Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dwight
    replied
    All of this progress is good news to my ears - sooner or later they'll get to mine, I'm sure... my HVR1 still listed as January 3rd (Batch 387) (i still think it's the Neanderthal cooties that have them spooked ;-)

my wife's batch 394 FF & HVR1 still listed for March 2nd...

Originally posted by banshee View Post
    My FF is now due 2/21 as well, certainly an improvement over the previous delay date. My mtdnaFGS is still at 2/14. Good luck everyone!

Leave a comment:

• banshee
    replied
    My FF is now due 2/21 as well, certainly an improvement over the previous delay date. My mtdnaFGS is still at 2/14. Good luck everyone!

Leave a comment:

• CAM
    replied
    Family Finder

Originally posted by LucyBelle View Post
    :
    just noticed that I've been updated to 2/21!!
    That's less than 2 weeks now! I can hardly wait, this will give me the ability to finally get an answer to a lifelong quest for an answer to who my real father is... I can hardly believe that I'm just a few short days closer to the answer.

I hope everything works well for you. I just looked my Uncle's family finder has just been updated and should be processed sooner than later like expected.

Leave a comment:

• LucyBelle
    replied
    Triumph! Due date updated!

Anyone else in Batch 390 like me? Feb 2nd is a long ways away!!

Family Finder + mtFullSequence(FamilyFinder) 02/02/2011
    Family Finder + mtFullSequence(FGS) 02/02/2011
    :
    just noticed that I've been updated to 2/21!!
    That's less than 2 weeks now! I can hardly wait, this will give me the ability to finally get an answer to a lifelong quest for an answer to who my real father is... I can hardly believe that I'm just a few short days closer to the answer.

Leave a comment:

• Taz85
    replied
    Originally posted by Darren View Post
    Hello,

It depends on what specific test is being run. In general if you order your testing first you will get your results before someone who orders after you. This will be dependent though on what type of test it is and if the lab needs to retest the samples for any reason. I would recommend contacting us at [email protected] so we can look into your specific test to give you an update.

Darren Marin
    -Family Tree DNA
    I have been in contact with them. I'm waiting for my HVR1 Test. I guess people in 393 are already getting mtdna results in.

Leave a comment:

• Darren
    replied
    Hello,

It depends on what specific test is being run. In general if you order your testing first you will get your results before someone who orders after you. This will be dependent though on what type of test it is and if the lab needs to retest the samples for any reason. I would recommend contacting us at [email protected] so we can look into your specific test to give you an update.

Darren Marin
    -Family Tree DNA

Leave a comment:

• Taz85
    replied
    I just don't understand their logic. You would figure the people who have been waiting the longest, they would finish first before they started other tests. Whats the point of posting a "expected" time frame?

Leave a comment:

• banshee
    replied
    LOL dwight. Glad to see your sense of humor since you seem to have been waiting the longest of any of us.

Leave a comment:

• dwight
    replied
    sounds like herding alleles is no easier than herding cats

Well someone in batch 393 just posted yesterday that they got their mtdna results 3 weeks early. And here we sit. Seriously, what is up?!

Leave a comment:

• banshee
    replied
    Well someone in batch 393 just posted yesterday that they got their mtdna results 3 weeks early. And here we sit. Seriously, what is up?!

Leave a comment:

• Taz85
    replied
    Just Wow......

I got an e-mail stating my HVR1 results should be ready in 3 more weeks. Ive already been waiting 2 months. This is insane. They should in my opinion finish the tests that people have been waiting on for a long time, before they do anyone else's.

Leave a comment:

• rohadj
    replied
    So I'm not alone?

I was afraid that my stored sample was no good, and they would have to send me another kit.

I'm waiting for FF in batch 390. The last I heard it is now due on Feb 28th.

They probably have a backlog from their Christmas sales.

Leave a comment:

• banshee
    replied
    Originally posted by LucyBelle View Post

OMG! I've been a little snide in my posts....do you think I'll be delayed until spring now? LOL..sorry, I've watched your posts and it looks like you've been waiting as long as me.

What is FGS?

LOL! No I think they're just finally get to batch 390 and we're all now getting these delay emails.

FGS is full genome sequence for mtDNA.

Not a happy week here in batch 390 land that's for sure.

Leave a comment:

• dwight
    replied
    I agree completely. I don't mind the waiting - it's the expectation that makes it painful, and causes to be impatient. My expected date for my HVR1 results is *still* listed as 1/3/11. In response to my emails, I've been told, first, that it would be ready the end of last week and, now, today, I'm told mid-February. Note that both of those were in response to me specifically asking for a status update. Nothing was volunteered. I'm sure they're busy, between the 'holiday rush' and the new FamilyFinder modifications, etc., but a little good customer service would go a long way to keeping the customers satisfied, even when things are running behind schedule.

Originally posted by AngeliaR View Post

Actually, I'd have felt a little better with notification before the actual due date and at least a small explanation of what technical changes were needed and what they will do for end users.

Leave a comment:

• AngeliaR
    replied
    1/24 Family Finder Delays

I received a similar answer to some already posted. Apparently, there has been a processing change (upgrade?) that will improve the quality of matches.

<quote>
    The delays that we have experienced recently with Family Finder are based on necessary modifications in the testing process that were unanticipated when you placed your initial order. This is a delay for all Family Finder results, not just yours specifically. We apologize for the inconvenience. Sometimes the modifications take much more time than we would like. However, we believe that the modifications we are implementing will greatly improve the process for running Family Finder tests and we sincerely appreciate your patience.
    <end quote>
    Note: I added the red italic formatting shown above.

So, back to waiting patiently for results that may help solve a family mystery or two. With luck, the new estimate will be on the conservative side and actual results will come in a little sooner than expected.

Actually, I'd have felt a little better with notification before the actual due date and at least a small explanation of what technical changes were needed and what they will do for end users.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X