Batch 343

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My FGS has NOT come in yet.
    And my personal page still says expected 03/26/2010.
    I changed my settings to reveal HVR1 & HVR2 matches again. I have 188 High Resolution HVR1& HVR2 matches.

Comment

^Thank you Gene

Update: I've been bumped again, to 04/12/2010.

Comment

It's April 12th. Nothing yet.

Comment

New expected date is 05/03/2010.
          I think July is more likely.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Elizabeth~ View Post
            New expected date is 05/03/2010.
            I think July is more likely.
            I agree. I am batch 337, and the most recent revised date is 4/30.

Comment

May 21st is the new target date.

Comment

from 345 asking how do you get a test date update?

My HVR2 results are 6 weeks past due (3/24). Does the date simply change on the pending tests page? So far, no changes. Thank you, Rainbow/Elizabeth for the M&M humor.

Comment

Originally posted by lakemark View Post
                  My HVR2 results are 6 weeks past due (3/24). Does the date simply change on the pending tests page? So far, no changes. Thank you, Rainbow/Elizabeth for the M&M humor.
                  Thank you. Glad you liked the M&M humor. I couldn't resist.
                  And I had a similar worry (in 2006) after I got my first DNATribes result. My second highest match was to Mozambique. I wondered if the last thing I ate before the test -vanilla ice cream, made from Madagascar vanilla beans- influenced my result.

If your pending results page is outdated, email FTDNA at [email protected] and tell them it wasn't updated and ask for the new expected date.

Comment

nine days to go

Nine days to go until I reach May 21st.

TESTS EXPECTED* BATCH NOTES
                    mtHVR2toMega(FGS) 05/21/2010 343 Due to the overwhelming number of full mtDNA sequence orders received in the past months, we have again examined our testing process to find the bottlenecks that limit us most in how quickly we can produce results. To resolve the bottleneck in the time it takes to analyze sequences, we have contacted the company whose software we use for sequence analysis. We developed some enhancements that will reduce the amount of time required for analysis without compromising quality. While this will help in speeding up the delivery of results, we still count on your understanding and patience until your test is complete. Currently we have already delivered results for 95% of your batch. We will actively provide you with additional status updates if your results are not delivered by this target date.

Comment

It is due today. Nothing posted yet. It still has today's date.

Comment

Hi David.

Today is May 22nd and my FGS isn't finished. My personal page hasn't been updated yet. It still says 05/21/2010 . I sent an email to ftdna asking about it.

Elizabeth

In the meantime, I am also waiting for my new DNA Tribes results. They have 27 markers now.

Comment

<small sigh> my fgs has been bumped to June 11th.
                          23andme says I'm H1c. I looked at my 23andme mtdna raw data file and I think I'm just H1c.

mtHVR2toMega(FGS) 06/11/2010 343 Over 95% of the results in this batch have been delivered. Your sample has required multiple reruns in order to produce clear results for all segments in the full mtDNA sequence. We have proceeded to at least the second vial you provided and continue to rerun your test as necessary to obtain a clear and complete result. You may have received a kit to collect additional samples in order for the testing to continue. Please note that the mtDNA full sequence is the most complex test we offer and one that requires a very individual attention. We will upload results as the samples produce clear and complete sequences.

* The above expected date is a target used by the lab. Actual date may vary by a few days.

A very small percentage of the tests do not return conclusive results during the first run. In other words, those samples did not produce a reading that would allow for our lab to determine with 100% certainty the values for one or more markers. When this happens we re-test the sample. This procedure is repeated up to 3 times after the initial test fails (one more time with Vial A, and if the result is still inconclusive, 2 additional times with vial B). if at the end of the process we cannot determine reliable results (extremely small percentage of cases), this is generally attributed to a poor scraping, in which case we send you vials C and D for a new scraping.

Comment

Rainbow,

Family Tree DNA's FGS may also call you H1c.

BUT, be sure to check the 2009 Phylotree to see where you really fall.

FTDNA's nomenclature is not yet up to par and your "differences to the rCRS" might take you into another sub-clade.

Comment

Originally posted by rucksack View Post
                              Rainbow,

Family Tree DNA's FGS may also call you H1c.

BUT, be sure to check the 2009 Phylotree to see where you really fall.

FTDNA's nomenclature is not yet up to par and your "differences to the rCRS" might take you into another sub-clade.

I compared my 23andme mtdna raw data (rCRS) to phylotree's March 2010 tree (or to mutations I saw online somewhere).
                              Would be great if I had another subclade. A one-of-a-kind H1z would be cool!
                              (I know it doesn't exist).

edit: These are the five.
                              H1c1 would have rCRS 9150G and 16263C
                              H1c2 would have rCRS 8764A and 12858T
                              H1c3 would have rCRS 8473C

23andme checks for 4 of the 5. I don't have those letters at the end. I'm just an H1c.

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/...ection=results
                              H1c 477C
                              H1c1 9150G 16263C
                              H1c2 8764A 12858T
                              H1c3 8473C
                              Last edited by rainbow; 25 May 2010, 12:05 AM.

Comment

My FGS results are in!
                                I was about to log off the computer, no email from FTDNA, then I decided to peek at my personal page again and the page was different. The link for pending results was gone. So I scrolled down and clicked on mtdna and There it was
                                I am H1c

If there was a smiley for a dancing I would add it.
                                Last edited by rainbow; 26 May 2010, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X