X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darkwriter
    replied
    Missing Data-Population Finder Results 3/2/11

Has anyone received their Population Finder results that have been tested with the new chip and if so, are they seemingly accurate/plausible? Reading the other threads, I have noted that are recent, incorrect FF matches reported by clients who know their direct heritage (that is, we are not all from Ukraine.) This bothers me great deal - will the Population Finder follow the same suit (that is, use the same information/misinformation?" Accuracy is top priority - I'm not paying for someone to "guess": that's my job in this genealogical process. Also, when does FTDNA plan to post the Population Finder results-will they be sequenced by batch number?
    Last edited by Darkwriter; 2 March 2011, 02:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• k.o.gran
    replied
    Finally got the long awaited FF results! \o/
    Not much interesting yet, though, as every one else needs to be retested.

Leave a comment:

• k.o.gran
    replied
    Still waiting for my FF test. And with the retesting of all FF tests, 8 more weeks to wait.

Due date is now moved (for the second time) to 21st of February.

Leave a comment:

• Taz85
    replied
    Deep-Clade test complete. Confirmed E1b1b1a1 V12. Took over 8 weeks. Worth the Wait. mtDNA HVR1 test still pending in 390. Due the 24th.

Leave a comment:

• darroll
    replied
    We are having more family tested for FF.
    Batch 396. Due 3/7/11. (they are busy)
    This could get interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Ivan
    Guest replied
    Finally All results in/ no notification!

Finally got the last test, 25 to 37 marker results today. I did not get an email notification that the results were back, like I did for the 12-25. This test was originally due 1/12, but then was pushed back to 2/7. But today is 1/19.
    I'm just glad it's done.

Leave a comment:

• Ivan
    Guest replied
    Good news, but still confused...

Today, Jan 13, I received the 12 to 25 marker test results. This is just two days after FTDNA changed my results date from 1/12 to 1/31. Still awaiting the 25 to 37 results, now due on 2/7. Or, maybe that 2/7 isn't really 2/7, and the results will show up some other day, or not.
    This reminds me of when the airlines added 25 minutes of flight time to all flights. It sure improved their on-time-arrival statistics, but has created real confusion as to when to expect someone to arrive at their destination airport. (I host many out-of-town visitors.)
    I guess the important thing to remember is that I'm looking for results, and when I get them shouldn't matter. At least, I keep telling myself this to curb my impatience.

Leave a comment:

• JamesKelley
    replied
    Originally posted by Time Traveler View Post
    My delivery date was also changed from January 10 to February 14. If they require more samples they will let me know - so I'll just be patient. I prefer that they take the time needed to do their work rather than to rush to satisfy a due date. The process is not as black and white as some people expect it to be.
    Time Traveler, can't you just find out who your matches are and cancel your order after getting the results? Can you also get me the Powerball numbers for the next drawing while you are at it? Ok, I've lost my mind, never mind.

Leave a comment:

• Time Traveler
    replied
    Batch 388

Originally posted by Darkwriter View Post
    As stated before, my DNA was submitted in the middle of November. I had to wait an extra week to get "batched." I was given a rough result date of 1/19.

Today, 1/10, my pending results were changed to 2/14, without any solid reason: I have no idea if I need to collect again, if it was lost or ruined somehow. I understand that not everything goes as "planned" in labs, but this lengthy and ambiguous announcement makes me very concerned about the actual lab results. These tests are expensive and thus better be conducted and analyzed correctly.

I do think that for those of us who have been significantly backdated in tests, which seems to be an increasing amount, should be reimbursed by discount or given advanced testing. Here's my reasoning: if I don't deliver on time to my customers, I make it up to them so I will not lose their future business. It's just GBP.

My delivery date was also changed from January 10 to February 14. If they require more samples they will let me know - so I'll just be patient. I prefer that they take the time needed to do their work rather than to rush to satisfy a due date. The process is not as black and white as some people expect it to be.

Leave a comment:

• Ivan
    Guest replied
    Disappointing news, also.

Y-Refine12to37(Y-DNA13-25 Markers) 01/31/2011 388 This test failed to yield results for your sample. Your sample is being rerun now. Results from this round of testing are expected by this date.
    Y-Refine12to37(Y-DNA26-37 Markers) 02/07/2011 388 This test failed to yield results for your sample. Your sample is being rerun now. Results from this round of testing are expected by this date.

My original date was 1/12/2010.

Leave a comment:

• Darkwriter
    replied
    Not good...

As stated before, my DNA was submitted in the middle of November. I had to wait an extra week to get "batched." I was given a rough result date of 1/19.

Today, 1/10, my pending results were changed to 2/14, without any solid reason: I have no idea if I need to collect again, if it was lost or ruined somehow. I understand that not everything goes as "planned" in labs, but this lengthy and ambiguous announcement makes me very concerned about the actual lab results. These tests are expensive and thus better be conducted and analyzed correctly.

I do think that for those of us who have been significantly backdated in tests, which seems to be an increasing amount, should be reimbursed by discount or given advanced testing. Here's my reasoning: if I don't deliver on time to my customers, I make it up to them so I will not lose their future business. It's just GBP.

Last edited by Darkwriter; 10 January 2011, 05:46 PM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• Ivan
    Guest replied
    Six weeks, three days

since I ordered my upgrade from 12 to 37 markers. Guess the results will be here sometime in the next week or so. The waiting is tough, but I'm hoping that just one of my eight 12-marker matches will be a 25 or 37 marker match and point me in the right direction. I've been working on this tree for over ten years, and could really use a break!

Leave a comment:

• CAM
    replied
    Results

Originally posted by Ivan View Post
    I haven't received results yet. Just wondering if anyone else is getting results this week. I know a lot of companies take this week off.
    Y-Refine12to37(Y-DNA13-25 Markers) 01/12/2011 388
    Y-Refine12to37(Y-DNA26-37 Markers) 01/12/2011 388
    Ivan,
    They most likely did have time off since the test are run at the Univ. of Arizona and most Univ. are closed this week.

However I did get 1 match today for my Uncle's MTDNA so if they were not doing the test they have started again.

Hope you get your results soon I know it's frustrating . I am waiting for my Uncles Family Finder due 31 Jan 2011.

Cam

Leave a comment:

• Ivan
    Guest replied
    Any results this week?

I haven't received results yet. Just wondering if anyone else is getting results this week. I know a lot of companies take this week off.
    Y-Refine12to37(Y-DNA13-25 Markers) 01/12/2011 388
    Y-Refine12to37(Y-DNA26-37 Markers) 01/12/2011 388

Leave a comment:

• Darkwriter
    replied
    Batch 388, where are you?

Hmm. The ETA for my results is 1/19 and seems to be holding fast. I too submitted the samples in the 2nd week of November. So, how is it others are getting theirs already? Do I get a discount for being forgotten?
    Last edited by Darkwriter; 24 December 2010, 03:52 PM. Reason: Typo

Leave a comment:

Working...
X