Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch 336

I-l69(l69) 01/10/2010

So I'm getting the results on the 01/10/2010?

Comment

Originally posted by Semitic Duwa View Post
      So I'm getting the results on the 01/10/2010?
      You may get them earlier, but FTDNA estimates that they will be finished with that batch of customer tests by Jan 10. It all depends ...

Comment

Originally posted by gtc View Post
        You may get them earlier, but FTDNA estimates that they will be finished with that batch of customer tests by Jan 10. It all depends ...

That's good news I guess

Comment

This is the batch that has my results and Jan 10 is my birthday. It would be a great birthday present but I don't know how I'll stand waiting that long.

Comment

So it's also your batch

Comment

So it's also your batch
              Batch = group. Batches are not unique to individuals. Every Wednesday, FTDNA batches up ALL the orders placed since the previous Wednesday and sends them to the labs.

Batches have little to do with the processing of the tests at the lab, since the orders are divided between two different labs, depending on the type of test, and each lab has their own processing schedule. The batch numbers are simply a guide for the lab, FTDNA staff and customers to know when an order was placed and when tests from that batch "should" be due. But different types of tests have different estimated completion dates. And some tests get done much sooner than the estimated date, some get done right on time, and a small percentage get delayed due to various reasons.

This Batch Calendar forum is a waiting room, nothing more. People here are just posting the estimated due dates for their tests as FYI. Look at your own MyFTDNA page, Pending Results tab, for the estimated due date for your own test.

Elise

Comment

Originally posted by efgen View Post
                Batch = group. Batches are not unique to individuals. Every Wednesday, FTDNA batches up ALL the orders placed since the previous Wednesday and sends them to the labs.

Batches have little to do with the processing of the tests at the lab, since the orders are divided between two different labs, depending on the type of test, and each lab has their own processing schedule. The batch numbers are simply a guide for the lab, FTDNA staff and customers to know when an order was placed and when tests from that batch "should" be due. But different types of tests have different estimated completion dates. And some tests get done much sooner than the estimated date, some get done right on time, and a small percentage get delayed due to various reasons.

This Batch Calendar forum is a waiting room, nothing more. People here are just posting the estimated due dates for their tests as FYI. Look at your own MyFTDNA page, Pending Results tab, for the estimated due date for your own test.

Elise
                You're making me feel stupid but I still thank you

Comment

I'm in this batch. Or whatever I call it . I just want my results (moan). I have three different dates all in january when I click it in pending results but I'm not sure what all the differences mean (I'm not that savvy on the vocabulary yet) but the only test I ordered was the mtdna one. It looks like they do it in chunks.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                    I'm in this batch. Or whatever I call it . I just want my results (moan). I have three different dates all in january when I click it in pending results but I'm not sure what all the differences mean (I'm not that savvy on the vocabulary yet) but the only test I ordered was the mtdna one. It looks like they do it in chunks.
                    If you copy and paste the schedule from your Pending Lab Results page here then we can help you with what they mean.

Comment

If you copy and paste the schedule from your Pending Lab Results page here then we can help you with what they mean.
                      Y-HAP-Backbone(Backbone) 01/10/2010 336

Comment

Y-HAP-Backbone(Backbone) 01/10/2010 336
                        I've not seen that before and had to look it up myself -- see point #8 here:

http://www.familytreedna.com/faq/answers/8.aspx#515

Have you been previously Y-DNA tested by FTDNA, and did they email you saying further testing was required?

Comment

Pending Items
                          TESTS EXPECTED* BATCH NOTES
                          mtDNAPlus(HVR1) 01/19/2010 336
                          mtDNAPlus(HVR2) 01/19/2010 336
                          mtDNAPlus(mtHaplo) 01/05/2010 336

Now I'm all excited about finding out what the differences mean - I'm going to be lurking here all day to find out.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                            Pending Items
                            TESTS EXPECTED* BATCH NOTES
                            mtDNAPlus(HVR1) 01/19/2010 336
                            mtDNAPlus(HVR2) 01/19/2010 336
                            mtDNAPlus(mtHaplo) 01/05/2010 336
                            I'm surprised to see two different dates for the same batch number -- but then I'm more familiar with Y-DNA testing than mtDNA testing.

Here's FTDNA's description of the MtDNAPlus test suite that you appear to have ordered:

mtDNAPlus

Both men and women may take this test. It traces the direct maternal line without influence from other lines. This test is for HVR1(16001-16569) and HVR2(00001-00574) of the mitochondrial DNA. The addition of HVR2 to results reduces the number of matches. A panel of twenty-two SNPs is included for backbone haplogroup placement. Results identify the ethnic and geographic origin of the maternal line. The customer receives a certificate and report generally describing the testing process and the meaning of high resolution matches. Results are placed in our database. When another person shows identical results, if both parties have signed the Family Tree DNA Release Form then we will inform them of the match.

As for HVR1 and HVR2:

A hypervariable region (HVR) is a location within nuclear DNA or the D-loop of mitochondrial DNA in which base pairs of nucleotides repeat (in the case of nuclear DNA) or have substitutions (in the case of mitochondrial DNA). Changes or repeats in the hypervariable region are highly polymorphic.

There are two mitochondrial hypervariable regions used in human mitochondrial genealogical DNA testing. HVR1 is considered a "low resolution" region and HVR2 is considered a "high resolution" region. Getting HVR1 and HVR2 DNA tests can help determine one's haplogroup. HVR1 locations are numbered 16001-16568. HVR2 locations are numbered 001-574.

Now there's a lot of jargon there, but essentially once you have your HVR1 and HVR2 results you'll be able to compare yourself with others either directly via FTDNA's matches page (as long as you sign the release agreement), or also if you enter your results into mitosearch. (http://www.mitosearch.org/)

When FTDNA declares your haplogroup, then you'll get an inkling into your deep ancestry. Here's an overview:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_m...DNA_haplogroup

Comment

O.k. I think I see what you're saying. Thank you for the links.

Comment

Working...
                              X