Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gene2005
    Rainbow,
    When my results from FamilyTree DNA came back after months of waiting would n you know it, I`m in a subclade of L2a.
    FTDNA uses the following criteria to decide subclades (click on L2):

http://www.familytreedna.com/mtDNA-H...Mutations.aspx

and here is phylotree.org's criteria (which for L2a are the same as FTDNA's):

http://www.phylotree.org/tree/subtree_L.htm

Comment

And about 23andme.....my raw data download is unreadable and I've emailed 23andme several times asking for help but they don't respond.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow View Post
        And about 23andme.....my raw data download is unreadable and I've emailed 23andme several times asking for help but they don't respond.
        Do you mean your 23andMe mtDNA file is not consistent with the below format:

# rsid chromosome position genotype
        i3001607 MT 80 T
        i4000873 MT 86 C
        i3001616 MT 89 C

Comment

Thank you, gtc for the links. I have a Question, I have the mutations for a subclade but what is the rest of the mutations are for? Do it mean nothing now also in some not too distant future maybe will it be some new subclade discovery?
          FTDNA explains mtDNA results here:

http://www.familytreedna.com/PDF/mtDNAFull_Report.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by dok101 View Post

i3001607 MT 80 T
            i4000873 MT 86 C
            i3001616 MT 89 C
            Nope. I wouldn't know how to interpret that, but I don't even have that. There aren't any words at all (no chromosone, position, etc), except my name. And there isn't anyone answering my emails to [email protected].

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow View Post
              Nope. I wouldn't know how to interpret that, but I don't even have that. There aren't any words at all (no chromosone, position, etc), except my name. And there isn't anyone answering my emails to [email protected].
              Do you have a Facebook account? If so, post a message on their Facebook page. Someone is certain to respond.

Comment

Do you have a Facebook account? If so, post a message on their Facebook page. Someone is certain to respond.
                23andme have a crummy customer service. They haven't answered any of the emails I've sent since I got my results last year. If they only answer facebook messages, then it is worse than I thought. I'll just delete my 23andme scores from my signature.

Comment

Do you have a Facebook account?
                  I may have signed up for, or nearly signed up for, a Facebook account a few years ago, but don't use it and am not on Facebook.
                  I think I'll email my Relative Finder fourth cousin and ask him to email me my raw data download and/or ask him to ask 23andme to email me about the raw data.

Comment

I emailed my 23andme Relative Finder fourth cousin for help.

FTDNA didn't send me an email confirmation when I placed my HVR2toMega (FGS) order on January 13th (I sent an email to myself-it was just before 2pm, Jan 13th). And they didn't email me about what my batch # would be and my expected date of March 01st. And they didn't email me about getting bumped to March 19th. I found out by checked my FTDNA personal page. But I get emails for new HVR1 & HVR2 matches. I'd rather get emails about batch updates. I've read that some people are getting notified by email about their batch, so why aren't I?

Comment

i3001607 MT 80 T
                      i4000873 MT 86 C
                      i3001616 MT 89 C

I'll copy and paste segments of my unreadable 23andme raw data:

{y4r!d/

edit: Most of it won't post when I paste it. It has all sorts of weird characters such as a captal A with a sguiggle on top, the copyright sign (c in a circle), A capital Y ith two lines thru the stem, A capital S with a curve line above it, A capiatl C and E fused together, etc

a-H//
                      Last edited by rainbow; 5 March 2010, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Bumped again. New date: March 26th.

March 19th hasn't passed yet but about 3 hours ago I went to my FTDNA personal page to uncheck HVR1 and HVR2 matches and looked at my pending results again and saw I've been bumped again. The new date is March 26th.

Comment

I found out, with help from FTDNA, that FTDNA did send me a confirmation of the order I placed. I had it in a folder with the copy and pasted email I sent to myself.

Comment

Rainbow please let me know about your result when you get them, I`m really like to know. Thank you.
                            I sure will. Thanks for asking.

I'm texting from my phone that lets me post on the forum, but doesn't let me see my ftdna personal page pending results. The last time I checked it from a regular computer it said expected March 26th, and they fixed the notes so it says batch 343 now. I would like to have my results now. I think I've found the name of the mother of my mtdna GGGGgrandmother. There were several William Goldings from Virginia but I found only one who moved to North Carolina, he had two wives, and I think I descend from him and his first wife, Sarah Burns. I've also seen it spelled Barnes and Burnes. His second wife was Elizabeth Gentry and she had at least two sons prior to marrying Golding who are named Golding. I wonder if the boys were adopted by their stepfather or if they were biologically Goldings. If biological, then William was cheating on Sarah.

Comment

I didn't find them on a census. I found them online, from other people who have the genealogy posted online. They don't list my Martha though, but I figured they only listed their own ancestors and the siblings they knew of. William married Sarah in 1783, and he married Elizabeth in 1794. Oddly, Elizabeth's sons also had the same first names as his sons by Sarah. But the sons were born in different states and different years. Sarah Burns Golding's sons were born in Virginia. Elizabeth Gentry Golding's sons were born in North Carolina before she married Golding. The youngest son by Elizabeth was named Reuben and he had kids and they had the same names as his known siblings, but with Martha being the name of his oldest daughter, so I figured he did have a sibling named Martha. And it's the only Golding family in North Carolina who were from Virginia. It's possibe he may have had two siblings named Martha, one by Sarah and one by Elizabeth.
                              Another poster of the same William Golding family tree includes a daughter named Ann. Martha's grave marker shows that her middle name was Ann.

My family history says that Martha was born in Virginia and that she was 12 when she moved to North Carolina with her father William Golding in 1801, making her birth year 1789. One of Elizabeth's sons was also born in 1789.

My Martha had only one child, named Sarah/Sallie. I realize that those were common names back then, but I think Martha named her daughter after her mother.
                              Last edited by rainbow; 17 March 2010, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Nothing yet.

I found out that I have (as of today) 185 matches on 23andme Relative Finder.
                                I thought I had only one. Only one contacted me. I'm in the process of contacting the ones that didn't contact me. There is a 5 a day limit, so it will take over a month to contact all, if I get to a regular computer everyday.

Comment

Working...
                                X