Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batch 326

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Batch 326

    Batch 326 on order. Expected date: 11/02/2009 and 11/02/2009.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Asturianu View Post
    Batch 326 on order. Expected date: 11/02/2009 and 11/02/2009.
    I meant 11/04/2009 as the subsequent date. I have several orders on the way: Deep Clade-R, MtDNA (HVR1), Y-Refine 12-to-25 (I decided to go with a limited upgrade, due to the limited matches I have in the database) and an Earwax factoid.

    Pretty excited.

    Comment


    • #3
      I just got the results back from my 12-25 DYS upgrade. Pretty fast! Compliments to the FtDNA team.

      Interestingly, my values appear rather untypical. Whilst I match 7 individuals at a 12/12 level, according to FtDNA, I match absolutely no one at the 25 marker level. I am wondering if anyone could tell me if there is anything unusual with my DYS values which would account for this.

      My Ysearch ID is CHXUV. I would appreciate any help that anyone could provide.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Asturianu View Post
        I just got the results back from my 12-25 DYS upgrade. Pretty fast! Compliments to the FtDNA team.

        Interestingly, my values appear rather untypical. Whilst I match 7 individuals at a 12/12 level, according to FtDNA, I match absolutely no one at the 25 marker level. I am wondering if anyone could tell me if there is anything unusual with my DYS values which would account for this.

        My Ysearch ID is CHXUV. I would appreciate any help that anyone could provide.

        Wow, you have seven. I only have one at the 12 marker level. I also dont match anyone at the 25 marker level or beyond. By the way, you might have to wait a little bit for the deep clade results. I am still waiting for my results from Batch 325.

        bob

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bob_chasm View Post
          Wow, you have seven. I only have one at the 12 marker level. I also dont match anyone at the 25 marker level or beyond. By the way, you might have to wait a little bit for the deep clade results. I am still waiting for my results from Batch 325.

          bob
          Hi Bob,

          That's really interesting. I would imagine that your lack of matches is predicated on the relatively small portion of J2 bearing individuals in the database, as opposed to the considerably larger R1b demographic? How many J2 individuals are in the overall database here? What's the progress on your deep clade test? What markers have you tested negative for thus far?

          In my own case, I assumed that, due to R1b's commonality, one would have more matches at both (12 and 25) levels. According to what have I have looked up on Ybase and similar sites, certain of my DYS values have a relatively small distribution (some as small as 1-3%) among R1b bearing individuals. So I was ultimately somewhat disappointed.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Asturianu View Post
            Hi Bob,

            That's really interesting. I would imagine that your lack of matches is predicated on the relatively small portion of J2 bearing individuals in the database, as opposed to the considerably larger R1b demographic? How many J2 individuals are in the overall database here? What's the progress on your deep clade test? What markers have you tested negative for thus far?

            In my own case, I assumed that, due to R1b's commonality, one would have more matches at both (12 and 25) levels. According to what have I have looked up on Ybase and similar sites, certain of my DYS values have a relatively small distribution (some as small as 1-3%) among R1b bearing individuals. So I was ultimately somewhat disappointed.
            Hi Asturianu, I suppose you are right, the largest number of samples in the database are from Western Europe, where R1b is most common. So you should expect more matches than me. Although, there could be many J2 in the database too. FTDNA has the largest number of Jewish participants and J2 is the most common haplogroup in the Jewish population. In addition, J2 is fairly common in Southern Europe along the Mediterranean. Furthermore, I think there are over a thousand samples from India in the FTDNA database, (mostly from Sengupta's studies, I think) and a similar number from the Middle East.

            So far, I am M172+, M102-, M47-, M48-, M68-

            The deep clade testing I am getting at the present time, will confirm I am M410+ and identify a subclade, I am hoping. On Y search I am d3j7u.

            bob

            Haplogroup J2
            Last edited by bob_chasm; 19 October 2009, 10:50 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              another R1b

              I'm also doing the R deep subclade test in batch 326. Just got an email that they were not able to get a good test on my sample and will retest up to 3 times. I'm wondering if it is because of the age of the sample which I sent in about 3 years ago through the genographic project. I also did a separate 25 marker test which had identical results to the 12 markers tested in the genographic project. Having identical results on the two test gave me some confidence in their testing ability. :>

              I have several 2-off matches on the 25 marker test, but none who share the same surname, and most of them originated in England, while my family was in Hesse, Germany in the early 1700s, so I doubt very much that they are closely related. I'm hoping the R deep subclade test might link me to some identifiable community ca 2000-3000 years ago.

              I'm also waiting on results for the complete mtDNA test.

              GST

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by GST View Post
                I'm also doing the R deep subclade test in batch 326. Just got an email that they were not able to get a good test on my sample and will retest up to 3 times. I'm wondering if it is because of the age of the sample which I sent in about 3 years ago through the genographic project. I also did a separate 25 marker test which had identical results to the 12 markers tested in the genographic project. Having identical results on the two test gave me some confidence in their testing ability. :>

                I have several 2-off matches on the 25 marker test, but none who share the same surname, and most of them originated in England, while my family was in Hesse, Germany in the early 1700s, so I doubt very much that they are closely related. I'm hoping the R deep subclade test might link me to some identifiable community ca 2000-3000 years ago.

                I'm also waiting on results for the complete mtDNA test.

                GST
                Hi GST,

                Don't despair, for I too was sent the same exact message on 11/02 (the date the results were scheduled to be in by). I'm of the opinion that they are likely just running a little behind, as they were processing the sample through various clade tests prior to -and after- the message was sent. Moreover, my sample has been put through a basic mtDNA analysis, earwax factoid and 12-25 DYS values.

                Additionally, individuals in batches that were due before our own are still awaiting results. So I wouldn't worry too much.

                What is the status on your sample? Have there been any results thus far?
                Mine read out like this: L1- L2- L20- L21- L23+ L4- L48- M153- P107-

                I also tested with the Genographic Project (about 7 months ago).

                I also respect your skeptical approach to the aforementioned question of haplogroup analysis. It's always good to ensure the reliability of these things.

                I also match a few people at the 12 marker level (they come from England, Germany and France). Out of these matches, on the 25 marker level, I match one of the individuals at quite about 22 markers (an English individual of possible Norman ancestry, on account of his surname). That match is pretty interesting, as some of the markers we match at have an overall distribution of 3-10%.

                Ultimately, I too am looking to get out of the Deep Clade test what you are. It would be nice to have some idea of the geographic distribution of my clade.

                I'll keep you updated on my progress.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks for your reply - my sample show's predicted R1b1b2* and it also shows "tested negative" for U106. No other results yet, but they expect the next round of tests to be completed Nov 20.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I just got the test results, a couple days early - I tested positive for L2 and negative for L20, which puts me in R1b1b2a1b4c.

                    It's interesting that they did not test for P312 or U152, but they went directly to the L2 test. I'm guessing they had a good prediction of what to look for.

                    I found this webpage that has the most detailed descriptions I've seen of clade and subclade likely histories:

                    http://www.eupedia.com/europe/origin...europe.shtml#I

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X