• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch 343

I am in batch 343

EXPECTED* BATCH NOTES
    mtHVR2toMega(FGS) 03/01/2010 343

* The above expected date is a target used by the lab. Actual date may vary by a few days.

A very small percentage of the tests do not return conclusive results during the first run. In other words, those samples did not produce a reading that would allow for our lab to determine with 100% certainty the values for one or more markers. When this happens we re-test the sample. This procedure is repeated up to 3 times after the initial test fails (one more time with Vial A, and if the result is still inconclusive, 2 additional times with vial B). if at the end of the process we cannot determine reliable results (extremely small percentage of cases), this is generally attributed to a poor scraping, in which case we send you vials C and D for a new scraping.

Originally posted by ~Elizabeth~ View Post
    I am in batch 343
    if at the end of the process we cannot determine reliable results (extremely small percentage of cases), this is generally attributed to a poor scraping, in which case we send you vials C and D for a new scraping.
    My kit came with vials A, B and C all of which were requested to be returned.

Seems they need to update that message.

Comment

Originally posted by gtc View Post
      My kit came with vials A, B and C all of which were requested to be returned.

Seems they need to update that message.
      I was on a regular computer earlier today and copied and pasted the whole thing to this new thread. I don't expect FTDNA to send me a new kit or extra vials. They already have plenty. But if they need me to swab again, I will.
      I suppose this is the last DNA test I'll ever take.
      In 2006 I tested my mtdna with the Genographic Project and found out I am H 16519C. Then I transferred my results to FTDNA. Then I eventually ordered the subclade test that they had for H. That gave me H1. They sent me more swabs for that one. Then later on did the HVR2 test that gave me 263G 315.1C 477C. Phylotree says H1 with 477C is H1c.
      The FGS will reveal what I have in the coding region. I'll find out if I am plain H1c, H1c1, H1c2, or H1c3.

Comment

Thank you.
        And I hope your results are in by the 22nd and not postponed a third time.

I had wanted to wait til late February or March to order the FGS, if I were to order it, because I thought FTDNA would be swamped with orders around Christmas. I've read that there have been lots of postponements and a lot of people are still waiting for their results. I've braced myself for potential postponements til April or May or June.

Comment

I've been getting a bunch of emails from FTDNA saying that I have more HVR1 matches. I guess it is from all the new orders. I actually hope my FGS comes in early. All that needs to be looked at is the coding region. I wonder what the process is.

Comment

I don't think you will get the coding region results early - they are more likely to be late. My HVR and FGS were originally scheduled for Dec 7. I got the HVR1 and HVR2 results several weeks early, but the coding region due date has been pushed back 3 times and is now scheduled for Feb 5 - I'm in batch 331. Hopefully they will start catching up but you should be prepared in case the coding region results come in several weeks lates.

Comment

Just got my 12 marker results in, that was fast.

Comment

Originally posted by xerxes View Post
                Just got my 12 marker results in, that was fast.
                Panel 1-12 usually arrives quickly. I guess as 12 markers is a common order they have that bit optimized. Hopefully the rest will come along reasonably fast, too. How many markers have you ordered?

Comment

I have a 37 marker test.

Comment

Jan 27 Y 1-12 came in
                    Today 13-25 came in

The rest look like this:
                    TESTS EXPECTED* BATCH
                    Y-DNA67(Y-DNA38-47 Markers) 03/01/2010 343
                    Y-DNA67(Y-DNA48-60 Markers) 03/01/2010 343
                    Y-DNA67(Y-DNA61-67 Markers) 03/01/2010 343
                    Y-DNA67(Y-DNA26-37 Markers) 03/03/2010 343

Comment

2 more weeks to go.

Comment

8pm. was due today. nothing yet.

Today is March 01st, 2010. It is almost 8pm Eastern Standard Time. My HVR2toMega (FGS) was due today. Nothing yet.
                        I've read the other threads and see that several batches (330+) are still not completed either.

Comment

moved to March 19th.

I am in batch 343. Result was due March 01st. I've been moved to March 19th. The notes section says batch 342.

I copied and pasted to here:

mtHVR2toMega(FGS) 03/19/2010 343 In October we held a sale on the mtDNA full sequence test, anticipating about 1000 orders. The response to this sale far exceeded our expectations and our ability to score. Because of this, we were not able to complete all of the results within the time frame we had originally planned and described to you, and we appreciate your patience as we continue to process these tests. We have made several changes to personnel schedules in the lab in order to maximize the volume of tests we can process at once. Your order is neither forgotten nor ignored. Tests that produce clear results for the entire sequence on the first attempt immediately continue through quality control and are uploaded to your account. However, in some cases portions of the sequence must be retested before the sequence is complete, and in other cases the first sample does not produce clear results and we must extract DNA from a second sample in order to continue. These orders take longer to complete because of the extra testing needed. These factors are why some people whose test was submitted to the lab later may receive their results sooner. Our primary goal is quality, and while we have stepped up production speed we do so only in such ways that do not reduce the quality of your result. Your test was ordered in batch 342. The first round of testing for this batch will take place in early March. If your sample produces clear and complete results on the first try, you will receive your results in early March. We have set an estimated date for return of your results. This estimate allows enough time for the majority of results from batch 342 to be completed. This is not the date on which we expect your results to arrive, but a date by which we expect your results will already be completed and reported to you. Your results may arrive before this date. Our estimated completion date may change as we come closer to completing your order. If there is a change in our estimate, we will update this message and date.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow View Post
                            I am in batch 343. Result was due March 01st. I've been moved to March 19th. The notes section says batch 342.

I copied and pasted to here:
                            I would not take that March 19th deadline too seriously. Unless something changes in between now and the next few days, you will be waiting a considerable time longer than that.

Comment

^ It looks like it will be very late, if it comes in at all.
                              I've read that your batch 337 is very late also. Same for batch 330, etc.

The vials/swabs FTDNA have of me were the extras that they sent to me, a long time ago, when I was waiting for the H subclade test. My original MTDNA test was thru the National Geographic Project, and I later transfered to FTDNA, but my GP vials didn't yield any more dna, so FTDNA sent me more vials for the H subclade test. After the subclade test, I ordered 3 more tests. This HVR2toMega (FGS) is the fourth test to be done on those extra vials. From the notes it looks like they didn't even try testing my vials for this batch yet. So my sample was in a fridge or a desk drawer for these past six weeks?

edit: the note hints at a scheduling problem. maybe management let nearly everyone go on winter vacation at the same time. That happens. I've had unbelievably stupid bosses that did that. I've been stuck with an unfair overload of work many times.
                              Last edited by rainbow; 2 March 2010, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X