Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Oh well

At this time i've wasted money and time, one, yes only one 5th cousin match on my mothers side (the most documinted) of the family. I hope more info comes to light later. ;( disapointed

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Results received

Got my results, now if I could figure out how to open the files.

Leave a comment:

• rivergirl
    replied
    Originally posted by GayeSherman View Post
    I'm waiting as well but I mailed my vials on May 12 so I didn't understand why I was assigned to a batch that was due on May 17. Very odd.

I recently got results from DNA Tribes that are either totally wrong or I'm not who I thought I was. Since I'm adopted and I'm trying to get a handle on my biological father's side, anything is possible. I would really like the FTDNA autosomal results soon so I can compare them to the DNA Tribes autosomal results.

My DNA Tribes results had my best mathces? as Indian/Nepalese???
    My family lineas are all European from England, Ireland and Denmark/Sweden. I dont think they are all that great on mixed ancestry.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Mcd
    replied
    12 weeks no results, no changed dates, no explanations. I caught the 23 & Me sale, all results returned in 3 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• GayeSherman
    replied
    Batch 354

I'm waiting as well but I mailed my vials on May 12 so I didn't understand why I was assigned to a batch that was due on May 17. Very odd.

I recently got results from DNA Tribes that are either totally wrong or I'm not who I thought I was. Since I'm adopted and I'm trying to get a handle on my biological father's side, anything is possible. I would really like the FTDNA autosomal results soon so I can compare them to the DNA Tribes autosomal results.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Batch 354

I received a notice that my results were going to be late - 5/17/10 date was moved to 6/4/10. I hope it doesn't move again.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Still waiting

05/17/10 has come and gone, has anyone received results?

Leave a comment:

• sbarr10
    replied
    Originally posted by sbarr10 View Post
    Now May 21 and still waiting for my Family Finder results out of batch 354.

It took five months to get me my mtDNA FGS results. Sheesh, it isn't just grandmom's DNA that's so tough to decipher!
    Hurrah! Results are in! And out of 10 matches, only 6 have surnames uploaded and only one other person looks like she stands a chance of actually being a match. She is classified as 4th cousin, all the remaining are classified as 5th cousin.

I *knew* this DNA was willful and headstrong!

Leave a comment:

• sbarr10
    replied
    still waiting

Now May 21 and still waiting for my Family Finder results out of batch 354.

It took five months to get me my mtDNA FGS results. Sheesh, it isn't just grandmom's DNA that's so tough to decipher!

Leave a comment:

• briancowings
    replied
    My wife is in 354, due 5/17/10. Hope she gets more matches than her zero HVR1,2 and FGS.

Leave a comment:

• sbarr10
    replied
    Still waiting for results

Hope my cheek scrapings were good - I had to wait five months for results from FGS!

Leave a comment:

• irshgypsy
    replied
    354 ff

My results today, 3 close matches, no surnames attached to any of them.

7 other matches, some surnames, none in common with my surnames, only the places: Scotland and Ireland.

Help links are not working so other than writing to my matches, not sure where to go from here,

MJ Bailey

Leave a comment:

• vrc84
    replied
    I received my results from this batch last week. I had five close matches and received a new one today.

So far, I've been able to communicate with 4 of the 5 matches and have not yet discovered a common ancestor - though I do see geographical similarities. My chart is missing only four ancestors at the 3xG-Grandparents level. I was surprised to have so many matches at first, and even more surprised that the matches seem to be going back into the 1700s.

Leave a comment:

• irshgypsy
    replied

Actually, I can trace most of mine back to early 1800's, THEY are the ones who were dropped by aliens.

Main names:
    Bailey somewhere in the east >OH Haplo G2A3B1A
    Kinney VT>OH>MI Haplo R1B1B1 (M269)
    Laisure OH>IN Haplo UNKNOWN
    Calkins VT>NY>MI Haplo UNKNOWN
    HalfPenny IRELAND>CANADA>MI
    Me J1C3B (M369)

MJ

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    354 family Finder

irshgypsy, I liked your statement about being dropped by aliens . I feel the same way at times. My reasons for taking this test was to find cousins on my paternal line. I can follow my paternal line up until 1900, then I hit a big brickwall.

KML
    Last edited by kmlewis59; 5 May 2010, 04:14 PM. Reason: mispelled word

Leave a comment:

Working...
X