Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

348 - Family Finder

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    My feeling is that my stored dna vial(s) also went unprocessed for my fgs in batch 343. I ordered on January 13th.
    I think FTDNA must have lost their FGS specialist(s) last year. Too many board members, not enough lab staff.

    With 23andme Relative Finder I haven't had a surname match yet, but match with region. I have a Slovakian match that must be related to me thru either one of my two Slovakian (Austria-Hungary/Czech) Great Grandparents.
    A cousin match from Canada is of almost completely French ancestry. We match a region - former Saintonge, but no surnames. His French lines went straight to Canada from Europe. Mine went to New York (and later to New Jersey). Our unknown common ancestor could be from circa 1500s Saintonge. But to me it confirms that my father's mother's father's father's father's etc paper trail is accurate and that my Latourette of NJ was descended from the Latourette/La Tourette of Staten Island (Richmond), NY.
    Last edited by ~Elizabeth~; 20 April 2010, 08:36 PM.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by drouhin View Post
      Batch 348, still waiting. Called today, and was told a completely different story than I was told 2 weeks ago, when I was assured that some type of verification process was in progress, implication being that the test was complete.

      Today the story is that my spare vial was never pulled to Houston from the Arizona lab, due to a computer glitch. It has ONLY NOW begun to be processed (AFTER ORDERING THIS TEST IN FEBRUARY), and it will be another 2-3 weeks.

      The only reason I know this is that I called them. My results page still indicates results were due 3/31. No communication from FTDNA was forthcoming.

      My opinion of FTDNA right now is that they're a fantastic advertisment for 23andme.
      Same story for me! Called two weeks back, was told what you were told. Called yesterday, and again, was told what you were told!

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by drouhin View Post
        Batch 348, still waiting. Called today, and was told a completely different story than I was told 2 weeks ago, when I was assured that some type of verification process was in progress, implication being that the test was complete.

        Today the story is that my spare vial was never pulled to Houston from the Arizona lab, due to a computer glitch. It has ONLY NOW begun to be processed (AFTER ORDERING THIS TEST IN FEBRUARY), and it will be another 2-3 weeks.
        When I rang to get confirmation receipt of my fresh samples last week, the woman politely said immediately "there is a processing backlog" but when I asked for a specific date of receipt of my mailed in fresh samples she asked for my kit number, went off the line for about a minute, and then said "March 10".

        So, my feeling is that FTDNA receptionists give off-the-cuff answers unless you dig for specifics.

        In light of what I read above, I'm thinking of calling them again and asking which lab my FF samples are currently in.

        Comment


        • #49
          348 -- Deep Clade

          Was postponed to today, but no results yet--think it got lost in the FF shuffle?

          MJ

          Comment


          • #50
            Anyone else still waiting on Family Finder from this batch? Still waiting here.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by dok101 View Post
              Anyone else still waiting on Family Finder from this batch? Still waiting here.
              Me, too, but they only received my samples on March 10.

              Comment


              • #52
                Yes, still waiting for Family Finder results. I ordered the test in mid February.

                Comment


                • #53
                  I just got my Family Finder results tonight. One person is coming up as a possible 4th cousin. I really don't think that I could be related to this person but I sent him an e-mail anyway and I'm awaiting a response.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Anyone else from 348 still waiting for FF results? dok101?

                    None here yet. I called this afternoon, and today's story is that the most recent analysis was inconclusive and it will be another 3 weeks. I suggested they send me another kit, so if the old sample fails the next round of processing, they'll at least have some fresh sample on hand.
                    Last edited by drouhin; 14 May 2010, 06:18 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by drouhin View Post
                      Anyone else from 348 still waiting for FF results? dok101?

                      None here yet. I called this afternoon, and today's story is that the most recent analysis was inconclusive and it will be another 3 weeks. I suggested they send me another kit, so if the old sample fails the next round of processing, they'll at least have some fresh sample on hand.
                      Hi drouhin,

                      Yup, still waiting here too.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Results just in! Long wait, but I like the interface very much indeed. Nice to be able to adjust segment size. 17 matches total, 2 are estimated 4th cousins, 15 are estimated 5th.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          ^ Good to hear.

                          I'm still waiting. Did you need to submit fresh samples like I did?

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by drouhin View Post
                            Results just in! Long wait, but I like the interface very much indeed. Nice to be able to adjust segment size. 17 matches total, 2 are estimated 4th cousins, 15 are estimated 5th.
                            Congratulations!!

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              @dok101, none in for you yet?! Maybe yours are just now being completed and the results will be in later tonight. Fingers crossed! For some reason this wait seemed harder than the one for mtdna. I hope it's not much longer for you.

                              @ gtc, they had sample on hand for me.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by drouhin View Post
                                @dok101, none in for you yet?! Maybe yours are just now being completed and the results will be in later tonight. Fingers crossed! For some reason this wait seemed harder than the one for mtdna. I hope it's not much longer for you.

                                @ gtc, they had sample on hand for me.
                                Nope, nothing here yet. Thanks for asking. Good luck with your matches.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X