X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dok101
    replied
    Originally posted by drouhin View Post
    @dok101, none in for you yet?! Maybe yours are just now being completed and the results will be in later tonight. Fingers crossed! For some reason this wait seemed harder than the one for mtdna. I hope it's not much longer for you.
    Hi drouhin. Thanks again for the kind words. Results are now posted for me too. Zero matches, unfortunately. Will have to wait it out a while longer for the database to mature.

See you around.

Leave a comment:

• dok101
    replied
    @dok101, none in for you yet?! Maybe yours are just now being completed and the results will be in later tonight. Fingers crossed! For some reason this wait seemed harder than the one for mtdna. I hope it's not much longer for you.

@ gtc, they had sample on hand for me.
    Nope, nothing here yet. Thanks for asking. Good luck with your matches.

Leave a comment:

• drouhin
    replied

@ gtc, they had sample on hand for me.

Leave a comment:

• dok101
    replied
    Results just in! Long wait, but I like the interface very much indeed. Nice to be able to adjust segment size. 17 matches total, 2 are estimated 4th cousins, 15 are estimated 5th.
    Congratulations!!

Leave a comment:

• gtc
    replied
    ^ Good to hear.

I'm still waiting. Did you need to submit fresh samples like I did?

Leave a comment:

• drouhin
    replied
    Results just in! Long wait, but I like the interface very much indeed. Nice to be able to adjust segment size. 17 matches total, 2 are estimated 4th cousins, 15 are estimated 5th.

Leave a comment:

• dok101
    replied
    Anyone else from 348 still waiting for FF results? dok101?

None here yet. I called this afternoon, and today's story is that the most recent analysis was inconclusive and it will be another 3 weeks. I suggested they send me another kit, so if the old sample fails the next round of processing, they'll at least have some fresh sample on hand.
    Hi drouhin,

Yup, still waiting here too.

Leave a comment:

• drouhin
    replied
    Anyone else from 348 still waiting for FF results? dok101?

None here yet. I called this afternoon, and today's story is that the most recent analysis was inconclusive and it will be another 3 weeks. I suggested they send me another kit, so if the old sample fails the next round of processing, they'll at least have some fresh sample on hand.
    Last edited by drouhin; 14 May 2010, 06:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• R2-D2
    replied
    I just got my Family Finder results tonight. One person is coming up as a possible 4th cousin. I really don't think that I could be related to this person but I sent him an e-mail anyway and I'm awaiting a response.

Leave a comment:

• drouhin
    replied
    Yes, still waiting for Family Finder results. I ordered the test in mid February.

Leave a comment:

• gtc
    replied
    Originally posted by dok101 View Post
    Anyone else still waiting on Family Finder from this batch? Still waiting here.
    Me, too, but they only received my samples on March 10.

Leave a comment:

• dok101
    replied
    Anyone else still waiting on Family Finder from this batch? Still waiting here.

Leave a comment:

• irshgypsy
    replied
    348 -- Deep Clade

Was postponed to today, but no results yet--think it got lost in the FF shuffle?

MJ

Leave a comment:

• gtc
    replied
    Batch 348, still waiting. Called today, and was told a completely different story than I was told 2 weeks ago, when I was assured that some type of verification process was in progress, implication being that the test was complete.

Today the story is that my spare vial was never pulled to Houston from the Arizona lab, due to a computer glitch. It has ONLY NOW begun to be processed (AFTER ORDERING THIS TEST IN FEBRUARY), and it will be another 2-3 weeks.
    When I rang to get confirmation receipt of my fresh samples last week, the woman politely said immediately "there is a processing backlog" but when I asked for a specific date of receipt of my mailed in fresh samples she asked for my kit number, went off the line for about a minute, and then said "March 10".

So, my feeling is that FTDNA receptionists give off-the-cuff answers unless you dig for specifics.

In light of what I read above, I'm thinking of calling them again and asking which lab my FF samples are currently in.

Leave a comment:

• dok101
    replied
    Batch 348, still waiting. Called today, and was told a completely different story than I was told 2 weeks ago, when I was assured that some type of verification process was in progress, implication being that the test was complete.

Today the story is that my spare vial was never pulled to Houston from the Arizona lab, due to a computer glitch. It has ONLY NOW begun to be processed (AFTER ORDERING THIS TEST IN FEBRUARY), and it will be another 2-3 weeks.

The only reason I know this is that I called them. My results page still indicates results were due 3/31. No communication from FTDNA was forthcoming.

My opinion of FTDNA right now is that they're a fantastic advertisment for 23andme.
    Same story for me! Called two weeks back, was told what you were told. Called yesterday, and again, was told what you were told!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X