Batch 388

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch 388

Greets, getting the 37-marker test done with these due dates. Results seem to be 3-4 weeks early recently, so hoping to have all by Christmas

Y-DNA37(Y-DNA13-25 Markers) 01/21/2011 388
    Y-DNA37(Y-DNA26-37 Markers) 01/21/2011 388
    Y-DNA37(Y-DNA1-12 Markers) 01/07/2011 388

Paul

Hoping right along with you in the same batch and same dates for 37 markers also.

I was surprised when they sent the dates, seems like a really long time when they received the samples Nov. 23.

Comment

Got my results for the first 12 markers yesterday, 12/15, three weeks early. Of course at 12 markers there isn't much conclusion, but predicted haplogroup is I1 Now just waiting for the rest of the markers to narrow down the matches.

Paul

Comment

second panel just came in a month early...yay!

Paul

Comment

Batch 388

I keep checking, still waiting on upgrade from 12 to 37 markers, due 1/12. Glad everyone else is getting results, hope I'll get results before Christmas.

Comment

All 37 markers are now complete for my kit, a full month ahead of the scheduled time frame so those of you still waiting I hope you get results quickly.

Comment

ME TOO!! Woke up this morning to find it final set in...Merry Christmas.
              No close matches, but not a problem, I'm going to swing over to YSearch and Ancestry and see what I come up with there.

Paul

Comment

Batch 388

Glad you guys received your results. Guess I have something to look forward to for the New Year!
                Y-Refine12to37(Y-DNA13-25 Markers) 01/12/2011 388
                Y-Refine12to37(Y-DNA26-37 Markers) 01/12/2011 388

Comment

Batch 388, where are you?

Hmm. The ETA for my results is 1/19 and seems to be holding fast. I too submitted the samples in the 2nd week of November. So, how is it others are getting theirs already? Do I get a discount for being forgotten?
                  Last edited by Darkwriter; 24 December 2010, 04:52 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Any results this week?

I haven't received results yet. Just wondering if anyone else is getting results this week. I know a lot of companies take this week off.

Comment

Results

Originally posted by Ivan View Post
                      I haven't received results yet. Just wondering if anyone else is getting results this week. I know a lot of companies take this week off.
                      Ivan,
                      They most likely did have time off since the test are run at the Univ. of Arizona and most Univ. are closed this week.

However I did get 1 match today for my Uncle's MTDNA so if they were not doing the test they have started again.

Hope you get your results soon I know it's frustrating . I am waiting for my Uncles Family Finder due 31 Jan 2011.

Cam

Comment

Six weeks, three days

since I ordered my upgrade from 12 to 37 markers. Guess the results will be here sometime in the next week or so. The waiting is tough, but I'm hoping that just one of my eight 12-marker matches will be a 25 or 37 marker match and point me in the right direction. I've been working on this tree for over ten years, and could really use a break!

Comment

Not good...

As stated before, my DNA was submitted in the middle of November. I had to wait an extra week to get "batched." I was given a rough result date of 1/19.

Today, 1/10, my pending results were changed to 2/14, without any solid reason: I have no idea if I need to collect again, if it was lost or ruined somehow. I understand that not everything goes as "planned" in labs, but this lengthy and ambiguous announcement makes me very concerned about the actual lab results. These tests are expensive and thus better be conducted and analyzed correctly.

I do think that for those of us who have been significantly backdated in tests, which seems to be an increasing amount, should be reimbursed by discount or given advanced testing. Here's my reasoning: if I don't deliver on time to my customers, I make it up to them so I will not lose their future business. It's just GBP.

Last edited by Darkwriter; 10 January 2011, 06:46 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Disappointing news, also.

Y-Refine12to37(Y-DNA13-25 Markers) 01/31/2011 388 This test failed to yield results for your sample. Your sample is being rerun now. Results from this round of testing are expected by this date.
                            Y-Refine12to37(Y-DNA26-37 Markers) 02/07/2011 388 This test failed to yield results for your sample. Your sample is being rerun now. Results from this round of testing are expected by this date.

My original date was 1/12/2010.

Comment

Batch 388

Originally posted by Darkwriter View Post
                              As stated before, my DNA was submitted in the middle of November. I had to wait an extra week to get "batched." I was given a rough result date of 1/19.

Today, 1/10, my pending results were changed to 2/14, without any solid reason: I have no idea if I need to collect again, if it was lost or ruined somehow. I understand that not everything goes as "planned" in labs, but this lengthy and ambiguous announcement makes me very concerned about the actual lab results. These tests are expensive and thus better be conducted and analyzed correctly.

I do think that for those of us who have been significantly backdated in tests, which seems to be an increasing amount, should be reimbursed by discount or given advanced testing. Here's my reasoning: if I don't deliver on time to my customers, I make it up to them so I will not lose their future business. It's just GBP.

My delivery date was also changed from January 10 to February 14. If they require more samples they will let me know - so I'll just be patient. I prefer that they take the time needed to do their work rather than to rush to satisfy a due date. The process is not as black and white as some people expect it to be.

Comment

Working...
                              X