• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's ring in the New Year with Batch 387

Batch 387, due 1/3/2011
    FamilyFinder
    mtDNA(HV1)

Maybe it'll be here in time for either a NYE toast, or a New Year's Resolution

Dwight, I agree!

My husbands FF combined with mtDNA is in Batch 387 also. However, test results were coming in earlier than estimated a few months back so maybe it will be an early holiday present!

Judy

Comment

Judy, did your husband's mtDNA result come in yet? I got my FF results 2-3 weeks ago, but still waiting for the mtDNA!!

Originally posted by nolnacsj View Post
      Dwight, I agree!

My husbands FF combined with mtDNA is in Batch 387 also. However, test results were coming in earlier than estimated a few months back so maybe it will be an early holiday present!

Judy

Comment

Originally posted by dwight View Post
        Judy, did your husband's mtDNA result come in yet? I got my FF results 2-3 weeks ago, but still waiting for the mtDNA!!
        Dwight, we have not received any FF or mtDNA results yet so if you already got you FF results from batch 387, you are way ahead of us! I am hoping it will show up any day now.

Judy

Comment

was this the first time your father was tested? they sent me a new kit. i'm thinking they had enough left of the old one to do the FF but not enough to do the mtDNA, and so it's being run on the new kit, thus the big time lag. just a guess...

Dwight, we have not received any FF or mtDNA results yet so if you already got you FF results from batch 387, you are way ahead of us! I am hoping it will show up any day now.

Judy

Comment

was this the first time your father was tested? they sent me a new kit. i'm thinking they had enough left of the old one to do the FF but not enough to do the mtDNA, and so it's being run on the new kit, thus the big time lag. just a guess...
            Dwight, it is my husband who is waiting for his mtDNA and FF results in batch 387. He did a Y-DNA test several years back but we sent in a new FF kit for his mtDNA and FF back when they ran the special. Nothing in yet.

Judy

Comment

Dwight, I just checked the status of my husbands mtDNA and FF test results fro batch 387 and it says the due date is 1/12/11.

Judy

Comment

mine still says 1/3/11 for the mtDNA

Dwight, I just checked the status of my husbands mtDNA and FF test results fro batch 387 and it says the due date is 1/12/11.
                Judy

Comment

My mtDNA FGS is batch 387 too. No results yet. Still says 1/3/2011.

Comment

Originally posted by smallaxe View Post
                    My mtDNA FGS is batch 387 too. No results yet. Still says 1/3/2011.
                    Someone here FGS in batch 385,due 12/20/2010,now delay to 01/10/2011,received this note:"The FGS test is one of the most complex tests we perform, and because of this it can take more time than other tests to complete. There has been a delay in your FGS test due to the lab running at less than full staff during the holidays and the volume of orders we have recently received. Results are already arriving for these orders and will continue to arrive over the next several weeks."

Comment

mine still says 1/3/11 for the mtDNA
                      Dwight, UPDATE!

My husband's batch #387 mtDNA (HVR1) results just came in tonight around 10:30 PM EST. However, we have not received his Family Finder results yet. So, we ring in the New Year with half the results anyway!

Judy

Comment

did you get an email right away? or do i really need to keep clicking on my FTDNA home page every 3 minutes?????

Dwight, UPDATE!

My husband's batch #387 mtDNA (HVR1) results just came in tonight around 10:30 PM EST. However, we have not received his Family Finder results yet. So, we ring in the New Year with half the results anyway!

Judy

Comment

did you get an email right away? or do i really need to keep clicking on my FTDNA home page every 3 minutes?????
                          Good one Dwight! Yes, I received a direct email from FTDNA saying the test results were in. So, it is safe to leave your computer.

Comment

It is January 01st, 2011. Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

The mtDNA FGS test takes longer than any other test. Mine was rescheduled several times last year and took almost 5 months.
                            Last edited by rainbow; 1 January 2011, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow View Post
                              Happy New Year!

The mtDNA FGS test takes longer than any other test. Mine was rescheduled several times last year and took almost 5 months.
                              Rainbow, we are waiting for my husbands batch 387 Family Finder results. He got his mtDNA HVR1 test results early a few days ago, as they had been due 1/12, same date that his FF results were due. So, hopefully the FF results will come along soon.

I did the mtDNA FGS test about 9 months ago, and I have not received one single new match there since I got my first results. I would think I would have at least a few new HVR1 and HVR2 matches in 9 months time. When I asked FTDNA about it a few months back they said I have an uncommon DNA signature. However, I wonder if this has happened to anyone else.

Happy New Year to you also!

Judy

Comment

Working...
                              X