent View Post
    ^^ Thank you Cam. I don't mean to sound like a sour puss. I am actually in great spirits and I am having a AWESOME day. I am disappointed in their lack of integrity and authenticity.

This is a prime example of without integrity nothing works.
    Not a problem you don't sound like a sour puss. I understand sometimes I am fine that my Uncles is also late and sometimes it's really a pain . I would like it better if we knew exactly what is going on .
    I wonder if they are running the test and not putting the results through yet just a thought and it may be a stupid one.

I did my uncle becasue I already had FF done abt. a year ago know I am waiting for that to be re run but I am not worried about that one.
    I want to compare my unlce's with my test so I know if they get my Uncle and myself at least that means the match is on my mothers side.

I wrote a book . The End

Cam

Leave a comment:

Working...
X