Let's ring in the New Year with Batch 387

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a new theory

I have a new theory, as the countdown clock shows 16 hours til D-day for my mtDNA(HVR1) result, due today 1/3/11. Maybe they ran into the Neanderthal haplogroup and it's confounded their algorithms...

Originally posted by owen View Post
    Someone here FGS in batch 385,due 12/20/2010,now delay to 01/10/2011,received this note:"The FGS test is one of the most complex tests we perform, and because of this it can take more time than other tests to complete. There has been a delay in your FGS test due to the lab running at less than full staff during the holidays and the volume of orders we have recently received. Results are already arriving for these orders and will continue to arrive over the next several weeks."

Comment

Originally posted by dwight View Post
      I have a new theory, as the countdown clock shows 16 hours til D-day for my mtDNA(HVR1) result, due today 1/3/11. Maybe they ran into the Neanderthal haplogroup and it's confounded their algorithms...
      Dwight, your "new theory" may be correct as I just checked the status of my husbands batch 387 FF test results that were due 1/12 (but he already got his mtDNA results early), and now it says the due date for his FF results is FEBRUARY 10.

They list a bunch of possible reasons why there is a delay (e.g., sample didn't pass the first round of QC and has to be redone, or bad scraping, etc.), but that does not tell me which one is the specific reason for his delay. The lab being behind due to the holidays was NOT one of the reasons listed.

I am so disappointed......

Has anyone else just discovered their results are delayed for another month past the original due date?

Judy

Comment

Well, darn - that is not the news we were looking for.
        My pending status remains, at this minute, unchanged:

mtDNA(HVR1) 01/03/2011 387

If they're in Houston they've got 22 minutes; if they're in AZ they've got an hour on top of that ;-)

Originally posted by nolnacsj View Post
        Dwight, your "new theory" may be correct as I just checked the status of my husbands batch 387 FF test results that were due 1/12 (but he already got his mtDNA results early), and now it says the due date for his FF results is FEBRUARY 10.

They list a bunch of possible reasons why there is a delay (e.g., sample didn't pass the first round of QC and has to be redone, or bad scraping, etc.), but that does not tell me which one is the specific reason for his delay. The lab being behind due to the holidays was NOT one of the reasons listed.

Has anyone else just discovered their results are delayed for another month past the original due date?

Judy

Comment

Judy
          Yes- same here for deep-clade test.
          Reasons given: "Your sample failed to produce a clear result in this run" and "Your sample requires more than the average number of rounds to complete this testing process."
          New expected date: 1/24/11. Sigh!

Comment

Originally posted by on_the_edge View Post
            Yes- same here for deep-clade test.
            Reasons given: "Your sample failed to produce a clear result in this run" and "Your sample requires more than the average number of rounds to complete this testing process."
            New expected date: 1/24/11. Sigh!
            Bummer! Well at least you got a more specific reason and your results are still due this month... double sigh!

Dwight, I don't see any yippies from you yet, did the clock stop or did you get the results you were expecting 1/3?

Comment

I'm trying to act like the mature adult I am not. You know, as if it's really no big deal, I'll just check maybe once a day, every other day, I'm sure it will show up some day soon. NOT!!! In fact, I think I'm wearing out my mouse clicking on the pending order status page (and login since i have to login again almost every time)... nothing. NOTHING. i guess it's good news that they haven't changed the expected date from 1/3/2011.

Thanks for asking
              Bummer! Well at least you got a more specific reason and your results are still due this month... double sigh!

Dwight, I don't see any yippies from you yet, did the clock stop or did you get the results you were expecting 1/3?

Comment

I'm trying to act like the mature adult I am not. You know, as if it's really no big deal, I'll just check maybe once a day, every other day, I'm sure it will show up some day soon. NOT!!! In fact, I think I'm wearing out my mouse clicking on the pending order status page (and login since i have to login again almost every time)... nothing. NOTHING. i guess it's good news that they haven't changed the expected date from 1/3/2011.

Thanks for asking
                Dwight, good things come to those who wait.... Judy

Comment

Judy, this is off-thread, but I have contacted the son of my near-match YDNA. He is going to test and a kit was sent to him on Monday. At the end of February, I am going to Eureka and search old legal notices (1949) for possible release of paternal right notices. Still working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by JPHutchins View Post
                    Judy, this is off-thread, but I have contacted the son of my near-match YDNA. He is going to test and a kit was sent to him on Monday. At the end of February, I am going to Eureka and search old legal notices (1949) for possible release of paternal right notices. Still working on it.
                    Thank you so much for the update! I have been wondering how your search is progressing. I think it is wonderful that you have identified a close YDNA match and they are willing to test. Being male and able to do the YDNA test is a real advantage regarding surnames. I have one mtDNA FGS match, and his mother tested with FF at my request, but unfortunately she did not show up as a match with me on FF. However, we do share a common match, and a few others on GEDmatch.

Good luck searching for legal notices. I did the same thing but used Inter-library Loan (ILL) where they send the films and you can read them at your own library. Prepare for a stiff neck!

Meanwhile, as you probably read, my husband's batch 387 FF results have been delayed from 1/12 to 2/10 (my attempt to get back on topic!).

Please keep me posted on your progress! Happy New Year, Judy

Comment

My date for Family Finder has also been rescheduled from 1/12/11 to 2/7/11
                      Received mtDNA on 12/30/10 earlier than expected.

Comment

mine still saying 1/3/2011...

Originally posted by joann616 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by joann616 View Post
                          Joann, same situation as my husband, mtDNA came in early, FF will be delayed. I can understand these things though as I used to work in a lab.

Judy

Comment

mine still saying 1/3/2011...
                            Then I would assume that the results will come in any day now since the date was not changed. And, on another thread it was noted that next week more results may be released.

Toes and fingers (and eyes) crossed!

Judy

Comment

Mine *still* saying 1/3/2011.

Then I would assume that the results will come in any day now since the date was not changed. And, on another thread it was noted that next week more results may be released.

Toes and fingers (and eyes) crossed!

Judy

Comment

Mine *still* saying 1/3/2011.
                                Give 'em a nudge. Send FTDNA an email or use the Fast Form. It's been a long time since I've emailed them but I remember they have more than one customer service email address. Click on "contact us" or "help" while logged into your personal page, or from the main home page.

Type up something along these lines:

"Hello (or "Dear FTDNA"),
                                My KIT # 12345 is in Batch 387 and my personal page still says expected 01/03/2011. It's a week late. Please let me know what's going on with my kit. When are my results going to be ready?

Sincerely,
                                Dwight H

[email protected]
                                "

Comment

Working...
                                X